[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

Is there any viable 6-link alternate chest piece for this build?

Sidefx06's comments in the opening post that the Belly Of The Beast is a "good, relatively cheap armour" but it's priced at a whopping 5ex - 7ex for a 6-link version of it and there's been about 4 or 5 for sale on POE.trade at any given time for the last two weeks now.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:

Sidefx06's comments in the opening post that the Belly Of The Beast is a "good, relatively cheap armour" but it's priced at a whopping 5ex - 7ex for a 6-link version of it and there's been about 4 or 5 for sale on POE.trade at any given time for the last two weeks now.

There are quite a few 6l Bellys for under 5ex right now, not sure what you're talking about. If you're going to buy a 6l uni chest that isn't a tab/skin, you're gonna be paying over 3ex no matter what basically. Either find a good rare chest or link something yourself.
"
Songweaver wrote:

How much life are we looking at, at about lv85-90, aproximately?

At level 85, around 5-5.2k life max (ik lol), around 5.4k with kaom's roots. I recommend kaom's roots with a frenzy charge corruption btw, they are super good now with stun immunity, immune to freeze/chill/tempchains, and a huge ~180+ life roll. Super nice if you're willing to sacrifice some sockets.

Stun immunity = none stop leech! =D (if you don't get 1hko'ed hehe)

Insane rings @SongWeaver

I personally only use Cold Pen gems on big Resist maps.. or "can't chill", the rest is Hypothermia

PS. just gave up on 6Ling my Belly -.-' gamble is a hard game haha (even worse when your friend 6Linked 2 armours with like 100f- haha)
"
Fire309 wrote:

At level 85, around 5-5.2k life max (ik lol), around 5.4k with kaom's roots. I recommend kaom's roots with a frenzy charge corruption btw, they are super good now with stun immunity, immune to freeze/chill/tempchains, and a huge ~180+ life roll. Super nice if you're willing to sacrifice some sockets.

Hmmm...5k with good gear..sounds risky, but considering that I plan on using this character just for speed map clear, aka shaped strands and shaped shores, might manage it.
Regarding the Kaom's Roots, I have no idea what sockets would I sacrifice...I use frost bomb for bosses, it helps with single target, vaal grace I feel is mandatory to keep nearly constant uptime due to low end life, vaal haste nearly constant uptime helps a lot with clear speed..not sure if I'd sacrifice warchief either, it helps quite a bit..and orb of storms serves well for putting down assassin's mark on map bosses..
As for stun, I did spec into Heart of Oak and I plan on enchanting the stun avoidance on boots, which should theoretically deny the stun during speed mapping..
For status ailments immunity I rely on phasing (raider), but that temp chains immunity sounds juicy, would keep me from reroling the maps (as I always reroll the temp chains on map).
While that proposal is rather nice, I really see no way to incorporate Kaom's Roots in the build in it's current state..

"
DarqKiller wrote:

I personally only use Cold Pen gems on big Resist maps.. or "can't chill", the rest is Hypothermia

That's a rather good option, and I planned on running Hypo in CI setup, if I decide to go that route later on.
Last edited by Songweaver on May 15, 2017, 6:29:20 AM
You can get a 6 link in hardcore legacy anyways for under 30c. You just need to be on at the right time and make sure you specify the colors you want. A lot of corrupted 6 links go for cheaper because they have specific colors that not many people want. I found that the combo 2 green 3 red and 1 blue is pretty uncommon for people to want and it works with this build. I was able to buy 2 6 links for under 1 ex. (Hardcore Legacy current ex value is 70 chaos fyi)

GL
Nerf Paper, Scissors is Fine. -Rock
Would a halcyon be good?
What do youguys think about using this belt?

The tooltip seems to show an increase of 2000dps when i use it, however I am not sure about the part where there is no physical damage. Is this a problem or having the build be completely elemental be good?
Nerf Paper, Scissors is Fine. -Rock
"
Eagle3o wrote:
"
Adambjjoz wrote:

There are quite a few 6l Bellys for under 5ex right now, not sure what you're talking about. If you're going to buy a 6l uni chest that isn't a tab/skin, you're gonna be paying over 3ex no matter what basically. Either find a good rare chest or link something yourself.

You should probably actually go and check your facts before coming in here and mouthing off like a fool about something you clearly have no clue about. The issue is still the same. Right now there's only 4 of the chests for sale at all and they are 5ex - 8ex & none are even close to being really well rolled.

Here's a screen cap since you can't be bothered looking for yourself: http://imgur.com/a/FjbRE

The build speed clears low content quickly as is advertised, but sadly it can't even remotely do all content, nor is it cheap, as specified in the thread title.
Hey guys, sorry for the real lack of replies as of lately. Lots of IRL things going on, For any questions I didn't get to answer you can always swing by my stream (www.twitch.tv/Sidefxmayinclde and ask there while i'm live. I still try and keep these up to date but it's tough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info