[2.6] IMMORTAL MF GOLEMS - Shaper / Uber / ALL Guardians *WHILE DEAD*

"
beritraz wrote:
Lightning has a skill called wrath(added lightning) which affects allies

Actually, it's called Storm Nimbus and does affect affect the player and indeed "nearby allies", i.e. the other golems around him

"
beritraz wrote:
and of course the golem buff.

Ah, but the golems do not buff each other, their buffs only apply to the player but not "minions" or "allies" (unless it says "allies", for example golems can supercharge each other with Victario's Charity and the Necromantic Aegis keystone)
Last edited by tomay on May 20, 2017, 9:04:08 AM
With the upcoming ES nerf I'm expecting to lose about 2k ES. I may be able to gain 1k as I still need to upgrade my chest and boots, but I was expecting to end up at a comfortable 8-9k pre-nerf and now the only way I can see doing that is unloading all my MF gear. I'm hoping they dial back the nerf before it goes live but games always seem to enjoy losing paying customers by taking away all time and effort they invested.

I hope they realize the issue that will come after the nerf: trash mobs need to be buffed and bosses need to have their one-shot capability capped.
ES is not a core component of this build. 7k+ Life should be no problem with BotB.

IIRC, a few pages back someone posted a version with 6k+ Life using Greed's Embrace which has potentially more IIQ/IIR than the ES version.
Last edited by tomay on May 20, 2017, 10:48:11 AM
I think life or hybrid will be the way to go in 3.0 at present, think i will use lioneye's vision for a 7l 2 red 4 off color shouldnt be 2 hard to get.
Thanks for the replies guys.

So far I'm doing pretty well on 6 flame golems. If I will need more damage later on.. I guess I will try to use a lightning. But I really don't want to re-summon, and the flame golems are immortal, while the lightning one.. maybe less?.. Not sure.

Plus, I'm really tight on gem slots. I use Lightning Warp with Faster Casting and Less Duration. 4 slots for CWDT. 1 Enlighten and a slight modif of the tree to add Arctic Armor as a 3rd aura. So I have most of my mana reserved. Like.. 95%. And I can't re-summon golems easily, but luckily.. they don't die! I also use orb of Storms, seems much better.. it shocks and curses everything around instantly.

I discovered that in PVP they die superfast though. BS. BS PoE BS!

One more question.. isn't Mastermind of Discord useful? Plus the increases in Attack and Cast Speed leading to that. So Damage.... means.. just my damage? Doesn't apply to minions?
Or maybe the chance to freeze, shock and ignite...?...
"
the flame golems are immortal, while the lightning one.. maybe less?.. Not sure.

Lighty is "elemental" and thus just as "immortal" as the flame golems. In fact, he has the same base life as his fiery cousins.

Do a Shaper fight and he will survive all attacks just as well.
Last edited by tomay on May 20, 2017, 4:04:14 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
I think life or hybrid will be the way to go in 3.0 at present

Nah, full life is the way to go... if that nerf hits as intended, anything ES is damaged goods. MoM might be be a viable option.
"
tomay wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:
I think life or hybrid will be the way to go in 3.0 at present

Nah, full life is the way to go... if that nerf hits as intended, anything ES is damaged goods. MoM might be be a viable option.

Hybrid is always a valid option for a summoner, life so far is only getting small buffs and would need huge buffs to approach the life pool that hybrid offers. Personally i will go life (mainly for synchronizing better with mf gear) but im planning on necro golem/spectre build so its pretty different to this build.
There's only two clusters in the tree catering for Hybrid, Written in Blood and Melding (which is rather low on the Life side) and only one jewel socket within reasonable reach. With the hit that ES is about to take this area in the tree offers little attraction.
Last edited by tomay on May 20, 2017, 5:30:47 PM
"
tomay wrote:
There's only two clusters in the tree catering for Hybrid, Written in Blood and Melding (which is rather low on the Life side) and only one jewel socket within reasonable reach. With the hit that ES is about to take this area in the tree offers little attraction.

And theres generally a lot of es right next to the life and minion nodes witch takes, i made a 152% life 180%es build in about 2 mins on path of building. Es gear will largely be 33% less at the highest rolls which isnt a huge nerf to hybrid.
Personally i dont really like hybrid till you get very good chaos res gear but its definitely a valid build.

Last edited by Fhark on May 20, 2017, 5:41:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info