[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Yes it is enough, don't forget that you get extra flat crit chance from your assassin's mark
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
what do you think about daresso's salute? it got 70 resist,dex,60% melee damage on full life and movement speed.
It is ... ok , though the complete lack of life is definitely not a desirable trait. And of course the lack of intelligence (which can be problem) is not nice either.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey there,

Realized I had most of the core uniques for this build in SSF, and decided to try it out. Been having a blast, just had a couple questions.

I'm rolling with 5L Daresso, 5L Terminus, Maligaro Gloves, and Abyssus. I feel like my life is pretty bad though (currently only lvl74 ~3600 HP). I was wondering since I was so unique heavy, if it may be worth trying to go the Evasion/DR route to try and compensate for lower total life due to not having as many rare slots available. I have a Starkonja and Kintsugi, and was curious if you thought that would add enough survivability while not sacrificing too much damage due to no Abyssus.

I'm sure it will get better once I hit the last remaining life nodes, but because I'm SSF, I don't have access to good jewels, which made picking up Spirit Void somewhat mandatory (and thus losing 3 more points).

Thanks!

edit: also had a question on how I should use my 2nd 5L. I put some random CWDT setup in there to try and help build frenzy charges when I'm not flickering (BV/BF) but I haven't really been able to tell if it's been worth it. I definitely like it for the ice golem auto-summon, but I could technically throw that in my normal CWDT setup w/ immortal call, and just have blood rage in another slot. Is it worth trying to flesh out a full 5L Ancestral Warchief for bosses? Or should I focus on more utility gems like Vaal Haste/Grace (I'm not a huge fan of having to self-cast a bunch of stuff all the time, but if it's worth it I don't mind doing it).
Last edited by superkegs on Jun 1, 2017, 12:08:57 PM
Well you could use Starkonja but the damage loss will be substantial. Now when it comes to your life (besides being very low level and thus not having quite a few of the life nodes and the flat life that comes from each level) not using a Kaom's Heart is a HUGE hit to your life pool but hey ...you are doing SSF after all. Also i see that your amulet has no life on it and that doesn't help either. Now have you tried running with just a single mana leech node instead of taking Spirit Void? It should be enough.

As for the extra sockets from your chest :

"
KorgothBG wrote:

11. I am not using the Kaom's Heart chest so i have extra 6 sockets. What should i do with them?
There are several options. You could have a 6-linked Ancestral Warchief or a 6-linked Viper strike or Frenzy. You could use a Cast when damage taken + Power charge on critical + Increased Critical strikes + Blade Vortex (or another spell of your choosing) for power charge generation in boss fights. You could use a Golem or Vaal Grace and/or Vaal Haste. Molten shell is also an option and so is a warcry of your choosing. You could use Vengeance linked with some utility support gems or damage increasing ones. Pick one of those options or a combination of them and you are good to go.

As to what is the best option ... i honestly can't say that there is one ... go with whatever feels right for you.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 1, 2017, 12:20:23 PM
why viper stike when you don't have anything scaling for dot? o:
Even without any DoT scaling it is easily the best single target attack for this build.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well you could use Starkonja but the damage loss will be substantial. Now when it comes to your life (besides being very low level and thus not having quite a few of the life nodes and the flat life that comes from each level) not using a Kaom's Heart is a HUGE hit to your life pool but hey ...you are doing SSF after all. Also i see that your amulet has no life on it and that doesn't help either. Now have you tried running with just a single mana leech node instead of taking Spirit Void? It should be enough.

As for the extra sockets from your chest :

"
KorgothBG wrote:

11. I am not using the Kaom's Heart chest so i have extra 6 sockets. What should i do with them?
There are several options. You could have a 6-linked Ancestral Warchief or a 6-linked Viper strike or Frenzy. You could use a Cast when damage taken + Power charge on critical + Increased Critical strikes + Blade Vortex (or another spell of your choosing) for power charge generation in boss fights. You could use a Golem or Vaal Grace and/or Vaal Haste. Molten shell is also an option and so is a warcry of your choosing. You could use Vengeance linked with some utility support gems or damage increasing ones. Pick one of those options or a combination of them and you are good to go.

As to what is the best option ... i honestly can't say that there is one ... go with whatever feels right for you.

Yeah, I tried running with a single node and it I was still getting stuck from time to time. It wasn't every time I flickered but enough to be an annoyance for sure. I'll try re-rolling some jewels and try to get some leech that way.

I'll mess around with the combos for the additional 5L, I don't think its worth keeping viper as it's own 5L since it's uses are more limited, and the rare times I do need it, I can just gem swap for flicker. I guess the CWDT with BV just felt a bit clunky for strictly frenzy gen. I might try it with PCoC to see if it makes it more worth it by generating both frenzy and power charges. I do really like it for the golem summon though.

Yeah my neck is shit, but I need the stats/res (still not capped) and it was the best I could come up with. I'll keep abyssus and probably just swap to Stark for lab. I'll just keep grinding towards those last life nodes and that should grab me a substantial increase in health, but yeah no Kaoms anytime soon.
What's the best non-kaoms heart chest for the build? Does daressos defiance work as well as you said in OP? Also what would be the required gems to link viper strike with?
Last edited by Millennium on Jun 1, 2017, 4:34:25 PM
Daresso's Defiance is definitely very nice. Belly of the Beast is also cool if you want a bit more life (though it can't compare to a Kaom's)

As for Viper Strike - the same as flicker strike really.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info