[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Well, this was the fastest and most fun i've had from a build so far, but decided to move on after i failed to do t16's. Mostly my fault, not the builds.

Last edited by douchefrog on Apr 18, 2017, 9:10:37 AM
@JalananRusak
Personally i never had any real issues with stun/bleeding - of course if you do feel free to pick brutal fervor. The thing is that Impact is essentially an extra socket for your flicker strike, so another option if you really want Brutal fervor is to ditch the Headsman.

@Shaboom
The issue that you are describing (though just by reading about it i really don't have the whole picture but oh well) can be cause by:
a) not enough mana
b) not enough frenzy charges
c) being stunned by the boss
d) desync

Now about Kaom's heart - it gives way more life compared to Belly of Beast - that's it! And the fire damage increase affects the damage from both the added fire damage AND herald of ash.

The build you've linked looks fine to me though it favors damage more than defesnses and this build simply does not lack damage nor does it need more of it in my opinion, so honestly, loosing survivability due to not using AA, not picking up Acro + Phase Acro, having ~40% less increased maximum life and so on are major flaws in my mind. Brutal fervor is a perfectly fine passive, if you have issues with stuns or if you fear that you'll have issues with stuns go for it.

@douchefrog
I'm glad that you've enjoyed the build!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 18, 2017, 11:22:14 AM
Can I know how you're able to have constant 80% crit chance? And also, how much crit chance do you have without power charges?

Only asking this because there have been a few times where I stopped midway through flicker striking a bunch of mobs because I haven't been able to maintain my frenzy charges.

Also, maybe you could see what's wrong (if there is anything wrong) with my current gear/setup? (P.S. New player, started beginning of April and I'm not financially able enough in the game to purchase stuff that's too expensive)
Last edited by Vandios on Apr 18, 2017, 12:22:12 PM
Well you need to set your profile to public so i can see your characters.

The crit chance without 3 power charges is 77% (or around that number).

As to how i get the crit chance that i have ... everything is in the thread mate - my gear, my tree, everything.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well you need to set your profile to public so i can see your characters.

The crit chance without 3 power charges is 77% (or around that number).

As to how i get the crit chance that i have ... everything is in the thread mate - my gear, my tree, everything.

Whoops sorry bout that, it's set to public now. My crit chance without power charges (in my hideout and with no buffs or anything) is around 45%, so maybe it's something to do with my gear?

I followed another flicker strike guide before and it didn't work out well (because of the inability to maintain frenzy charges) so that's why I'm a little skeptical as to why I'm not able to take care of some mobs in my current state.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Ok well you've literally skipped the first rule of the build - get a Terminus Est with perfect or close to perfect crit chance roll. You see the base crit cahnce of your weapon is what you other crit chance sources will multiply. The difference is Huge. Furthermore you don't use ANY of the recommended gloves which give plenty of crit chance. And of course the complete lack of crit chance on ANY of your gear pieces doesn't help either. I can understand you being skeptical ... but hey .. there are plenty of videos, screenshots and comets here that i think it's obvious that Terminus Est flicker build works.

Also another important point! CAST BLOOD RAGE MANUALLY ! Please , oh please don't rely on CWDT to cast it for you ... otherwise lacking frenzy charges is absolutely inevitable!
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 18, 2017, 12:43:35 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Ok well you've literally skipped the first rule of the build - get a Terminus Est with perfect or close to perfect crit chance roll. You see the base crit cahnce of your weapon is what you other crit chance sources will multiply. The difference is Huge. Furthermore you don't use ANY of the recommended gloves which give plenty of crit chance. And of course the complete lack of crit chance on ANY of your gear pieces doesn't help either. I can understand you being skeptical ... but hey .. there are plenty of videos, screenshots and comets here that i think it's obvious that Terminus Est flicker build works.

Also another important point! CAST BLOOD RAGE MANUALLY ! Please , oh please don't rely on CWDT to cast it for you ... otherwise lacking frenzy charges is absolutely inevitable!

Alright, so to summarize:
- Get a 75% crit chance terminus est (5L if possible)
- Get either one of the recommended gloves you have shown in your guide for better crit chance
- Cast blood rage manually to maintain frenzy charges better

I appreciate the straightforward reply but there's one more problem I have that's been on my mind for some time. It's not that I'm deliberately avoiding critical strike mods or physical damage ones, it's just that I'm trying to cap my resistances before I go for damage-oriented gear because I find it impossible to cap my resists with gear like kaom's heart and the abyssus burgonet as they don't give any resistance.

May I know what you would do to combat this situation? Thanks again!
"
KorgothBG wrote:

@Shaboom
The issue that you are describing (though just by reading about it i really don't have the whole picture but oh well) can be cause by:
a) not enough mana
b) not enough frenzy charges
c) being stunned by the boss
d) desync

I'm trying to isolate variables here but it's tough. I think I'm somehow running out of Frenzy charges, but I can't for the life of me figure out how or why. I'm using a diamond flask and always have Blood Rage up. Any ideas? Did I leave out something key? I did the math and with the diamond flask up my crit chance should be around 85%.
Last edited by Shaboom on Apr 19, 2017, 2:31:32 AM
@Shaboom
Well as the guide states - don't start boss fights with 0 frenzy charges or you're gonna have a bad time. A god example is the featured video:
Uul Netol's Doimain (featuring engaging a boss with no frenzy charges):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuczZcCldqk&feature=youtu.be

@Vandios
Well like i've explained in the guide - don't be afraid to pick up resists passives in your tree when you need them, after all you can always refund them later! Also i know that it's something that many people don't do - but i almost always pick the reward from Kraytin in normal.
hey man , great guide !
my friend have been following this guide extensively and achieved really high DPS around 1.4kk with flask and charges. And i wanted to know the limit of this build that can achieve (like bosses or guardians) without gemswaps, as he never touched guardians at all, only farming t13-14 most of the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info