How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

doing ed, not great but this linking happened:

In retrospect if I knew I would get a 6l in 40 fuse I would have done a regalia..
e: although tbh I previously spent about 300 fuse on a regalia before giving up after getting zip..
Last edited by ladish on Mar 31, 2017, 2:32:15 AM

probably the only valuable thing ive found so far
"
tinko92 wrote:
Level 90, I didn't think I'd have this kind of gear in SSF and it's actually a rather smooth gameplay most of the time and I really don't care about the rest of it where I just get ragdolled since it requires ES/ranged and/or godly gear to be able to deal with.

My valuable shit:
Spoiler

I fucked up my Woe Butcher axe in a way. I yolo exalted the cold damage, and even though it's a good boost I should've waited for my Vagan lvl 7 to craft bleeding on hit. But my palms were itchy with that Exalted staring at me.

Also, got the Voidheart prophecy (hence the Blackheart linked) but I think I'll give up on that. I played around 15 maps with double Beyond mods (and 20%+ monster packs) and I think I managed to spawn ~30 (around 2 spawns per map on average) beyond monsters (not bosses) in that period while the gameplay was utter shit because I was gathering monsters in groups to have better chance of proccing beyond.
Unlike previous leagues where spawning beyond monsters was no issue at all, now I have no doubts that they've nerfed the shit out of that. Fuck the clear speed meta.

My best drop is probably that Rustic Sash. Although my jewelry is fucking garbage, and I have no luck with them. I'm using essences and alchemies on jewelry constantly and still no luck at all. But hey, I can't have them all, rite?

Can't really complain overall. Much better enjoyment for me compared to my CI/VP Cyclone Disfavour Trickster from Breach league where I was dying because I was losing my concentration, because 99%+ of the content was like playing in Cruel with that character, and then I would get obliterated. Usually after an hour of playing.

I'll never make a meta character again (that Trickster was my first one, despite not playing ranged). It's boring as fuck. Braindead.

That rustic sash is amazing. I'd love one as good as that to tide me over until I find a crystal belt (seriously how rare are these blasted things - I've done nearly 40 combined scriptorium/gorge/shipyard and zilch).

I was a bit lucky on jewelry. My ring is fucking amazing, and I'm using valyrium for stun resistance. Amulet is just the result of essence spam. It's pretty bad defensively but gives me alot of damage, and frees up some of the str nodes on the tree I had before.
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
How SSF is going?
lvl 1-70 : Jay!
lvl 70-74 : Uh oh...
lvl 75 : WALL

And climbing it takes forever,
until you decide to reroll.
"
bablo wrote:
How SSF is going?
lvl 1-70 : Jay!
lvl 70-74 : Uh oh...
lvl 75 : WALL

And climbing it takes forever,
until you decide to reroll.

What game are you playing ?
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Doomstryver wrote:

That rustic sash is amazing. I'd love one as good as that to tide me over until I find a crystal belt (seriously how rare are these blasted things - I've done nearly 40 combined scriptorium/gorge/shipyard and zilch).

The wiki could be wrong for the drop restricted items? Anybody ever found a crystal belt in Gorge or Scriptorium? After the Rogue Exile drop nerf.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
tinko92 wrote:

Also, got the Voidheart prophecy (hence the Blackheart linked) but I think I'll give up on that. I played around 15 maps with double Beyond mods (and 20%+ monster packs) and I think I managed to spawn ~30 (around 2 spawns per map on average) beyond monsters (not bosses) in that period while the gameplay was utter shit because I was gathering monsters in groups to have better chance of proccing beyond.
Unlike previous leagues where spawning beyond monsters was no issue at all, now I have no doubts that they've nerfed the shit out of that. Fuck the clear speed meta.

I think it's easier than in previous leagues. I killed the beyond lords for fun several times so far.

You know the mechanics? You have to get 3 spawns at the same place, so take a map like racecourse, and take a place in the middle as figting place. Lure the monsters to it, you'll get an easy access to the beyond lord. Sooner or later it will be Bahomed.

Add strongbox and shrine leaguestone, since these encounters are an easy one or 2 additional demon spawnings.

To be realistic, you'll get 2 or 3 lords out of a map with this method. Take compact overland maps, since there it is more easy to lure monster groups from all 4 sides to the location of a shrine or strongbox, or even breech.

Ledge type maps are not good, since groups are too stretched to get the 3 demon spawns. Maze type maps - forget it.

"
Llyrain wrote:

I think it's easier than in previous leagues. I killed the beyond lords for fun several times so far.

You know the mechanics? You have to get 3 spawns at the same place, so take a map like racecourse, and take a place in the middle as figting place. Lure the monsters to it, you'll get an easy access to the beyond lord. Sooner or later it will be Bahomed.

Add strongbox and shrine leaguestone, since these encounters are an easy one or 2 additional demon spawnings.

To be realistic, you'll get 2 or 3 lords out of a map with this method. Take compact overland maps, since there it is more easy to lure monster groups from all 4 sides to the location of a shrine or strongbox, or even breech.

Ledge type maps are not good, since groups are too stretched to get the 3 demon spawns. Maze type maps - forget it.

I know how it works. And I wasn't talking about beyond bosses (I even explicitly said that), the regular beyond monsters just don't fucking spawn.

That's not realistic at all, at least wasn't in my tries.

No idea why you're explaining this to me as if I started playing yesterday, but what you said is far from reality.
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Llyrain wrote:

I know how it works. And I wasn't talking about beyond bosses (I even explicitly said that), the regular beyond monsters just don't fucking spawn.

That's not realistic at all, at least wasn't in my tries.

No idea why you're explaining this to me as if I started playing yesterday, but what you said is far from reality.

Not sure what you are doing wrong, but i have had zilch issues spawning bosses just about every beyond map i am doing. Even though i am never going for challanges, the beyond boss one finished before i even hit yellow maps.

Do you make sure to run some pack size increases on your maps? (crap like temp chains, lower regen and stuff like that) They make beyond spawns significantly easier.

There is also some interaction between leaguestones. You can slot a bloodlines "of abaxoth" and a beyond "of circles" and you'll get two beyond bosses per map guaranteed. I have been hording those things in case i get a voidheat prophecy.
"
satanttin wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
I think im gonna start new character. Thinking about marauder.

Off course still running on scion from time to time and masters missions.

maraunder is a good choice :P made one myself berserker ftw xd specially with the new boots well new xd

Made it. Will try... caster and BV+Ci+ES :D
Last edited by de99ial on Mar 31, 2017, 10:56:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info