[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

"
"

Need some work on the rings/amulet. Using HH for fun.

My gems are a complete mess right now, was moving stuff around.

If I were to improve anything else it would be the lack of int on helm/shield, but I'm a bit res starved with HH and shitty steel rings.
Love the build so far, absolutely tears through maps, about as fast, if not slightly faster than my 110ex HoWA build (which I sold to finance this build, so I can't make any side by side comparisons). Total cost on this build so far is about 90-100ex (Claw prices spiked up in the last 3 weeks, 400pdps claws went from 15-16ex -> 35-40ex) not incl. HH.
AFAIK can permafreeze T14 unique mobs, haven't had a chance to try any t15 bosses aside from Kaom and he kind of disintegrates instantly.

Will be taking it to Shaper tomorrow for a spin after I fix up my jewels/grab a legacy ToH!

E: Used Jeweller method to 5 off my chest. It was bought as a 6S, used 3R to roll until I hit 4 off in the first 4 sockets. Then used 5 socket vorici until I hit red, and finally used 6S vorici. Costed ~40c since I got all jeweller rolls on the first try. Rolled 3R twice.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the build! Frost Blades really is an incredible map clearing skill. Agree that claw prices have spiked up tremendously. I reckon you should be able to freeze the T15 bosses with that amount of DPS. You can test it out on the shaper mini bosses - if you can freeze them you can freeze the t15 bosses.

That's a very nice claw btw, the crit multiplier mod on it adds another good chunk of DPS. All the best for Shaper! If you have more than 9.5k ES you should be able to tank Shaper slam with ToH (non-legacy) up, even less if its legacy.

"
law90026 wrote:
So I've been playing the build and it's been fun so far but I know I need to improve my gear a lot more. Any chance you can take a look at it (character is FrostyTemp) and see where the most major improvements can be so I can prioritise spending? Sadly, your build has pushed prices for the gear for this build sky-high!

Thanks!

Ya I've been watching the prices skyrocket (to my dismay as well), hence my no longer trying to upgrade my gear haha.

A few comments about your tree:

1. you should grab the attack speed nodes at ranger start, not projectile nodes. The attack speed nodes will benefit both your melee attack ad the projectile component of Frost Blades in addition to improving your shield charge speed and thus your map clear speed.

2. you should spec out of Aspect of the Panther. Dual-wielding was great for leveling, but now that you're CI, using a shield and are no longer dual-wielding that node won't affect you anymore. Grab precise interruption instead.

With regards to your gear:
1. Swap your claw for a well-rolled touch of anguish. Your current claw only has a base crit of 6% compared to ToA which can hit 8.4%. With the in-built ability to gain frenzy charges that ToA grants, your DPS with ToA will be significantly higher than with your current claw, and it will be a very cheap upgrade.

2. Get a Taste of Hate asap after that. That will be the most impactful upgrade you can get at this point.

3. Look to get jewels with attack speed and crit multi mods on them after getting ToH, and then start speccing into jewel sockets.

Those will be your priorities for now. Other upgrades after that will depend on you priorities:
- If ES, upgrade the chest to Atziri's Splendour (ES Variant)
- If DPS, upgrade the ammy for one with higher flat phys and crit multi

"
XNOTE wrote:
I tried to race Invalesco the *%f£^! out of it, my Chayula run timer: 1:16.. not too shabby I guess.

1:16.. you must literally have been at the edge of the breach with that timing! 'not too shabby' is a complete understatement haha

My managing to get a timer of 1:09 on a Chayula run was already head and shoulders above the next fastest time that I know of, which is about ~1:01 or so, but you've completely wrecked that, well done! I think yours has got to be the record so far, although I would have loved to see a vid of that in action just for proof's sake so that you can lay claim to the record. A timing like that in a temp league likely can only be rivaled by a well-geared signalshot build, although I haven't seen any chayula runs from anyone using that build yet to be certain.

Also, gratz on the drops!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Apr 24, 2017, 11:52:23 AM
fun build, currently level 66. was looking at the transition tree to CI and noticed it will probably take a decent amount of respec points, about how many regrets? also what level would be optimal for switching to CI? thanks!
"
Invalesco wrote:

"
XNOTE wrote:
I tried to race Invalesco the *%f£^! out of it, my Chayula run timer: 1:16.. not too shabby I guess.

1:16.. you must literally have been at the edge of the breach with that timing! 'not too shabby' is a complete understatement haha

My managing to get a timer of 1:09 on a Chayula run was already head and shoulders above the next fastest time that I know of, which is about ~1:01 or so, but you've completely wrecked that, well done! I think yours has got to be the record so far, although I would have loved to see a vid of that in action just for proof's sake so that you can lay claim to the record. A timing like that in a temp league likely can only be rivaled by a well-geared signalshot build, although I haven't seen any chayula runs from anyone using that build yet to be certain.

Also, gratz on the drops!

Thanks! Yeah, I believe it's the way - must record to showoff in that section, but I just got 1 from farms and bought another one to "race" on time just for lols :)

Also check this out:

Managed to kill Uber Atziri (deathless but close at trio), must say wasn't so hard when I used Vaal Trap on phases ^^

http://imgur.com/a/Ktox6
Hello world.
Hiho,

I'm playing with this build on LHC.
I have 8.8k ES with Discipline, can't use 3 auras for now.
Leveling with double ToA was fun but after switching to CI my damage fell down by a lot.
Using the Blue Dream jewel for power charge generation.
What can I change in my equipment/passive tree to gain more dps?
Until I have currency for Taste of Hate, what should I use as 5th flask?
I would greatly appreciate any help!

Equipment:

Passive tree:
"
Ventrule wrote:
Hiho,

I'm playing with this build on LHC.
I have 8.8k ES with Discipline, can't use 3 auras for now.
Leveling with double ToA was fun but after switching to CI my damage fell down by a lot.
Using the Blue Dream jewel for power charge generation.
What can I change in my equipment/passive tree to gain more dps?
Until I have currency for Taste of Hate, what should I use as 5th flask?
I would greatly appreciate any help!

Equipment:

Passive tree:

Eventually you should still grab Charisma on skill tree as 3 auras are huge deal for us.
Since you're HC I'd advise you to grab sexy ES nodes near Scion tree - Foresight and to reach it quicker remove 2 ES nodes near Written in Blood once it makes sense. Also you missed 4 potentially high DPS nodes near Shadow skill tree - Will of Blades, Sleight of Hand and ranger area - Precise Interception that gives ES and dmg.

You should upgrade your belt to ES based (Crystal Belt) so your ES progression will rise up just as well as your amulet (ES flat, ES% is priority in HC) and rare boots with high ES - all of this shouldn't be too expensive to upgrade. Rest stuff like FB 40% enchant, 6l chest will come in time.

5th flask - Lions Roar for "more" damage or defensive - Rumis/well rolled Jade flask. And personally I would switch Quicksilver to Granite Flask as we already reach pack mobs quick with Shield Charge (if not using Lions Roar).
Hello world.
I played this build in hardcore to level 69 as a raider. It's a lot of fun with great damage, but I'm looking for ways to increase the survivability. I died to Kole on merciless when my computer stuttered. Would this build work as a Shadow for some increased survivability?
Hello guys, thanks for the guide and the support from the other PoE members answering questions and issues!
I have a lvl 86 flaskfinder and this is the gear, what can I improve and how can I gain more DPS? Thanks!

THANKS!
"
Invalesco wrote:

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the build! Frost Blades really is an incredible map clearing skill. Agree that claw prices have spiked up tremendously. I reckon you should be able to freeze the T15 bosses with that amount of DPS. You can test it out on the shaper mini bosses - if you can freeze them you can freeze the t15 bosses.

That's a very nice claw btw, the crit multiplier mod on it adds another good chunk of DPS. All the best for Shaper! If you have more than 9.5k ES you should be able to tank Shaper slam with ToH (non-legacy) up, even less if its legacy.

Yeah, I picked up the claw for 39ex, and was considering a 440 pdps claw for a 20k unbuffed DPS increase, but figured a higher crit chance claw would make gearing slightly easier. Good to know about the slam, have 10.448 with HH on, so should be a cakewalk.
"
"
law90026 wrote:
So I've been playing the build and it's been fun so far but I know I need to improve my gear a lot more. Any chance you can take a look at it (character is FrostyTemp) and see where the most major improvements can be so I can prioritise spending? Sadly, your build has pushed prices for the gear for this build sky-high!

Thanks!

Ya I've been watching the prices skyrocket (to my dismay as well), hence my no longer trying to upgrade my gear haha.

A few comments about your tree:

1. you should grab the attack speed nodes at ranger start, not projectile nodes. The attack speed nodes will benefit both your melee attack ad the projectile component of Frost Blades in addition to improving your shield charge speed and thus your map clear speed.

2. you should spec out of Aspect of the Panther. Dual-wielding was great for leveling, but now that you're CI, using a shield and are no longer dual-wielding that node won't affect you anymore. Grab precise interruption instead.

With regards to your gear:
1. Swap your claw for a well-rolled touch of anguish. Your current claw only has a base crit of 6% compared to ToA which can hit 8.4%. With the in-built ability to gain frenzy charges that ToA grants, your DPS with ToA will be significantly higher than with your current claw, and it will be a very cheap upgrade.

2. Get a Taste of Hate asap after that. That will be the most impactful upgrade you can get at this point.

3. Look to get jewels with attack speed and crit multi mods on them after getting ToH, and then start speccing into jewel sockets.

Those will be your priorities for now. Other upgrades after that will depend on you priorities:
- If ES, upgrade the chest to Atziri's Splendour (ES Variant)
- If DPS, upgrade the ammy for one with higher flat phys and crit multi

Wow can't believe I missed out on the skill tree! Thanks for all the advice.
*sold*
Last edited by Springstoff on Apr 25, 2017, 10:53:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info