[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

Hello, rather new to the game, enjoing your build a lot. Having trubles lately, around T10 with survivability/damage. Struggling to cap resists, should I do it in in jewels or buy a better ring? Could someone look at my setup and point out mistakes please? Thanks in advanse, awesome build
"
SirAlexandr wrote:
Hello, rather new to the game, enjoing your build a lot. Having trubles lately, around T10 with survivability/damage. Struggling to cap resists, should I do it in in jewels or buy a better ring? Could someone look at my setup and point out mistakes please? Thanks in advanse, awesome build

I did it with jewels (life, attack speed , 9-10% to all elemental resistances) because on ring you need STR, INT, Add cold dmg to attack so hard to fill with Suffixe like "resistance".

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
So, what about the second discharge linked to cyclone on cast on critical ? Has the idea been abandoned ? Was it just a way to prove that romira's losing power charges effect takes place last ?

Curious as I am using it atm, and I certainly could use 2 other gems in my chest with cyclone :)
"
Abrusio wrote:
So, what about the second discharge linked to cyclone on cast on critical ? Has the idea been abandoned ? Was it just a way to prove that romira's losing power charges effect takes place last ?

Curious as I am using it atm, and I certainly could use 2 other gems in my chest with cyclone :)

Its unreliable. Triggers infrequently like once per 2s. Not a viable source of dps boost to be considered.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 26, 2017, 10:10:39 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
Abrusio wrote:

Its unreliable. Triggers infrequently like once per 2s. Not a viable source of dps boost to be considered.

Ok thank you that's what I though, now I have to burn a few hundred chrome to get my colors right :)
Just a disclaimer to everyone using this build, don't grab mystery shrines in Uber Lab. If you get 100% crit chance you are going to have a bad time.
"
Just a disclaimer to everyone using this build, don't grab mystery shrines in Uber Lab. If you get 100% crit chance you are going to have a bad time.

Just right click the buff on the top left of your screen to remove it each time you enter a new room.
since this build goes back to 2015 (see page 1 under history)

can OP and other experts share their opinions on the pro and cons of Juggernaut and Berserker for mjolner build in 3.0 ?

Im looking at both build thread and having a hard time deciding

why did you go juggernaut over berserker in this league ? besides the potential inc nerf to berserker :)

seems somewhat similar gear wise since its basically the same concept. berserker can do it on 4 links even but chests and boots are way more expensive. Also hes taking vaal pact which also may solve the int problems somewhat since he travel to the right side of the passive tree

berserker version seems more damage and relying on leech.

juggernaut relies on charge consumption for both damage and sustain but how does the extra charge (how many ? 1 more endurance charge from ascendency ?) from juggernaut balance the 40% more damage from berserker ?

just at face value on paper, seems the 40% more damage would be way more effective and you can still keep the kings chest for the healing from charge consumed and you also get the leech from vaal pact ?
It may have already been answered in previous posts but how do you combat against Elemental Reflection maps? I get my titties kicked on elemental reflection maps.
"
stellarstar wrote:
since this build goes back to 2015 (see page 1 under history)

can OP and other experts share their opinions on the pro and cons of Juggernaut and Berserker for mjolner build in 3.0 ?

Im looking at both build thread and having a hard time deciding

why did you go juggernaut over berserker in this league ? besides the potential inc nerf to berserker :)

seems somewhat similar gear wise since its basically the same concept. berserker can do it on 4 links even but chests and boots are way more expensive. Also hes taking vaal pact which also may solve the int problems somewhat since he travel to the right side of the passive tree

berserker version seems more damage and relying on leech.

juggernaut relies on charge consumption for both damage and sustain but how does the extra charge (how many ? 1 more endurance charge from ascendency ?) from juggernaut balance the 40% more damage from berserker ?

just at face value on paper, seems the 40% more damage would be way more effective and you can still keep the kings chest for the healing from charge consumed and you also get the leech from vaal pact ?

This is "on paper". Now from my own experience with both builds:

There are 2 major differences, both having great impact on how those builds plays:

1) Life regen
2) Healing mechanics

With Zerker you have Vaal Pakt and therefore 0 life regen. This has major impact on several things: you cannot exactly use RF (you can but its to dangerous - you loose ~1.2k life per sec), you are vulnerable vs Damage over time aka DOTs. This includes not only chaos dmg and poison but also bleed (puntcure mobs, corrupting blood, traps in lab) and cold dmg over time like vortex (hi Shaper). So yes berserker has "build-in" 40% more dmg but cannot really use RF, while Jugg can without any drawback. RF is 39% more spell dmg nad 20% global increase so in terms of dmg modifiers things are starting to become even.

In terms of healing mechanics Zerker has potential to sustain any incoming dmg while in combat due to that 100% dmg leeched as life after taking savage hit. The trick is - you must recieve that savage hit (a single blow that removes at least 15% of your life pool). This is more than excelent vs those who do a lot of savage hits, like Guardians, Shaper, basically any T14-15 bosses. But there are exceptions: enemies that does DOT kind of dmg or dmg in burst (small hits but lots of them). This includes: T14 Plaza (Goddes degen), T14 Mineral pools (Mervils Icestorm), chaos heavy enemies like certain exiles, Core Maligaro, Unshaped with theyr vortexes in Shapers realm and so on. More than that if the target can be temporally immune to dmg - you cannot leech. This includes T13 Waterway boss, T13/T15 Rigwalds wolf form (Lair/Forest), Atziris healing phase (but thats a lesser problem as there will be adds), T15 Colosseum Daresso boss.

3) Theres on more thing: unrelenting passive and 7-8 max enduranche charges with Jugg.

Not in terms of dmg but in terms of tankiness and QoL. You will se max endu charges very often with Jugg. And thx to that yo can have: a) better physical dmg mitigation b) longer immortal calls for phys dmg immunity c) longer Arcane Surge buff (Up to 1 min).

So if we combine all of that, the verdict will be like this:

Berserker - excelent vs heavy hitters (Guardians, Shaper) with slightly higher DPS, very good vs everything with some exceptions (DoT dmg, Uber lab, certain bosses).

Jugg - universal. Very good vs everything, excelent vs nothing.

EDIT: As a bonus:

Jugg T16 Mino facetank by redix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvJAG7Uz-HY

Zerker T16 Mino facetank by _Ka0tic_:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv4iIzeVG0E&feature=youtu.be&t=296

@_Ka0tic_ feel free to add something if u want.

"
Bartusick wrote:
It may have already been answered in previous posts but how do you combat against Elemental Reflection maps? I get my titties kicked on elemental reflection maps.

Just skip those. This is possibly the only map mode this build cant do safely.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 27, 2017, 2:47:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info