[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

@Abrusio: don't forget to grab one 8% node, otherwise you won't get +1 max res (checked it in PoB). I really like that idea and will do the same I think, but I'll take the lower route to save 1 point (power charge duration not needed with Intuitive Leap) and try to get the missing int elsewise (e.g. 8% Inya, jewel...).

@Rico: thanks for the feedback. Lvl 100 seems a bit too time consuming, at least for me, but 92 is easily doable, 95-96 with Beachhead (rotations) if desired. So 5,5k-5,7k should be doable.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Oct 25, 2017, 9:35:23 AM
"
Lvl 100 seems a bit too time consuming, at least for me, but 92 is easily doable, 95-96 with Beachhead (rotations) if desired. So 5,5k-5,7k should be doable.

Well, doing Beachhead rotas it´s awesome, you can level up until lv98 very very fast, from lv98-99 you need x14 maps , and from lv99 to lv100 you need x20 maps (rota average 45-50min)

Harbinguer league it´s for sure "The lv100 characters viable" ;)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Oct 25, 2017, 9:43:21 AM
Questions for the experts and OP :

1) From what I understand we dont want crit at all in this build, right ? Just to confirm

2) Then another follow up question : why do we take elemental overload (which needs crit to get the bonus) and NOT take Resolute Technique (we actually spec out of it mid way) ?

3) mana question : how much mana do we need in this build ? is it zero since we reserve it all away with the 3 purity + enlighten ? Can we run with 2 purity while we level enlighten ?

4) I see there is a sliver of 39 mana left in the final PoB. Is that needed or just a leftover from the reservation for purity ?

discharge from mjolner cost no mana, blade vortex from cwdt cost no mana, righteous fire cost no mana ... Am I missing any other skill that need mana in the build ?

5) how important are the Inya boots ? they are kind of pricey. I understand they are just there to add some more DPS since we already have unrelenting for the 25% chance for endurance charge. Is there an alternative with other benefits or just rare with life, resist and move speed ?

6) the OP gear uses Devoto helm but the PoB final version use the scold bridle helm (way way more expensive) ... Is it safe to say Devoto is good and scold bridle is just for more DPS ?

Thanks for answers in advance
"
stellarstar wrote:
Questions for the experts and OP :

1) From what I understand we dont want crit at all in this build, right ? Just to confirm

2) Then another follow up question : why do we take elemental overload (which needs crit to get the bonus) and NOT take Resolute Technique (we actually spec out of it mid way) ?

3) mana question : how much mana do we need in this build ? is it zero since we reserve it all away with the 3 purity + enlighten ? Can we run with 2 purity while we level enlighten ?

4) I see there is a sliver of 39 mana left in the final PoB. Is that needed or just a leftover from the reservation for purity ?

discharge from mjolner cost no mana, blade vortex from cwdt cost no mana, righteous fire cost no mana ... Am I missing any other skill that need mana in the build ?

5) how important are the Inya boots ? they are kind of pricey. I understand they are just there to add some more DPS since we already have unrelenting for the 25% chance for endurance charge. Is there an alternative with other benefits or just rare with life, resist and move speed ?

6) the OP gear uses Devoto helm but the PoB final version use the scold bridle helm (way way more expensive) ... Is it safe to say Devoto is good and scold bridle is just for more DPS ?

Thanks for answers in advance

Ok lets anserw those...

1) Yes, but spell crit doesnt hurt if u have some on jewels as well as little bit of global crit like for example from Romiras ring if uncorrupted, but generally speaking - crit is not necessary and not needed (especially global crit or melee crit).

2) Because with Juggernaut you have +1000 accuracy from ascendancy node (so you dont neeed RT) and you want your discharge to crit to trigger that elemental overload. When you crit with Discharge (and discharge with 5 power charges has 17%-24% chance to crit depending on controlled destruction support being used) Elemental Overload stays active for 8 secs for another 40% more multiplier to your dps. Link that with having 4-5 discharges per sec (yes - elemental overload is basically active all the time in combat).

3) You need some left over mana as on switch we use manual cast of Immortal Call - Arcane Surge setup for up to 1 min Arcane Surge buff for another 15% more to your final dps. Other than that mana is not needed.

4) Se point 3.

5) Inyas are great dps boost but also + 60-70 to life and 5-8% increased global inteligence for easier gearing. Good alternative are Death Door boots but theyr not exactly "cheaper" ;) Other than that yes - good rares.

6) Scolds is basically "DPS option" and its not needed. Devotos is great all rounder for this build - its like having haste aura that is constantly on but more than that its +dex and +chaos res so stick with it!

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 25, 2017, 11:05:34 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:

Ok lets anserw those...

Thanks so much for the answers !

Makes things a bit clearer now.

didnt realize we were already at 20% something crit chance with the power charges generated (basically critting all the time)

when you "lose the power charges from critting" because of romira ring bonus ... does it count as "consumed" to get kinsguard and volls amulet bonus ?

the confusing thing about this build is romira is both the source of power charges (which we then use to generate endurance charge) and a source of losing (or consuming) power charges.

Is that right ?
Last edited by stellarstar on Oct 25, 2017, 12:24:13 PM
"
stellarstar wrote:

the confusing thing about this build is romira is both the source of power charges (which we then use to generate endurance charge) and a source of losing (or consuming) power charges.

Is that right ?

In a perfect scenario for this build you don't crit with Cyclone (so you don't lose Power Charges) but with Discharge. I guess Discharge eats up the Charges before Romina's "negative" effect comes into play so it doesn't matter.
"
"
stellarstar wrote:

Is that right ?

In a perfect scenario for this build you don't crit with Cyclone (so you don't lose Power Charges) but with Discharge. I guess Discharge eats up the Charges before Romina's "negative" effect comes into play so it doesn't matter.

Yes Romiras acts last. So you're basically loosing power charges that you allready lost by discharging them. The only downside of this is when your Discharge crits - it wont generate another charge for future discharge (because Romira will remove it shortly after it gained it "on-hit"). If that makes sense to you. But that happens 17-24% of the time, so no worries. And you're still gaining power charges with cyclone alone like 90% of the time.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 25, 2017, 12:58:55 PM
What level do you recommend attempting shaper/guardians. I vaaled a Volcano and it brought me into Phoenix den (where I got blasted.) Tell me if I'm doing something wrong with my too or should I just be patient?
"
What level do you recommend attempting shaper/guardians. I vaaled a Volcano and it brought me into Phoenix den (where I got blasted.) Tell me if I'm doing something wrong with my too or should I just be patient?

Not at lv84 for sure!!, wait for +90 for guardians, and +92 for trying Shaper and you should have a min of 6.X life :-)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"

For Guardians you need 5.7k life and 20/20 gems in Discharge link, also 5/7 max charges and 40sec+ Arcane Surge on switch. You may also support yourself with 3L Vengance - 20/20 Curse on Hit - 20 Enfeeble. Dont forget proper flasks and pantheon setup vs each one of them (Fire, Cold, Chaos, Physical). If you plan to use RF vs them its better be 20/20 RF and you better have 5l Cyclone setup: 1/20 Cyclone - 20/20 FA - Blood Magic - Fortify - 20/20 Life gain on hit. Something like having uber lab done for 25% increased effect of Fortify and life regen under Fortify I wont even mention :P
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 25, 2017, 5:03:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info