Flicker strike bug

Flicker strike doesn't work while char is moving.
Duelist/hardcore mode
It will if you hold the key down, but not very well - This is a known result of how we do our control scheme, and we'll probably improve it when we get the chance!
Balance & Design
I've been finding that Flicker Strike currently seems to sometimes do multiple teleports and will swing in the wrong direction when landing occasionally.

Like if there is a large group it doesn't seem to know immediately where it wants to go before going there.

Thus making the screen hop a couple times, and slowing down the overall animation, and making keeping a target on say a single monster very difficult.
Last edited by Neokolzia on Apr 16, 2012, 8:13:57 AM
"
Neokolzia wrote:
I've been finding that Flicker Strike currently seems to sometimes do multiple teleports and will swing in the wrong direction when landing occasionally.

Like if there is a large group it doesn't seem to know immediately where it wants to go before going there.

Thus making the screen hop a couple times, and slowing down the overall animation, and making keeping a target on say a single monster very difficult.

This is very likely a result of some sync problems, and hopefully we'll see it fixed in future!
Balance & Design
I think I just encountered a bug while zoomed in. So far Flicker Strike has worked great. When I attempt to use it zoomed in all the way the view very quickly zooms way out and I can't see anything until I MW back and zoom out.
Anyone else?
"
Rory wrote:
"
Neokolzia wrote:

This is very likely a result of some sync problems, and hopefully we'll see it fixed in future!

Happens to me as well, but noticed it happens mostly when fighting mutiple mobs, maybe its the randomizing that fails?
Yum! Yum!
why the hell is flicker strike targetting random when you haven't specifically targetted something anyway?

it tastes like extremely cheap cheese.
I've been testing Flicker Strike for couple of days now. I can confirm that it feels completely unreliable, especially when the character is moving.

Unlike Whirling Blades, for instance, the character will finish its current path and then will flash to whatever enemy was chosen in the middle of the action. That is of course if that foe is still in range of Flicker Strike. Otherwise either nothing happens or random closer target is used.

Holding the key as mentioned does not resolve the problem. It seems it makes it worse.

Best results so far is to make character stop and then use Flicker Strike. With the highly dynamic environment and a fragile toon like Shadow this is going to be very difficult.

Any opinion about solution to this problem?

I also agree it should not be a random target ever. It can put you in a very bad spot without any escape.
"
Yesaul wrote:

I also agree it should not be a random target ever.

I disagree.

This skill is clearly meant to be used with Frenzy charges.

You hold down the button, and you will continue attacking with Flicker Strike until you're out of charges.

If your current target dies, it moves on to another target for you.

There's no way to do this unless it randomly chooses the next mob.

Just pressing the button once on a target closes the distance (opener)... nothing random here.

Holding the button down, it works great like this for killing off the last few trash mobs of a pack (closing finisher).

If somehow you end up where you don't want to be, then whirlwind away. If you don't have whirlwind, then you can't complain about lack of mobility. ;)

The only problem I've noticed with this skill is that it can whiff when its target is moving -- causing it to miss when it otherwise wouldn't have. This may be caused by hitboxes being on the small side, though.
Last edited by Daemonjax on Aug 6, 2012, 1:28:15 PM
Unavailable

It says right there on the gem that it targets randomly if no monster is picked and it is obviously made that way for to expend frenzy charges. I used it alot and works fine to me. just make sure your cursor is over a monster when you want to hit that specific monster. Usually I just hold normal attack left click on the monster to keep it 'locked on' and then use Flicker strike to always hit that monster.
"God does not conform to your imagination"
- Me
"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
- The Lord (John 14:6)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info