[2.6] Ben's Ranged AutoSummoner (BUDGET, MoM, guardian/shaper viable, projectqtup viable)

"
Hi, I am thinking about trying out this build but am using SRS.

Is it possible for SRS to proc jorrhast's effect? If so, would a poison gem need to be placed in my SRS slot?

Also, is the poison gem mandatory? IS that the only way to get jorrhast's effect to work?

Yes, yes and yes. You can check the page 19, or my char MakeLegacyGreatAgain. Doing yellow map with no pb and bad gear (1 tabula and some 1 alch/chaos worth rares).

Zombies tanks, SRS clear the map and Jorrhast's AW take care of bosses/breachs that can be hard with only SRS.
I only die time to time by out of screen shit (beyond or perandus can pop really stupid rares, only high ES or multi-layered defenses can protect you from them I think...).
I checked pg 19 but didn't see any video you mentioned.

So the advantage of using SRS vs animate weapon is that you don't need weapons to get the ball rolling correct?

However based on looking @ your character, I need a 3 green socket jorrhast to pull it off?

GMP, void manipulation, poison?

Well, I have a jorrhast with 2 greens, so 1 would have to be poison, and between GMP and void manipulation, I guess void manipulation would be more important since it benefits the melee weapons as well? But that seems really clunky for clear speed. IDK.

Would it be worth it for me to try to reroll the colors with chromatics ?
There is no video, but people are talking about SRS based build in this page and the ones around. I used that as a base for my char.

I do not have 3green jorrhast, mine is only 3R 1G 2B so I don't have GMP nor void manipulation. The autocast of jorrhast target melee weapon most of the time (maybe because melee drop a lot more than ranged?) so I just used the melee setup of the OP. I did not find worth to spam chroms to get void manipulation or GMP, because you also loose good red supports. Maybe I'm wrong. I only replaced minion speed with chaos damage because my melee AW is not here to clear (my SRS with minion speed does that), it is here to kill boss and tanky rares.

The original build probably have a better clear speed with the ranged specialized AW setup, but it is tedious to start (you need to have ranged weapon on you) - and now even to maintain since the jorrhast change.

This SRS variant is easier to start and maintain as you just have to cast SRS, at the cost of cruiser speed clearing. It does not feel clunky to me, most of builds need more attention to a less effective and more dangerous cleaning in my opinion.
"
bejarid wrote:
There is no video, but people are talking about SRS based build in this page and the ones around. I used that as a base for my char.

I do not have 3green jorrhast, mine is only 3R 1G 2B so I don't have GMP nor void manipulation. The autocast of jorrhast target melee weapon most of the time (maybe because melee drop a lot more than ranged?) so I just used the melee setup of the OP. I did not find worth to spam chroms to get void manipulation or GMP, because you also loose good red supports. Maybe I'm wrong. I only replaced minion speed with chaos damage because my melee AW is not here to clear (my SRS with minion speed does that), it is here to kill boss and tanky rares.

The original build probably have a better clear speed with the ranged specialized AW setup, but it is tedious to start (you need to have ranged weapon on you) - and now even to maintain since the jorrhast change.

This SRS variant is easier to start and maintain as you just have to cast SRS, at the cost of cruiser speed clearing. It does not feel clunky to me, most of builds need more attention to a less effective and more dangerous cleaning in my opinion.

If you're going to not put GMP in the build, why bother with putting the spirit guards jewel in? Wouldn't it be better if you never animated ranged weapons alltogether?
"
ironstove wrote:
If you're going to not put GMP in the build, why bother with putting the spirit guards jewel in? Wouldn't it be better if you never animated ranged weapons alltogether?

GMP don't help much at long range, and ranged AW fire at max range all the time so only the frontal projectile hit the pack most of the time, other projectiles go too much on left and right and hit nothing.

But even with only one projectile they still use 4 supports, that plus their range they still are better than melee for me. And they don't really replace the melee ones as they don't count for the 50 limit of melee AW so with a good breach/shrine the density will get you 66/66.
Last edited by bejarid on Apr 7, 2017, 5:27:52 PM
"
bendoverxnao wrote:
"
MrProtoX wrote:
Hello I respecd my srs necro summoner to your build and bought some items and im running into some problems.

Can someone check out my character PortosinoDPSino and tell me what am I doing wrong please?

Btw do the wands you animate dissapear after some time? Same with melee auto cast weapons?

Hard to help without knowing exactly the problems you are having. You missed a duration cluster under scion that you can grab if you have problems sustaining the uptime for weapons.

Yes they both disappear over time. With all the duration nodes + helm enchant + belt + increased duration you get can make them last for 2 minutes.

I have the equipment you mention, and the skill duration nodes, but my weapons only have 79.28 secs, it stays away from the 2 minutes you mention. I have a 172% multiplier to the skill duration.
"
bejarid wrote:
"
ironstove wrote:

GMP don't help much at long range, and ranged AW fire at max range all the time so only the frontal projectile hit the pack most of the time, other projectiles go too much on left and right and hit nothing.

But even with only one projectile they still use 4 supports, that plus their range they still are better than melee for me. And they don't really replace the melee ones as they don't count for the 50 limit of melee AW so with a good breach/shrine the density will get you 66/66.

I see, that makes sense.

So for my jorrhast, it is 3 red, 2 green, and 1 blue.

Is it worth it to place chaos + void manipulation into it? Then I would be giving up the blue node and unable to use minion damage, but that seems worth it?

The problem I have is the 3 reds, they don't fit in well with the range weapons. 1 goes for increased duration, but the other 2 have no place in the build.

Any ideas on what I could use? Right now I use multi-strike and melee splash
Will the poacher's aim jewel help ranged minions with the pierce and damage effect?

Also would getting the 'dirty techniques' passive node help with the poison damage that minions do?

I'm finding that my animate weapons only last about 70-80 seconds which causes wands to expire before chaining in new ones and stops the snowball. I figure increasing the length of the wands would help with this and I see this path also has a skill duration and increased DOT node, if it works with the poison gem in jorrhast/range AW then I think it might be worth skilling into.

I also see the 'entrophy' nodes increase DOT so if it works with poison, it would make jorrhast's proc more consistent, however I'm not sure where the skill points would have to come from. They are located conveniently close enough that a 10-15 point allocation from a few other areas might make it worthwhile if someone can confirm for me that the effects would work on minion poison.

edit: eh, nvm read more on aw and looks like it won't work...

Is 80s AW the basic length we can expect the weapons to last? As in, no chance of pushing it to 120-150 seconds without some huge trade off in damage?
Last edited by ironstove on Apr 8, 2017, 9:30:21 PM
Really appreciated your guide.

Made me try my first "summoner's" build at all since I've started to play poe.

Came to the conclusion it just feels 'meh' for me since I feel like I'm always hunting for the next ranged weapon to resummon instead of the item hunt I'm normally playing that game for.

Over all its a nice build if you are not looking for a brain-off build.

Best regards.
Would someone tell me what I am doing wrong here, please?

1) Tested and I don't get "kill procs" on jorrhast's from animated weapons' kills.

2) On the other hand, I get "kill procs" from killing manually (tested with some weapons on the ground and they got animated by the mace).

Am I missing anything? Did something change? Some kind of nerf or something?

Thanks you all!

[EDIT] I got the information that chaos and poison damage are the ones that proc jorr. So i need to have both really high level for it to work, right? Would that be the answer?
Last edited by lleolopes on Apr 9, 2017, 12:32:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info