[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
Bartusick wrote:
It may have already been answered in previous posts but how do you combat against Elemental Reflection maps? I get my titties kicked on elemental reflection maps.

You can do ele reflect maps, at least up to tier 10 (had no opportunity to test further yet) : this is 15% ele reflect, max is 18% ele reflect for tier 11-15.

Switch minor Pantheon to Yugul (no need for the upgrade)

remove your cold damage rare ring and replace it with Sibyl's Lament ring (cheap) in the left slot.

make sure you have a topaz flask, divination distillate flask can help too (cheap). You won't do much fire damage because of Sibyl's Lament fire damage and EE,

Your elemental resistances have to be at least 95%+ because you can go that high with both flask +max elem res. I would prefer to have more if possible because of a possible elemental weakness curse (or have a curse removal flask ready).

be cautious and use your flasks well ! :)
"
RicoKGB wrote:

This is "on paper". Now from my own experience with both builds:

There are 2 major differences, both having great impact on how those builds plays:

1) Life regen
2) Healing mechanics

Thank you so much for the very informative/detailed reply !

didnt realize the effect of vaal pact no regen effect and its impact on RF use and dot and trap dmg

one thing : the zerker can still wear the same kings chest as the jugger build and get healing through charge consumption ? or does the healing from kings chest count as "life regen" ?

that extra healing would somewhat compensate on the "need to leech" while no savage hits taken ?
"
stellarstar wrote:

Thank you so much for the very informative/detailed reply !

didnt realize the effect of vaal pact no regen effect and its impact on RF use and dot and trap dmg

one thing : the zerker can still wear the same kings chest as the jugger build and get healing through charge consumption ? or does the healing from kings chest count as "life regen" ?

that extra healing would somewhat compensate on the "need to leech" while no savage hits taken ?

Yes it can but that will make it worse. With Zerker you have to aim at minimum of 6.5, optimal 7k hp. Because aspect of carnage (10% increased damage taken from all sources) makes that hp pool basically 10% less. And you wouldnt achieve that ammount of life without Kaoms heart. More than that Kaoms heart boost Discharge dps on its fire part as it has %increased fire dmg property. And to make myself clear and recap once more: Savage hit triggers very often vs bosses, there are only some exception when it can fail on you. But even if it does you have still 1% global life leech from Berserker to support you a little bit. And you can pop Atziri flask for additional leech. You will have scary moments with Berserker but you wouldn die much because of it.

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 27, 2017, 10:35:55 AM
how do you sustain the RF set-up?
Max endurances (BIS is with TFU belt +1 endurance charge, so you can get 8 endurances) and passive tree nodes.

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Oct 28, 2017, 5:42:36 AM
"
redix27 wrote:

You have 113 Discharges with TFU, meaning 113/33 = 3.42 avg Discharges per sec and 378k true Shaper DPS.

You have 101 Discharges with BotD, meaning 101/32 = 3.15 avg Discharge per sec and 390k true Shaper DPS.

Thank you for all this testing redix.

Now guys and girls tell me... is TFU WORTH it?

I mean with all the testing we have done with redix with TFU and proper attack speed we can have 4 Discharges per sec on average. With BotD it is 3 on average. 4/3 thats like 33% more on paper. On the other hand BotD provides global 10% more (enemies are intimidated) and extra protection.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 28, 2017, 6:28:35 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:

You have 113 Discharges with TFU, meaning 113/33 = 3.42 avg Discharges per sec and 378k true Shaper DPS.

You have 101 Discharges with BotD, meaning 101/32 = 3.15 avg Discharge per sec and 390k true Shaper DPS.

I mean with all the testing we have done with redix with TFU and proper attack speed we can have 4 Discharges per sec on average. With BotD it is 3 on average. 4/3 thats like 33% more on paper. On the other hand BotD provides global 10% more (enemies are intimidated) and extra protection.

from the wiki intimidate is 10% increased damage not more

weird that even with the "30% reduced extra damage from crit", comparing both videos the BOD version seems more spiky watching the health globe ... and it went to 1000 life at one point with BOD. The TFU version never went below 3000 life on those big minotaur slams.

Did that extra discharge and healing from combination of TFU and kings chest make that much of difference between the 2 versions ?
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
redix27 wrote:

Better to test with lyco shield for 100% hit rate the 4% max res shouldnt matter for mino fight as well as there is a bit of time when hes not hitting mino at the start of tfu video after the shield charge missing a few hits maybe start with cyclone and continue. Even at 95% acc thats 1/20 hits you are missing. This isn't even accounting for the variation in how many charges produced if rng is being generous with giving you max power charges from the boots or not the fights can be a lot faster or slower. Would need a large sample of tests, I wish they would give us a training dummy for the hideout for dps testing. I'm sure they have items for testing things like this for the devs.
"
stellarstar wrote:

from the wiki intimidate is 10% increased damage not more

weird that even with the "30% reduced extra damage from crit", comparing both videos the BOD version seems more spiky watching the health globe ... and it went to 1000 life at one point with BOD. The TFU version never went below 3000 life on those big minotaur slams.

Did that extra discharge and healing from combination of TFU and kings chest make that much of difference between the 2 versions ?

Yes, The flow belt reduces any cooldown that exists in the game (CWDT, Immortal Call..) up to 20% reduced cooldowns. So for this build, this means permanent uptime for immortal calls triggered via cwdt and a discharge every 0.2seconds instead of every 0.25seconds so with Kingsguard means more healing :-)

TFU used in the VID
Spoiler

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info