[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

This is a great build but it has a huge downside, how am I going to play any other builds after playing this one :(
Killed Mino (x1) and Hydra (x3) for the first time in my POE career. ^_^

Died a couple of times, but it could be because of my pretty much non-existent mechanics knowledge.

But now, when I went on Chimera.. I died 6 times on the 1st minion stage. I just went in and instantly died.

I dunno, it could be because map was rare and corrupted, and it rolled vulnerability (I removed it with my anti-curse flask) and couple of + damage mods for the minions..

I already used to pretty much not looking at the mods (only for elemental-reflect, pretty much), because build felt so strong.. But that time I didn't stand a chance.

Guy who sold me the map even asked if I can face-tank the mobs with those mods, and I answered "We gonna find out". Well, I guess I couldn't..

So for the guy who died on Mino. Perhaps map just rolled some crazy mods, so hes super strong now.
"
Killed Mino (x1) and Hydra (x3) for the first time in my POE career. ^_^

Died a couple of times, but it could be because of my pretty much non-existent mechanics knowledge.

But now, when I went on Chimera.. I died 6 times on the 1st minion stage. I just went in and instantly died.

I dunno, it could be because map was rare and corrupted, and it rolled vulnerability (I removed it with my anti-curse flask) and couple of + damage mods for the minions..

I already used to pretty much not looking at the mods (only for elemental-reflect, pretty much), because build felt so strong.. But that time I didn't stand a chance.

Guy who sold me the map even asked if I can face-tank the mobs with those mods, and I answered "We gonna find out". Well, I guess I couldn't..

So for the guy who died on Mino. Perhaps map just rolled some crazy mods, so hes super strong now.

On Chimera that unique Snake with dmg mods and vulnerability is deadly. You need to kill it fast or have tons of chaos res (Devotos + passive skill tree + Proper Pantheon setup + Atziri flask). Chimera himself (herself? :P) is doing much less dmg than that snake... Also map could have "less life recovery" mod which affected your life regen and rendered chaos dmg even more dangerous.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Mar 26, 2018, 5:03:48 PM
Yeap, bought the map with some easy mods (only relevant mode - +attack speed for monsters), and beat the Chimera without any issues.

Died one time again, to that freaking snake.. I think he (he? :D) hit me with poison, so I just couldn't get it off and Chimera didn't respawn in time so I could regen off him. ;)

Again, thanks for the amazing build! ;)
"
I can facetank him whole day with RF up. I have 5.8k hp, Unflinching, Unyielding, Unbreakable, Undeniable taken as well as 0.2% life regen per endu charge (so I have 650 life regen), I have single conversion maxed roll (10%) watcher's eye, around 8k armour in total, fortify and I use Soul of Solaris pantheon vs him. Same goes for Chimera and Hydra. Shaper/Elder is easy as well. The only boss that gives me some trouble is Phoenix. Uber Atziri can one shot me as well but I know her mechanics to well. @ladish congratz on sword drop. So far Im getting only gloves :P

Thanks Riko. That being said, I did facetank Hydra and Chimera very very easily. However I am slightly unfamiliar with minotaur's mechanics so I definitely have to research it more before I fight him again. I plan on him making him my bitch. I didn't use Solaris pantheon so that might be the difference maker. I only have 5.6k life so I think I should drop one of my dps jewels and put more life into that one. Do you think maybe I should drop my wise oaks flask and use Atziri's for any guardian fights?

Or maybe drop wise oaks for taste of hate for purely defensive reasons?
Last edited by lumpsumhero on Mar 27, 2018, 12:43:05 AM
Atziris flask is helpfull vs Chimera snake party ;)
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
Beorc wrote:
This is a great build but it has a huge downside, how am I going to play any other builds after playing this one :(

Yep, thats why I spent 6 months on it leveling it on 3 different characters. I literally had to sell my gear for it to get off of it for a bit.

Having fun though, I never played any Poet's Pens builds before so this is all new to me, on 1 of those crazy immortal hierophants teleporting around nonstop like nightcrawler on pcp blowing everything up with dead bodies, pretty crazy.
SO I just learned that endurance charges give elemental resistance. which is a bummer because basically 5 or 6 out of 7 of my jewels have ele resistance. right now, mine are 113/118/128. do you think this is a little too much? I can lose some and put life and more spell damage. what are your guys' res at?
"
lumpsumhero wrote:
SO I just learned that endurance charges give elemental resistance. which is a bummer because basically 5 or 6 out of 7 of my jewels have ele resistance. right now, mine are 113/118/128. do you think this is a little too much? I can lose some and put life and more spell damage. what are your guys' res at?

We don't have 7 Charges up all the time, so you should aim for something like 100 all res without charges. They help a bit and you can rely on them to an extent but I wouldn't recommend going in uncapped and hoping that you only get hit while you have all 7 charges up.

@Rico: what do you think about getting a Flow Untethered Belt for about 130c? Is it worth it? Isn't resist capping super hard with that thing?
yup imo in a discharge build you have to always aim for max res while effected by ele weakness WITHOUT considering endurance charge res or you risk the 1 shot sneaking in when your charges are down.

all my jewels have all res on them as well, but I'm aiming to run enlighten/empower/vitality/purify of fire in a +1 repentance. with this setup i have about +100 life regen with rf active. with all those jewels I can drop poi/pol and still hit 79 capped res in a non ele weak situation, and if I roll ele weak maps I just save em and throw on my regular triple purity setup and run without perm rf
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on Mar 27, 2018, 6:25:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info