[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

Here is my setup :

Spoiler

Lvl 91

I clear anything very fast.

What I've done so far :
- Uber Lab
- Guardians
- Shaper : on going goal, failed once but it's more a matter of mastering the fight the dmg are good, definitely possible.
- Atziri uber

I've got two setup :
- One with Abyssus for very high dps, but I get killed very very fast, all buffed with flask I do around 450k tooltips dps.
- One with Starkonja (my main) : It varies with my gems but it's between 200 - 300k+ dps.

Life : quite low 5k

There's still place for improvement though :)

📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Aug 26, 2017, 12:00:59 PM
ok i was tinkering around with PoB for this build and i managed to get to 5k hp and 55% dmg reduction using the Iron Reflexes passive, can anyone tell me is 55% dmg reduction for 5k hp good for face tanking ocasionally combined with CwDT+Immortal Call+Increased Duration+Enfeeble ???
"
Synopsis wrote:
Here is my setup :

Spoiler

Lvl 91

What I've done so far :
- Uber Lab
- Guardians
- Shaper : on going goal, failed once but it's more a matter of mastering the fight the dmg are good, definitely possible.
- Atziri uber

I've got two setup :
- One with Abyssus for very high dps, but I get killed very very fast, all buffed with flask I do around 450k tooltips dps.
- One with Starkonja (my main) : It varies with my gems but it's between 200 - 300k+ dps.

What did you do for Uber Atziri?
You mean for the reflect ? I use blade flurry
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Hello guys, kinda new here.
I saw this build and find it very nice.
I try to level it up and work with it, it is quite fun.
But I have one question - when you pick Avatar of the Chase as an Ascendancy and you figth the boss - how do you upkeep the Onslaught buff and is there a way to upkeep it for the entire fight?
"
Synopsis wrote:
Here is my setup :

Spoiler

Lvl 91

What I've done so far :
- Uber Lab
- Guardians
- Atziri uber

I've got two setup :

What's your passive tree? Same as op?
Okey guyz. 5k hp and 200k dps with no flasks on a tooltip. have no idea how to deal with nearly ele immune bosses like a daughter of ash or overgrown ruin boss etc. always in a move, but it doesnt work.Cant even image how am i suppose to defeat gurdians or shaper. What i've missed??

in 2.6 I swore to myself not to play glasscanon ever again but hereweare
Last edited by Drunken_owl on Aug 27, 2017, 8:18:35 AM
Heyo!
So i see there is a new geme recommandation for FB :

Frost Blades -> Weapon Ele Dmg -> Multistrike -> Ruthless -> Cold Pen -> Melee Physical Damage

Ruthless is really a thing? from what've read on the wiki, it will trigger every 3 use of FB (meaning every 9 hit)

Who tested that? a little feedback will be really appreciated :) thanks
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
Nice and easy guide to follow. But i still lack serious dmg against bosses and sometimes even mob packs. Im lvl 92, followed your 115 points guide and have 5L belly of the beast, both claws and jewels + starkonja too. Cant afford some of the flasks, but other than that idk what i missed. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
So I have been trying this build for a while and am still unsure about the gem setup. (lvl 88)
I am currently on a 5L:

FB - WED - MS - Inc. Crit - Cold Pen.

I read a few suggestions in this thread but I am still thinking about my 6L setup:
My biggest questionmark currently is "Inc. Crit". Without the gem i have about 55% crit chance. How much crit chance do I need for it to be effective without wasting too much resources on improving my crit chance? With the crit gem i can reach to ~75% crit chance but path of building is telling me that "inc. crit chance" in a 6L is weaker than the other combinations. I am kinda inexperienced with crit and path of building so I don't really know how accurate the dps counter from path of building is and how crit chance is taken into account for dps.

The 6L setups I am thinking about:

1) FB - WED - MS - Melee Phys - Hypothermia - Cold Pen/Ice bite (depends if the enemy can be chilled)

2) FB - WED - MS - Melee Phys - Hypothermia/Cold Pen (mapping/boss) - Inc Crit

3) FB - WED - MS - Melee Phys - Dmg at full life - Hypothermia/Cold Pen (mapping/boss)

I think 2nd setup has the lowest dps while the 3rd setup has the best. (according to path of building)

I am currently leaning towards the 1st setup because i don't think the 3rd setup is reliable with "dmg at full life". But depending on the need for crit i would lean towards the 2nd setup even if it provides me less dps according to path of building.

TL;DR: How important is crit chance? Is 55% enough or should i go for 75% (with gem) although I get less dps compared to another gem in the link according to path of building.
55% crit chance = 75% effective crit chance
75% crit change = 86% effetive crit chance
Last edited by Socolo on Aug 27, 2017, 9:45:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info