The Classic Mystery Box

"
Nashiq wrote:
Why would you let the same items drop multiple times? That's extremely annoying. Is this a bug? Gotta be a bug. Otherwise that's some seriously bad business practices. What am i going to do with 2 mino helms, 2 necrotic helms, 2 purple scorps, 2 necrotic boots, 2 Arcane seraph wings?
Do it like how SMITE does it. every item in the chest you can only get once, but you pretty much have to buy it as many times as their are items in the chest to get the best item from it.

Also, somehow after buying all these, I have lost my Seraph weapon effect. Please return it.

if you lost a weapon effect then send in a ticket for that one. Do check your stash first maybe? Honestly wish is was just easier to find these effects easily.
Please let us do something with duplicates... please.
"
Nashiq wrote:
Why would you let the same items drop multiple times? That's extremely annoying. Is this a bug? Gotta be a bug. Otherwise that's some seriously bad business practices. What am i going to do with 2 mino helms, 2 necrotic helms, 2 purple scorps, 2 necrotic boots, 2 Arcane seraph wings?
Do it like how SMITE does it. every item in the chest you can only get once, but you pretty much have to buy it as many times as their are items in the chest to get the best item from it.

Also, somehow after buying all these, I have lost my Seraph weapon effect. Please return it.

To everyone saying "duplicates shouldn't be allowed":

I implore you to use your brains for a second.

The boxes cost what the cheapest MTX costs. If duplicates could not happen, then you could get 5,430 points worth of mtxes for 1,170 points (39 boxes * 30 a pop).

What possible incentive would GGG have to allow this?

As to uses for duplicates, you have more than one character right? Hey problem solved! The only ones that I agree shouldn't be allowed to duplicate are ones you literally cannot use more than one of: Portals.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
GGG, I know that it's meaningless coming from a nobody, but I'd still like to say kudos on your decision to list rough odds of winning specific prizes through the mystery gamble.

Good job.

I've spent too much on thee boxes already and I want to finish my dang armor set; we able to purchase these separately after the league?
"
I've spent too much on thee boxes already and I want to finish my dang armor set; we able to purchase these separately after the league?

Yep, everything not marked exclusive can be purchased in 4month's time according to Bex, and the price that each individual piece / mtx will sell for in the store is listed too.
"
To everyone saying "duplicates shouldn't be allowed":

I implore you to use your brains for a second.

The boxes cost what the cheapest MTX costs. If duplicates could not happen, then you could get 5,430 points worth of mtxes for 1,170 points (39 boxes * 30 a pop).

What possible incentive would GGG have to allow this?

As to uses for duplicates, you have more than one character right? Hey problem solved! The only ones that I agree shouldn't be allowed to duplicate are ones you literally cannot use more than one of: Portals.

Oh I don't know, perhaps because even if they did that everyone would have to spend $120 to get all the gear, which is an absurd amount for virtual items with no resale value? I can understand doing so on a game like CS:GO, where you can literally resell the skin once you're done. But these sit in unorganized tabs where you won't even use most of them.
I'll be spending points again on this one.

No more ridiculous basic stash tab to get all up in my way at the start of every league.
must there be so much reliance on mystery box revenue?

"
Ymirok wrote:
Please let us do something with duplicates... please.

^^^^^

what a fucking hose job, over ten tabs of dupes. fix this shit already! mtx accumulation is going out of control.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
Last edited by RaiseTheSteaks on Mar 6, 2017, 12:58:59 AM
i dont understand, does the item or whatever comes from that box stays forever on account or its just while i league active?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info