[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8vqrrnbBc - Chimera Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NubaX5HpJwQ - Hydra Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_f7Lz-klY&t=2s - Minotaur Kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikyVyX78Ucw - Phoenix Kill

These fights were my learning process through the guardian fights. I did this w/out Acro and w/out Abyssus. I'll be doing these again with the changes to see the differences. I wanted to do a Shaper Run today but I just do not have the time until tomorrow. I'm nervous that my dps will not be high enough for Shaper w/out the Abyssus. We will see haha. Just hoped if anyone wanted to see these videos and pick up tips and such on how I changed strats and such to tackle each boss. I believe all of these bosses can be taken down deathless and I can provide more videos later w/ deathless runs. This again was just a learning experience for me.
@Fetus
Interesting question. I can tell you what i do. First of all i must mention that i never flip currency and items - never, it seems that flipping is the best way to amass currency but simply cannot stomach it. So besides random currency drops ( this league i had a very good luck and had a few exalt drops, though no good item drops ), i do something that every streamer and "mlg pro player" will tell you NOT to do - i do unID chaos recipes. Literally half of the currency for my gear was made by unID chaos recipes. The whole notion of "Uh, chaos unID recipe takes so much time and slows you down so much, uh, it's garbage don't bother..." seems like a sheer stupidity to me... how much time does it really take to pick up the rare loot from the boss (if the loot is more than an inventory just leave the excess rares) and dump it to a stash tab and to just be on the look for rings and amulets? Not doing unID chaos recipe... ridiculous ... especially in the first 2 weeks of a league where the chaos has a huge value... I don't know ... i might be the stupid one...
Other than that - don't waste currency unless its 100% necessary, don't do content that will bring you less currency 99% compared to the option of just selling its entry items (sac. sets, shaper fragments, uber lab offerings, unless you know that you can easily handle the uber lab). Sell your T16 maps - 95% of the time you won't get from them the 20c+ that you can sell them for, and please, PLEASE sell your reliquary keys ... 50c ... for a gamble that you'll loose, when you need currency for a specific item ... don't do it, just don't.

@Vashseden
Gratz on the kills, and yes i am absolutely certain that they can be done deathless. What were the mods of the maps btw? Anything scary?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thanks. Yeah, since those videos, I took some points out of my life pool and put them into the Indomitable passive, bought an abyssus, and had to lose a tiny bit of dps to adjust to a ring w/ more cold res for the time being. I then tried the minotaur and hydra again with only 1 death on mino and deathless on hydra.

As far the map mods in the vid, the chimera one has a ton of monster buffing rolls for chimera adds and I used the Onslaught leaguestone for all the guardians for added FML moments.
So, I just did my 1st Shaper attempt.

Notes so far: Well flicker strike seemed fucked it you want to fight him the "normal" way and attack him while he is channeling. That doesn't work at all. You will always be "in front" of his beam no matter what and life steal will not save you at all. I did notice that during the multiple void ball attack, you can sit on his face for a good bit. Dunno if luck or not but never seemed to register damage on me when I tried. When he claws at you, flask ftw. I got to his 2nd phase and then the just lack of downtime with dps started to bug me so I switched to Viper Strike and finished the fight. I will try again later.
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that you've beaten the Shaper which proves that it is totally doable with a Terminus Est flicker strike. Sure switching to a different attack during the actual fight might be necessary but personally i don't see this as something bad ( after all this is already a must for Atziri )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hello,
In your leveling guide you say we can equip Edge of Madness at level 22.
Doing so, Sunder is no more available, and Ice crash not before lvl 28.
What's your advice for attack using between 22 and 28 ??
Thank you.
Indeed i've forgot to mention that you'll want to use Lacerate between level 22 and level 28 (if you don't mind the color change since lacerate is green while sunder is a red gem) or Static Static strike. I'll add that info when i'm back home.
Im lvl 51 now so im just started used flicker strike with Terminus Est. But its not possible to clear any map with that. After 3 attacks i need to wait because im lacking of frenz charges. Im only 10% for crit.
Now if you follow this it is literally impossible to have 10% critical strike chance at level 51. A not so well rolled Terminus est and a level 10 Increased Critical strikes support gem alone give you a 10% base critical strike chance. Now add to that the 74% inc. crit chance from the support gem, another 205% inc. crit chance from the tree that you'll have at level 51, and of course another 150% from 3 power charges generated via the Assassin's Mark + Blasphemy for a total of 53% chance to deal critical strikes. And all that without having ANY critical strike chance from your gear (diamond rings, Maligaro's Virtuosity/ Shadows and Dust and so on) and without factoring the extra crit chance from assassin's mark (extra 8% at that level).

And of course let's not forget that when it comes to sustaining your frenzy charges Blood Rage plays a huge role.

So i'd strongly suggest to read the guide carefully (again ... if you already did).
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 26, 2017, 3:04:59 PM
Hello, loving the build so far, first time in a league that I've gotten to red maps and it's a breeze! It's also my first 6-link after 1040 hours of gameplay! I was wondering how you would sustain power charges while doing the harder bosses(Atziri, Guardians, Shaper), and also would you recommend viper strike as the go-to replacement for boss killing, as I've seen in your Atziri video? Also what do you think about putting inspired learning at the right hand side of the tree, moving Eagle Eye's points into Acuity. Toward the last few points of the tree, would getting Eagle Eye or Deadly Dilettante be better overall?

First uber lab gave me the best helm enchant. This is definitely my best league yet!
Last edited by 12naruto on Mar 27, 2017, 1:27:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info