[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
Molochmane wrote:
"
gardian90 wrote:
I'm done with terminus est, damage is too low. Swapping to Kitava's feast and speccing out of melee splash slayer ascendancy.

Too low as in? mob clear or boss fights? or sustainability?

Sustainability for perma-flicker is fine with one or two mana leech nodes. Mob clear is great. Boss fight is trash, not because of sustainability, but because of lack of defenses to cope with major hits which you will inevitably eat because of flickering uncontrollably, if you are using flicker, and which you will definitely eat if you are switching to Viper Strike for a bit. Note that I am not even talking about ONE shots. I am simply talking about major hits. That's why Atziri's Acuity is so crucial: we don't have Vaal Pact, so we desperately need something to help offset big hits right away since we don't have any other major defenses.

We don't do SO MUCH damage that a boss dies right away, so that indirect form of "defense" (even though that's a pretty weak defense), is not available.

Our life leech is okay but not enough (even with brutal fervour) because it isn't supported by the tree, so it just isn't speedy enough. Again, that's why Atziri's Acuity is needed so badly for the insta-leech. Same with evasion --- not supported by the tree. Armour is trash in general, so I don't care about that. 30% dodge due to Phase Acrobatics is not really that significant, since the probability of eating a big shot is still significant (at least around 60%, assuming you have some bonuses from gear), and some bosses have decently high attack speed (e.g. T12 Chateau corrupted bosses).

One reason why mob clear is fine is because it is VERY easy to re-fill flasks; for boss fights, sometimes there are no trash mobs to eat while killing the boss, and you can often run into issues as your life flask runs out.

There is some damage mitigation due to Fortify/Arctic Armour/(sometimes some Pantheon powers), but once you are getting to T12 and stuff, that mitigation isn't enough unless you have a big enough life pool. This is where Kaom's Heart (and Atziri's Acuity) starts to become absolutely crucial. Note that because damage starts to become shit at around T11/T12 bosses, Abyssus becomes very important, and Abyssus makes you take at least 40% extra physical damage, which basically nullifies any bonus from Fortiy/Arctic Armour.

There are builds that can do content all the way up to Shaper on cheaper gear (have a look at some of the Cyclone+Slayer builds in this forum), which can then be optimized even further. It is better to take a build like that, and once you can afford Atziri's Acuity/Kaom's Heart, you can try out something like Terminus Est flicker.
Yeah I'm with SoulTouched on this one. But this build was for sure amazing for a league starter.
I had a Kaom's Heart drop, should I use it or continue to use Daresso's Defiance since I might be lacking life leech now?
Could somebody help me and suggest budget gear? (no more than 10 chaos)
"
pampersas wrote:

this is not going to happen.
you should not cheap out on your Terminus/Oro's (weapon) or you will have major issues with bosses that don't spawn adds

for clearing alone blood rage should be more than enough to keep you going.
otherwise no uniques are "needed" per se. grab a good weapon and standard gear. do chaos recipe and grind out for your weapon. atzirie's promise is very cheap. you can easily grab that flask for 1c

my weapon did cost me just 11c. it is not perfect, but cheap lucky find (sockets and links are crafted by myself)
Spoiler

i used that weapon as soon as i could and leveled with it (some bosses are not fun though because of missing crit chance)

edit:
"
SoulTouched wrote:
There are builds that can do content all the way up to Shaper on cheaper gear (have a look at some of the Cyclone+Slayer builds in this forum), which can then be optimized even further. It is better to take a build like that, and once you can afford Atziri's Acuity/Kaom's Heart, you can try out something like Terminus Est flicker.

i don't have those gloves and can do red maps, sure some bosses are nasty but that is why i run a 4 link warchief totem, which does around 80-100k dps depending on buffs, maybe 60-80k realistically

sure other builds are cheaper AND safer, but they are not Flicker Strike
btw i use a belly and kaom's roots instead. w/o AA and acrobatics i can do the gorge boss... barely.
Last edited by Kobayashi on Aug 28, 2017, 4:42:37 AM
Hello guys, going to share to you my experience on this build
so far i was really budget as possible nothing big i purchase.

Gear
Spoiler

6k hp
22k average in HO thats with HOI Hatred and golem

61k average with 6Frenzy and 3Pcharge and flask

was using tabula until 78,as you see my ring and amulet all together is less than 20c, looted the belly and 6L at my 9th fusing..
the only expensive thing i bought is the abyssus cuz it had the flicker enchant. got kaom roots on the divi card.

i went with hatred cuz i dont like a crit build to not shatter things, id go blasphemy assassins mark if i had TOH.. and HOI just so i could link assassins mark curse on hit.. just to get P charges.

after using the abyssus i felt i get stun more frequently and so i use kaom roots cuz i dont want to stop flickering cuz i got stunned.

i got 36 challenges done already and dont feel to continue the build further..
"
Kobayashi wrote:
"
pampersas wrote:

this is not going to happen.
you should not cheap out on your Terminus/Oro's (weapon) or you will have major issues with bosses that don't spawn adds

for clearing alone blood rage should be more than enough to keep you going.
otherwise no uniques are "needed" per se. grab a good weapon and standard gear. do chaos recipe and grind out for your weapon. atzirie's promise is very cheap. you can easily grab that flask for 1c

my weapon did cost me just 11c. it is not perfect, but cheap lucky find (sockets and links are crafted by myself)
Spoiler

i used that weapon as soon as i could and leveled with it (some bosses are not fun though because of missing crit chance)

edit:
"
SoulTouched wrote:

i don't have those gloves and can do red maps, sure some bosses are nasty but that is why i run a 4 link warchief totem, which does around 80-100k dps depending on buffs, maybe 60-80k realistically

sure other builds are cheaper AND safer, but they are not Flicker Strike
btw i use a belly and kaom's roots instead. w/o AA and acrobatics i can do the gorge boss... barely.

Yeah, I agree with you that it is impossible to get the end game gear for 10c, but is there any kind of budget gear which would help me to farm? I mean with the same budget (10c, weapon excluded). Because as of this time I'm level 70 and I can't even complete T2 maps
Ok , I'm ready to level this build

Last edited by JokeY321 on Aug 28, 2017, 11:01:39 AM
How did you get 6 frenzy charges ?

I have only 5
"
StephenskyS wrote:
How did you get 6 frenzy charges ?

I have only 5

at 2.6 you can get 1 frenzy from bandit reward..

but now you only have 5 unless you use the boots with +1 frenzy or a corrupted boots with +1 like mine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info