[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Hi here,

If i'm interested to make this build for the next league, what should i do ?
Will i need to choose another build if i want to play with Ancrestral Call ?

I haven't all the knowledge for making my own build and i wanted for this league to go for the High-End content knowing that i only do melee build.

Thanks for you build anyway,
best regards :)
With the skill tree changes I imagine we can pick up Vaal Pact for 1 point to get better leech. We will loose about 300 life regen.

but the new "Double life leech per second" would be great with our slayer nodes.

Also ancestral call will be major for clearing. I am yet to know what gem to swap it out for.
Well that's the thing about ancestral call it helps with something that a terminus flicker build is already good at and don't need further improvements while also does the exactly opposite thing for what the build actually struggles with (high end boss fights.) and that's without even counting the fact that you'll need to lose even more damage by removing a damage related support gem (most likely damage on full life, fortify is also an option but your survivability will suffer greatly). So honestly i'm not sure how good in practice ancestral call will be with this build. Swapping it out in boss fights is of course always an option if you are into that kind of thing.

About Vaal Pact - yes i've been thinking about it though my only concern is that the lack of regen makes blood rage a huge pain in the ass when your overleeching effect expires. But it could very well be an excellent option for the build, that remains to be tested and determined though.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"

Thing is that I tried the assassin and trickster versions and they really needed instant life to live.

Assassin version was okay due to his ability to generate his own power charges which allowed him to crit for ever on even a single target generating more frenzy charges, you'll need to invest in a bit of mana leech gear or jewels.

Trickster version was good as well for map clearing, but couldn't sustain frenzy charges at all on boss fights. This version also died more often if he didn't have enough power charges to reliably crit.

I am guessing slayer will have same issues to sustain power and frenzy charges on boss fights, but like the other flicker strike builds will have good map clearing abilities.
Last edited by bgi123 on Dec 9, 2017, 9:06:29 PM
What's your opinion on a Physical Doryani's Invitation in belt slot?
when finish your 3.1 version flicker strike guide ? i'm waiting your guide :p

and how do you think about ancestral call?
Is it worth running Bronn's Lithe on this build? I cant see it mentioned anywhere and I wondered why? And are there any Elder/Shaper affixes that you think are particularly good with the Terminus?
I tried out some ancestral call and, while it really cleans up faster, the single target DPS went downhill...

I hope you can find a way to fully utilize the new skills/items in this league to make this build even more fun to play with :D
Is this still good build after acuity nerf?
so does the new vaal pact hurt this build or not really?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info