[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
Kyotoriou wrote:
Guys im so confused what gems i should use for dw, i mean links except frost blades. Immoratl Call is good? i dont have any endurance charges.

I've been using a curse on hit + herald of ice + assassins mark. If you've taken the 2 nodes that have +10% freeze by Primeval Force and using touch of anguish you should have enough to generate power charges constantly on AoE mobs.

I use another set up with my whirling blades. WB + Fortify + blood magic + faster attacks

I got frost bomb (don't level this gem) + increased duration + vaal grace + vaal haste

I'm not sure about using immortal call + CWDT. This is an evasion build and I don't know how much I can rely on that buff being up when I get unlucky and don't dodge something. I'm still figuring stuff out but I think using a totem set up for more single target damage might be better to use in those gem slots.

"
I'm 59 atm, and have big problems with mana. Atm im leveling with 2 Ewar's mirage is it good?

I used a mana potion while leveling. If you can get a jewel with +2 mana on hit this will solve your mana problems for AoE while leveling. You will still have to use a mana potion for single target though. Once I got a couple touch of anguishes and spec into Soul raker (0.8% mana leech) all my mana problems disappeared and I didn't have to use a +2 mana hit jewel anymore either.

ewar mirage is an awesome leveling weapon. I think there's an end game build based around it on these forums, but I don't believe its kept up to date.

"
And the last problem is int. I have belt for level 8, cuz it gives me 28 int, i cant replace it, curse on hit requires too much int. Any advices?

This build suffers from lack of INT. At most you're going to need 95 INT if you want to use touch of anguish. 111 INT if you want to completely level your gems. You're going to need a piece of gear with an INT roll on it, or you'll have to spec into a +30 INT node until you can get it from gear at a later time.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Mar 18, 2017, 7:24:58 PM
Thanks for your work on this build, i will wait for some more updates maybe (im not in a rush anyway).

Cant wait for v3.0 expansion to play this build or in legacy.

Cheers!
Last edited by Balantakos on Mar 18, 2017, 8:52:12 PM
"
Balantakos wrote:
Thanks for your work on this build, i will wait for some more updates maybe (im not in a rush anyway).

Cant wait for v3.0 expansion to play this build or in legacy.

Cheers!

Thanks! :)
This might have been asked already, but how good is going Pathfinder over Raider?

You can swap out Faster Attacks with Chain for clear speed and use a good pair of rare claws instead, and swap back Faster Attacks for single-target. Or maybe Blood Rage is good enough for frenzy charge generation and you can go back to using Touch of Anguish.

Tree-wise, you would just take a few extra flask nodes (mainly just 3 points for Druidic Rite, I don't think it's worth 7 points to get Arcane Chemistry, and Primal Spirit is unneeded). Ascendancies would be Veteran Bowyer (10% elemental penetration), Nature's Boon (8% reduced elemental damage taken, more reflect mitigation), Master Alchemist (40% increased elemental damage, comparable to Raider's Avatar of the Veil), and Nature's Adrenaline.
hello, i'm actually lvl 80 and i'm currently playing with one shield and i'll reset for dual claw build,
right now i have like ~5200 hp, with your dual claw build how much you got and for wich lvl ?

thx you for this build build, reallyfunny to play!
"
anacroniik wrote:
hello, i'm actually lvl 80 and i'm currently playing with one shield and i'll reset for dual claw build,
right now i have like ~5200 hp, with your dual claw build how much you got and for wich lvl ?

thx you for this build build, reallyfunny to play!

with DW atm i have 5200, with shield i had 5350ish, Glad you are enjoying the build. My new one will be just as wild.
"
phirefor wrote:
This might have been asked already, but how good is going Pathfinder over Raider?

You can swap out Faster Attacks with Chain for clear speed and use a good pair of rare claws instead, and swap back Faster Attacks for single-target. Or maybe Blood Rage is good enough for frenzy charge generation and you can go back to using Touch of Anguish.

Tree-wise, you would just take a few extra flask nodes (mainly just 3 points for Druidic Rite, I don't think it's worth 7 points to get Arcane Chemistry, and Primal Spirit is unneeded). Ascendancies would be Veteran Bowyer (10% elemental penetration), Nature's Boon (8% reduced elemental damage taken, more reflect mitigation), Master Alchemist (40% increased elemental damage, comparable to Raider's Avatar of the Veil), and Nature's Adrenaline.

You are more then welcome to try it out, then Path of building me the results.
Would there be any benefit to going CI with this build? Would make it more "non-budget" but would allow more generic gear from some of my other characters to work. It looks like it would be roughly 22-25 points to re-do this tree as CI since you'd have to basically abandon the bottom cluster, not sure if you could afford to lose the extra frenzy and cold pen in that area.
"
rejechted wrote:
Would there be any benefit to going CI with this build? Would make it more "non-budget" but would allow more generic gear from some of my other characters to work. It looks like it would be roughly 22-25 points to re-do this tree as CI since you'd have to basically abandon the bottom cluster, not sure if you could afford to lose the extra frenzy and cold pen in that area.

I personally feel it will be alot weaker.
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
"
rejechted wrote:

I personally feel it will be alot weaker.

Yeah. OK! Excited to be playing a life build. My FB totems char can pretty much clear most boss content, and this already feels like it will be way better for clear speed. Any advice on single target setup swaps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info