[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

HI guyz, just read all this thread and i dont understand something.
How people die with this build on maps under 12-13 tier, seriously.
I even switched to VC variant and like destroying all maps under 10 tier, dont even care about map stats, Vulnerability mod is a bit bothersome, but just a bit (get a random stunlock death sometimes), temp chains are pain in the ass, but thats all. And just to mention - its my first time playing poe too.
How can you die? Are you trying to facetank everything in frontlines together with your zombies?
I can die only if im surrounded by huge crowd (like in breach) and get stunlocked/oneshoted, in all other times every mob dies on the peripheral of the screen. Same goes for bosses, just circle around them on the edge of visibility, casting balls of lightning for Eleweakness and equilibrium trigger and resummon minions under flesh offering buff, concentrating on survival all other time. Thats all, its so damn easy to play, I just dont understand how can you die :(
Sorry for being a bit emotional, but I cant read comments about people dying on low maps, or people blaming this build without a huge facepalm.
Last edited by Секторатор on Aug 28, 2017, 8:28:45 PM
Hey there I'm using a more SRS-focused variant of the build but very similar with the baron + going full str (hit 1k at lvl 78) and life-based.

I'm having problems keeping the zombies alive without a Montregul, and tbh I did not fully commit on powering up zombies (i.e. focusing on minion damage > minion life on the tree and items). My question is, do the zombies actually get strong enough when you commit with montregul + more skill points on minion survivability to significantly help SRS clear and not die at the same time? I.e. is it worth sacrificing life/SRS power for the zombies?

I'm just doing low tier maps (t5-10) and the zombies have to be resummoned every few minutes (6k hp).

tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAPuBAcEswUtDeIOPBEtFCAUcRUnFm8XLxiRGjgc3B2-JKonCyj6LJwy0TOHNuk6UjpYPC1AoEGHRUdIjkyzUEdVxlXWWfNakV4TXz9hUmTnZlRmnmebaGVo8mpDaqxr23IPcql2rHrvfIOApIIHgseDX4O2g8yD24ZghtGMsY6-jxqQVZLBlG-YrZuKogCofayqrY2uPq9stz64k7yfvOq-T8BmxPbGrs9-0B_T-9i92XzfsONq5FHqGOvu7IrvDu9O7-vwH_Pd9zL46_no-tL-Cg==?accountName=fwrento&characterName=fwrento

gear:

Last edited by fwrento on Aug 29, 2017, 1:25:47 AM
"
badw wrote:
I can buy empower 4, do you think it's better than additional accuracy ? (have a 6L covenant)

I don't think so as it is just too expensive, you could rather use the money to buy a united in dream which makes guardians much easier.

"
Zyphrexi wrote:
Can anyone take a look at my character and tell me what i'm missing? I'm seriously squishy right now. taking 1 shots sometimes on t6 bosses

Zyphrexi https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zyphrexi/characters?characterName=Zyphrexi

if i switch to my 4L covenant, it's game over. Haven't been able to 5L or 6L covenant, and it makes things rather difficult. I die enough that it's very difficult to level up, so any advice would be appreciated

I DO have better gloves with 43 fire, 43 cold, and 32 lightning res, but lack the dex to equip.

Your character is hidden so I can't see, all you need for yellow maps is a 4-L covenant and a mon'tregul's, the rest can be rares with high life and resistance. Make sure you have enough life and are res capped and watch the map mods(ele weakness, ele equilibrium etc)

"
Redvex wrote:
The weak point of this build is bosses. Zommbie dies quicly

Yep but using a united in dream and getting resistance and life for minions on jewels make guardians farmable.

"
DirtyVadi wrote:
Hi.
How can you have additional mod crafted on gloves when you have already 6? I have exactly same mods affixes on same gloves like yours and I don't have option to add minion dmg.

%Increased armour/Stun and Block Recovery is actually one mod on those gloves. Just grab any gloves with double res and strength with an open prefix to craft minion damage(this is a final upgrade and can be quite expensive).

"
vylettes wrote:
I would like to thank you for posting this. This is my first time trying POE, so my husband showed me this post and I followed it almost to the T. My only issue is i like having a million health potions because i dont like my zombies to die (they rarely die unless i get a 30% physical reflect mod), keeping pets alive is a hard habit to break from other games.. lol

I can do all of the labs and baby atrazi, haven't tried the other content yet. I have little problem with maps of all levels, mostly I only die if i dont move out of the way of something nasty.

If you just stay behind your tank wall of zombies, everything usually works out ok.

This build really got me introduced and loving to play POE in a very painless way. Very easy to manage for a first timer. The baron was f-ing expensive, but it gave me a goal.

MY question is i have an empower lvl2 gem. I am trying it out with my SRS. Should i be using this in my SRS 6L or what 6 skills are the best? I see the original build had the accuracy gem in there as the 6th gem.

I am glad you are enjoying the build, a future goal could be a united in dream sword and replace that with your shield, this gives your zombies life leech when your minions poison an enemy. This keeps them alive much longer, also grab minion life and minion resist jewels in place of fragility to further increase their survival. I prefer the add accuracy gem instead of empower because IMO it is just as good at a fraction of the cost(I have personally tested this and I am convinced based off of my opinion and tests).

"
HI guyz, just read all this thread and i dont understand something.
How people die with this build on maps under 12-13 tier, seriously.
I even switched to VC variant and like destroying all maps under 10 tier, dont even care about map stats, Vulnerability mod is a bit bothersome, but just a bit (get a random stunlock death sometimes), temp chains are pain in the ass, but thats all. And just to mention - its my first time playing poe too.
How can you die? Are you trying to facetank everything in frontlines together with your zombies?
I can die only if im surrounded by huge crowd (like in breach) and get stunlocked/oneshoted, in all other times every mob dies on the peripheral of the screen. Same goes for bosses, just circle around them on the edge of visibility, casting balls of lightning for Eleweakness and equilibrium trigger and resummon minions under flesh offering buff, concentrating on survival all other time. Thats all, its so damn easy to play, I just dont understand how can you die :(
Sorry for being a bit emotional, but I cant read comments about people dying on low maps, or people blaming this build without a huge facepalm.

Each person is different, it is the type of game you learn through trial and error. It can get frustrating at times but it is what makes the game fun. The best thing to do is try to help those that are having a difficult time regardless of their attitude or lack of understanding as everyone consumes information differently. The game will be better overall if people were more tolerant to newer players as the game is quite intimidating to people new to the genre and people get quite emotional when they are having a hard time. So if I get a message blaming the build or a personal attack I try to help them resolve the issue if they are willing, otherwise I just ignore and move on. It is a game after all so it is all about fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Last edited by dupie on Aug 29, 2017, 1:30:48 AM
United in dream is really expensive and poison is not so good anymore.
The base version is more affordable......what do you think about?
Also Mon'tgrul give a lot of life and resistance to zombie
"
Redvex wrote:
United in dream is really expensive and poison is not so good anymore.
The base version is more affordable......what do you think about?
Also Mon'tgrul give a lot of life and resistance to zombie

United in dream is just for making end game bosses easier as you use it for the life leech for zombies, it replaces the shield slot and you still use mon'tregul's. We don't use it for the poison and only for the minion dmg + leech. The severed in sleep is not worth using at all.
Forst of all, thanks for this guide, it's great!
I'm following your build and i'm here to ask you if the shield you suggest is a must have.
There are a lot of uniques and is difficult for me to cup the res...Don't you think will be ok a shield with high resistances?
"
Wyvpank7 wrote:
Forst of all, thanks for this guide, it's great!
I'm following your build and i'm here to ask you if the shield you suggest is a must have.
There are a lot of uniques and is difficult for me to cup the res...Don't you think will be ok a shield with high resistances?

Yes, you use rares until you have enough res on your rings etc to use all of the uniques. Just use rare gear with life, strength, res until you start replacing each.
elemental damage with attack and add fire damage

which better ?
"
SUMBUEYz wrote:
elemental damage with attack and add fire damage

which better ?

elemental damage with attacks
Just bougt united in dream (470c -_-), for the fragility do u suggest unique one or 2 rares ?

Btw is envy better than hatred ? or must I still use hatred ?
Last edited by badw on Aug 29, 2017, 6:31:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info