[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

"
Austy wrote:
fun build, currently level 66. was looking at the transition tree to CI and noticed it will probably take a decent amount of respec points, about how many regrets? also what level would be optimal for switching to CI? thanks!

The number of respec points/regrets will depend on when you actually plan on switching to CI. That decision will vary between individuals and is highly dependent on what ES gear you have available. You can switch to CI any time after level 69 or so, just make sure you have the gear ready for it.

"
XNOTE wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, I believe it's the way - must record to showoff in that section, but I just got 1 from farms and bought another one to "race" on time just for lols :)

Also check this out:

Managed to kill Uber Atziri (deathless but close at trio), must say wasn't so hard when I used Vaal Trap on phases ^^

http://imgur.com/a/Ktox6

Nice! Gratz on that!

"
Toby1knoby20 wrote:
I played this build in hardcore to level 69 as a raider. It's a lot of fun with great damage, but I'm looking for ways to increase the survivability. I died to Kole on merciless when my computer stuttered. Would this build work as a Shadow for some increased survivability?

Shucks, sorry to hear that. :/ In all honesty, I feel ranger/pathfinder has way more survivability compared to shadow. For one, you get immunity to status ailments, and for two, you get 50% incr. flask effect which will be a huge boost for your defense with your flasks up:

e.g. Non-legacy Taste of hate will grant you +9% max cold res and 30% phys dmg taken as cold. Atziri's flask will grant you more damage as well as 3% of chaos damage leeched as life.

"
rodofrn wrote:
Hello guys, thanks for the guide and the support from the other PoE members answering questions and issues!
I have a lvl 86 flaskfinder and this is the gear, what can I improve and how can I gain more DPS? Thanks!

THANKS!

You're welcome!

Firstly, your gear looks low on ES. I would aim to get an Atziri's Splendour for the ES and res and aim to upgrade your boots to Brinerot's for extra dps, lightning res as well as ES.

Secondly, you have elemental focus on your 6th link, which is awesome for DPS and all. However, assuming your priority is mapping, which it probably is for now, I would recommend switching elemental focus for incr. crit strikes to enable you to freeze mobs. Trust me, being able to freeze mobs makes the game alot more fun and also adds another 'layer' of defence to your build.

Thirdly, your claw isn't the best - there's a fair chance that a well-rolled Touch of Anguish will enable you to outdps your current claw by virtue of the 3 frenzy chargee that it offers, not to mention the free chain which will improve your AOE clear speeds. It's definitely worth looking into.

Lastly, do you not have any problems getting stunlocked? Your jewellery is very nice, but they offer no stun resistance whatsoever. Getting stunlocked is, for me, the most annoying thing in POE. If it is the same for you, I would suggest replacing one of your rings for a valyrium for the time being.

"
Ventrule wrote:
Hiho,

I'm playing with this build on LHC.
I have 8.8k ES with Discipline, can't use 3 auras for now.
Leveling with double ToA was fun but after switching to CI my damage fell down by a lot.
Using the Blue Dream jewel for power charge generation.
What can I change in my equipment/passive tree to gain more dps?
Until I have currency for Taste of Hate, what should I use as 5th flask?
I would greatly appreciate any help!

Equipment:

Passive tree:

Just to add a little more to what XNOTE has said (which is already very comprehensive), you should look to get a 6L as well as a better amulet asap. Also, you can swap your shaper's touch gloves for a corrupted shaper's touch with 'grant's assassin's mark' skill and link Shield Charge, Faster attacks, Fortify and Curse on Hit in it, which would allow you to curse mobs by shielding charging into them and allow you to generate power charges by killing them, thereby freeing up one jewel socket for a better jewel with better DPS mods.

"

Yeah, I picked up the claw for 39ex, and was considering a 440 pdps claw for a 20k unbuffed DPS increase, but figured a higher crit chance claw would make gearing slightly easier. Good to know about the slam, have 10.448 with HH on, so should be a cakewalk.

Yup, just make sure to dodge Shaper's Balls! They have the potential to stunlock you to death if you're unlucky.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hello,
I highly appreciate your build !!!
Can you review my equipment and tell me what you think?
thanks in advance

Spoiler

Inva!!!!! <3 Made any more priceless Regals recently? *wink

I know you said don't say welcome back anymore, so, shoot, I guess I'll just say glad to see one of your threads again! Back in beta days, I rolled a shadow using one of your builds, Flicker Strike, I think. Unfortunately this was in the desync days and whirling blades and my internet were mortal enemies. :)

I recently specced out of a life-based Frostblades build into this one, and the damage is nuts, even going down to one claw. I'm not sure where to go next. I feel like there is a little DPS "push" right around the corner but I don't know what would help the most. I'm 85 Raider, haven't done uber yet.

I'm basically missing: the 40% multi from the Heartseeker cluster, the last three nodes up to and including Magpie, the remaining two witch jewel nodes and Alchemist. I feel like the jewel nodes is where I need to focus next, but that really depends on getting some OP jewels, and I have ~90c to my name, haha (which yes I need to do immediately since current duration is going to be "0" lol). :)

If interested, I'll post my bleh gear below. Don't laugh at the life flask, I haven't replaced it with a Staunching diamond yet :p

Spoiler

I think I prefer PCoC w/Shield Charge for PC generation. BV doesn't seem to proc consistently enough for me.

Thanks for all your work with this build guide, and for participating and helping in the thread! I'm having fun and I really enjoy that this build opens up as you acquire better gear! I like builds that grow with you. :)
/popcorn always, because people
Great guide - thanks to Invalesco! Nice to see other users contributing their thoughts in the thread as well.

I'm still very much a new player, this being my 2nd toon in LSC but learning alot. I don't think I will be able to afford a Skyforth's or a claw based on the current prices, especially with the amount of time left in the league.
With that being said, I wanted to get the most out of the build with the time and resources left to me and be prepared for 3.0 (hopefully build remains viable)!

Given my total wealth of 3ex, I'm aiming for the following gear:
- Shaper's touch w/ Ass. Mark [crazy how expensive the elemental weakness version is!];
- 5 link Val or go for AS ES variant?
- helm/shield, maybe self-craft with essence?

Appreciate any input or tips as I power-level my way to end-game :)
Invalesco thank you so much for this amazing build, im enjoying it a lot.

I managed to kill all guardians but no success with shaper, what i should upgrade now? btw i have raider and pathfinder ready for this build.

Thank you!

Spoiler
Some HH fun on Strand.

"
Leugim wrote:
Invalesco thank you so much for this amazing build, im enjoying it a lot.

I managed to kill all guardians but no success with shaper, what i should upgrade now? btw i have raider and pathfinder ready for this build.

Thank you!

Spoiler

Your gear seems viable for Shaper kill, only issue that stands here is stun. Could swap to anti-stun ring but sadly I advise you to keep that extra dps as you gonna need it so you have to play mechanically safe.

Advises for Shaper without changing your gear too much:

*Pathfinder would be more ideal. Please update your tree to a suggested version in Page 1.
1. Keep gems leveling to at least 20/20, best scenario is to upgrade them to 21 tho.
2. You must put 20q into your flasks! Also swap Silver Flask to Wise Oak (on build checker it provides higher damage boost versus big bosses).
3. Make sure you cast your Ele weakness on him whenever you have time to burst him down. Also trigger Fortify when possible.
4. Try to keep your totem nearby and alive.
5. Dodge balls, slam but you should be able to survive his kamehame beam with flasks up - that is actually very good time for burst.
6. Use Brinerot Flag shield with Rallying Cry in II weapon slot for free power charges - does give you damage boost before fight starts/ recast on ball phases.
*7. (optional) Use Abyssus helmet with well rolled Crit. Multi - you can still facetank his beam but must dodge everything else.

Extra: if you lack damage it's better to dodge some of his attacks and be sure you position homing vortexes away from the center. Weeks ago I used to do that with Anguish Claw h/o 187k dps.
Hello world.
Last edited by XNOTE on Apr 26, 2017, 7:24:37 AM
With the non-Skyforth link setup for the helm, what does the CWDT trigger? the golem, immortal call and the vortex?
Has anyone looked at using a dagger variant of this build, but using an incandescant heart?
Probably only worth if you already have a GG dagger, but not a claw, but incandescant heart means you don't need to path to vitality void for life leech. Plus some bonus chaos damage and defense against elemental, and easy to colour. It's slightly less leech than you can get from claw nodes but with enough damage should be fine.
Would need to grab Mind drinker too I guess.

I'm going to respec an old raider to this to try (I played frost blade last league and want to see how much better the single target is now), and already have a 6l incandescant to play with, and if it's easier to find/afford a decent dagger I might try this variant.
Otherwise I'll just stick with touch of anguish and enjoy the extra leech
"
Nafelic wrote:
Hello,
I highly appreciate your build !!!
Can you review my equipment and tell me what you think?
thanks in advance

Spoiler

Hi, thanks!

1. Your soul finger steel ring is decent and is worth crafting %ES on.
2. You have no stun resistance whatsoever. Consider getting a valyrium if getting stunlocked is a problem for you.
3. Your amulet is nice, but you would ideally want a %crit multi roll on it, not %crit chance
4. Your ES helm should be upgraded for more DPS
5. Your Atziri's Splendour is the wrong variant. You want the version with >650 ES.
6. Your taste of hate is the absolute minimum roll. Consider divining it up or getting a better roll
7. Shield and belt are fine

"
deadamaranth wrote:
Inva!!!!! <3 Made any more priceless Regals recently? *wink

I know you said don't say welcome back anymore, so, shoot, I guess I'll just say glad to see one of your threads again! Back in beta days, I rolled a shadow using one of your builds, Flicker Strike, I think. Unfortunately this was in the desync days and whirling blades and my internet were mortal enemies. :)

I recently specced out of a life-based Frostblades build into this one, and the damage is nuts, even going down to one claw. I'm not sure where to go next. I feel like there is a little DPS "push" right around the corner but I don't know what would help the most. I'm 85 Raider, haven't done uber yet.

I'm basically missing: the 40% multi from the Heartseeker cluster, the last three nodes up to and including Magpie, the remaining two witch jewel nodes and Alchemist. I feel like the jewel nodes is where I need to focus next, but that really depends on getting some OP jewels, and I have ~90c to my name, haha (which yes I need to do immediately since current duration is going to be "0" lol). :)

If interested, I'll post my bleh gear below. Don't laugh at the life flask, I haven't replaced it with a Staunching diamond yet :p

Spoiler

I think I prefer PCoC w/Shield Charge for PC generation. BV doesn't seem to proc consistently enough for me.

Thanks for all your work with this build guide, and for participating and helping in the thread! I'm having fun and I really enjoy that this build opens up as you acquire better gear! I like builds that grow with you. :)

Hey! haha you remember! Sadly haven't made any expensive regals recently :P
Thanks for the welcome either way! :)

Looking at your gear and tree, there's more than a little DPS push around the corner!

1. I would invest in a taste of hate before good jewels. The DPS + defensive boost from taste of hate will really make mapping much more comfortable and speedy.
2. Grab the crit nodes and alchemist cluster before the jewel sockets if you're unable to obtain good jewels

There's plenty of room for improvement in your gear, but its fine to take it one step at a time. Get a staunching diamond flask first then taste of hate. You can upgrade the rest of your gear after! Probably the only thing semi-decent at the moment is your helm and that doesn't have the frost blades dmg enchant either :p

PCoC w/Shield Charge is a really good thought. BV is definitely lacklustre if most enemies are frozen and unable to hit you anyway. Glad to know you're enjoying the build, you're welcome! :)

"
paraxis_d2 wrote:
Great guide - thanks to Invalesco! Nice to see other users contributing their thoughts in the thread as well.

I'm still very much a new player, this being my 2nd toon in LSC but learning alot. I don't think I will be able to afford a Skyforth's or a claw based on the current prices, especially with the amount of time left in the league.
With that being said, I wanted to get the most out of the build with the time and resources left to me and be prepared for 3.0 (hopefully build remains viable)!

Given my total wealth of 3ex, I'm aiming for the following gear:
- Shaper's touch w/ Ass. Mark [crazy how expensive the elemental weakness version is!];
- 5 link Val or go for AS ES variant?
- helm/shield, maybe self-craft with essence?

Appreciate any input or tips as I power-level my way to end-game :)

Glad to know you're learning! Ya the league is ending soon so just try and have as much fun as you can before it does!

Ya its amazing how much the ele weakness shaper's touch is going for now. With 3 ex, I would suggest grabbing a well-rolled touch of anguish, shaper's touch w/ ass. mark, a level 3 (at least) enlighten and an appropriately coloured skin of the loyal. For the rest of the gear you can use my 'gear progression' section as a guide. Brinerot boots will be better tha Rainbowstrides if you don't need the tri res from rainbowstrides. If you have leftover currency you can try self-crafting an already enchanted helm. Otherwise just buy decent cheap ES gear.

"
Some HH fun on Strand.

HH looks incredibly fun. I'm still working my way (very slowly) towards trying to get my first ever HH to experiment with (still need 2 doctor cards). Unfortunately, I'm too busy at the moment to make much headway in that area :/

"
chadbishop wrote:
With the non-Skyforth link setup for the helm, what does the CWDT trigger? the golem, immortal call and the vortex?

Yup, all 3! I like having ice golem triggered with CWDT so I don't have to keep summoning it. Purely a QOL preference.

"
Carlovski wrote:
Has anyone looked at using a dagger variant of this build, but using an incandescant heart?
Probably only worth if you already have a GG dagger, but not a claw, but incandescant heart means you don't need to path to vitality void for life leech. Plus some bonus chaos damage and defense against elemental, and easy to colour. It's slightly less leech than you can get from claw nodes but with enough damage should be fine.
Would need to grab Mind drinker too I guess.

I'm going to respec an old raider to this to try (I played frost blade last league and want to see how much better the single target is now), and already have a 6l incandescant to play with, and if it's easier to find/afford a decent dagger I might try this variant.
Otherwise I'll just stick with touch of anguish and enjoy the extra leech

I know of someone who is using a dagger variant (Sophpokes), but I think he only relies on Atziri's Flask for leech. Also, I believe netflix_and_strand was using incandescent heart a while ago. I don't yet know of anyone combining the two.

The DPS edge that daggers have over claws is no longer as great as before ever since the nerf to daggers and the buff to claw nodes. With a budget option such as ToA available, which itself already offers free chain and frenzy charges, it will be very difficult to get a dagger that is both reasonably-priced and yet strong enough to replace it.

Incandescent heart can definitely work though.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info