Disgusting Porcupine Goliath

Dude you neither are reading anymore now ?

"You can't mean volatiles are fair for melee? A high tier volatile can do 9k dmg, and thats without any mods from map or mob. Nice balance there champ"
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 12, 2017, 1:45:55 PM
i don't die if i pop a granite flask before attacking them.
Think I just found a solution for the turkeys. CwDT+FlameDash. Say if I pop a group of those turkeys and a trillon spikes fly right towards my face. The first spike that hits me will trigger the CwDT, teleporting me towards the epicenter. Basically this will allow me to avoid all other spikes like Fourth Hokage. Pretty sick.
Last edited by Lesthiria on Mar 13, 2017, 12:41:40 AM
"
Lesthiria wrote:
Think I just found a solution for the turkeys. CwDT+FlameDash. Say if I pop a group of those turkeys and a trillon spikes fly right towards my face. The first spike that hits me will trigger the CwDT, teleporting me towards the epicenter. Basically this will allow me to avoid all other spikes like Fourth Hokage. Pretty sick.

Eh I'd never let the game decide my movement for me. Better hope you don't teleport into something worse.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Lesthiria wrote:

Eh I'd never let the game decide my movement for me. Better hope you don't teleport into something worse.

Ahhh, The Oculus...fucking loved that item.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Lesthiria wrote:
And as far as I know Immortal Call doesnt do shit against multiple spikes flying toward your face at the same time.

Not much personal experience with it but it supposedly works. I am unaware of the "snapshotting bug" affecting projectiles. You got a source for that?
It isn't about projectile, it is about any long-animation-time (melee)attacks - your defences are calculated at the time of attack start, not when it actually hits you. Was confirmed for devourers and Voll, idk about projectiles though.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
It isn't about projectile, it is about any long-animation-time (melee)attacks - your defences are calculated at the time of attack start, not when it actually hits you. Was confirmed for devourers and Voll, idk about projectiles though.

Sesiously ?
GGG always put the emphasis on how the system is more complex than diablo and how projectiles can miss, be evaded and everything.
So it would be very surprising if the calculation happened at the beginning of the animation, really.

I'd be very interested in seeing a source about this.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 13, 2017, 1:11:22 PM
"
Lesthiria wrote:
got about 4500 unbuffed evasion. but like dodge, its a hit or miss game. And as far as I know Immortal Call doesnt do shit against multiple spikes flying toward your face at the same time. From what I read, damage cannot be negated or mitigated once the animation or something is completed (sorry im not a rocket scientist). I did test it out myself, and no it did nothing to save my ass from the wrath of the turkeys. And yea sure I know that LOS trick. I mean who doesnt? The thing is not all maps are filled with covers. What about the freaking stronkbox? Stronkbox open, turkeys out, AoE attack pressed with much regret, instagibbed.

I just don't see the reason in putting so much effort just to deal with a normal-type monster. They are a pain in the ass to deal with. I strongly suggest a delay similar to the fire/ice/lightning bearers. Make it a physical bearer with a decent range. At least give the players a chance to run like a pussy.

So you want to faceroll every single type of monster with your build, and have no weaknesses?
This sounds... dull as fuck? What is the point of playing a game when nothing can fight back?

Every build has various weaknesses. This is yours. Learn to deal with it, or fix it somehow (Pyre, Abysal Cry, whatever). I would call it a bad design if there was no way to deal with it, but quite frankly there are many of those.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I used to play an evasion ranger some leagues back, and never had any trouble with those mobs. Typically, on a ranger, you have access to high movement speed and long range (even shoot off screen, if you want to). So simple strategy to not die to these mobs:

1) create distance between mobs and yourself
2) kill them

If 1) is not possible because the map you're in has tight corners and doesn't allow you to kill from a distance, then you've found a map that counters your build. Skip it and play a different map.
"
Fruz wrote:

Not completely sure about the why, but I have jumped many times into a pack of porcupines ( in the middle, you could not be more melee ), and killed most of them in a second and ...... 0 damage taken from spikes.

It's because the hit calculation at very close range is totally wonky. I played blady flurry last league and if I was right on top of monsters I would not hit them at all. Same when using a bow at really close range: You just miss.
Guess the calc cannot deal with the angles at 0 distance. Yet another reason not to play true melee :)
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info