[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

What would i trade off if i want to go for the extra zombie on the right of the beginning of the witch passives ( node is called Grave Intentions) is it worth it?
"
What would i trade off if i want to go for the extra zombie on the right of the beginning of the witch passives ( node is called Grave Intentions) is it worth it?

Not worth it at all, with 900 strength you have 5 zombies with a mon'teguls, and with that node you would still have 5 so it is a wasted 6 points. Even at lower levels and while gearing, 6 points for 1 extra zombie and some minion life is too big of an investment.
Last edited by dupie on Aug 8, 2017, 8:13:31 PM
"
leopard2lx wrote:
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but my SRS damage is terrible. And they are so painful and slow to cast. Tooltip DPS is 409.
I don't have all the items required yet but even in a tier 1 map they are completely useless
Zombies are doing fine. My character should be visible if anyone wants to take a look.

You dont need any items, just Flelsh Offering + Mistress of Sacrifice + Spirit Eater + Haste.

Flash Offering with Mistress of Sacrifice give you 25-30% of speed and cast speed
Spirit Eater - +2% cast speed for each corpse, its about 10-20% of cast speed
Haste - +15% cast speed

So, if you need speed - just use Flesh Offering on each mob pack, and you will clear maps in 2 min. Dont use Ball Lighting for EE on regular mobs, its is for hard bosses. Tooltip DPS is non-relevant. 75 lvl, no Baron, no Bone Helmet, all gems 17-18 lvl. I think i have about 0,5 million dps.

"

4L:Summon Raging Spirit - Melee Physical Damage - Minion Damage - Elemental Damage with Attacks(Single)/Melee Splash(AoE)

5L:Summon Raging Spirit - Melee Physical Damage - Minion Damage - Elemental Damage with Attacks(Single)/Melee Splash(AoE) - Elemental Focus/Minion Speed

If I have The Baron but only a 5l Covenant. Would SRS be better in the helm as a 4link or chest as a 5link?

From what I understand SRS scales well with levels and baron would provide +2 but Im not sure if it scales well enough to out weigh a 5th support gem.

Really appreciate the time you take to answer these questions. First time SRS and very much enjoying your guide.
Last edited by kingoflimbs on Aug 8, 2017, 10:24:18 PM
Finally got 1k Str but still no Luck with linking the chest, but I like to thank dupie for this nice build.

My gear thus far:
Spoiler

Didn't really cost me much except The Baron which was the most costly at 3 ex by a wide margin.

Not really satisfied with the rings but I wanted to get the res and 1k str quick so I just bought those, will maybe get better ones later.
Last edited by PureRnd on Aug 8, 2017, 11:21:36 PM
"
kingoflimbs wrote:
"

4L:Summon Raging Spirit - Melee Physical Damage - Minion Damage - Elemental Damage with Attacks(Single)/Melee Splash(AoE)

5L:Summon Raging Spirit - Melee Physical Damage - Minion Damage - Elemental Damage with Attacks(Single)/Melee Splash(AoE) - Elemental Focus/Minion Speed

If I have The Baron but only a 5l Covenant. Would SRS be better in the helm as a 4link or chest as a 5link?

From what I understand SRS scales well with levels and baron would provide +2 but Im not sure if it scales well enough to out weigh a 5th support gem.

Really appreciate the time you take to answer these questions. First time SRS and very much enjoying your guide.

4-L in the baron is similar to a 5-L convenant but remember the body gives socketed gems blood magic. Mana will be a problem for casting SRS once you have reserved most of your mana with haste+hatred and it is why I would rather use a 4L covenant over the 4L baron.
Last edited by dupie on Aug 9, 2017, 1:59:32 AM
"
PureRnd wrote:
Finally got 1k Str but still no Luck with linking the chest, but I like to thank dupie for this nice build.

My gear thus far:
Spoiler

Didn't really cost me much except The Baron which was the most costly at 3 ex by a wide margin.

Not really satisfied with the rings but I wanted to get the res and 1k str quick so I just bought those, will maybe get better ones later.

Nice progress, glad you are enjoying the build. Yeah I found the rings to be quite annoying to get the high strength with decent resists + life, but most of the gear is quite easily obtainable :)
So I have started using this build and I am enjoying it so far.
I seem to be at an awkward stage.
I would like to upgrade my gear what would you recommend. Especially weapons.

I am using double wand at the moment but I can completely change out my gear.
In Harbringer so I have less then 20c. So I can afford the 30c+ uniques you listed yet.

I will open up my profile so you can see my current gear etc.

Thanks
Last edited by mojo5110 on Aug 9, 2017, 9:23:00 AM
"
mojo5110 wrote:
So I have started using this build and I am enjoying it so far.
I seem to be at an awkward stage.
I would like to upgrade my gear what would you recommend. Especially weapons.

I am using double wand at the moment but I can completely change out my gear.
In Harbringer so I have less then 20c. So I can afford the 30c+ uniques you listed yet.

I will open up my profile so you can see my current gear etc.

Thanks

You want to get a 4-L covenant as soon as possible, this will allow you to reserve most of your mana with the auras. After that just focus on getting life and resists capped with rare gear and then start upgrading 1 piece at a time when you can afford it. With a 4-L covenant and rare gear with the correct links you will have no problems doing mid tier maps.
When do i stop using spell echo support? New to the game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info