How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
carkasjak wrote:
Unavailable

I don't even

The awkward moment you get that super duper rare prophecy on SSF and you can't get an Uber Atziri set to even try :P

GRATS, MAN!
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I gues it is why SSF is actually solo self fuck ;)

I had IceTomb prophecy, two days later i found tird one (vendored previous ones) and i got this:

But not gonna chage this for it:

Also some meaningless finds:

"
PelicanOfWar wrote:
"
@ Pelicanofwar

Yeah for hard cards like that I just only farm them if i'm missing 1 or 2. Not that i've farmed that often yet, just started SSF and only a year ago started playing POE. I am liking SSF best though, for exactly these reasons, getting good stuff is hard but rewarding.

Target farming cards is pretty easy, I farmed up multiple Kaom's Hearts last league. The two big things is if you can shape the map to go infinite on sustain. The other is if your chosen MF build is conducive to the layout. I found powering through maps as fast as possible with some quant gear will get you to the goal quickly. Unfortunately whirling blades feels super terrible in Phantasmagoria. The minimum move distance just causes you to get stuck on everything.

So next goal is farm a set of The Wind cards and swap off my arc totem character for MF.

That sounds good. But can you explain what you mean with shaping to sustain? Because I have heard about that earlier but I don't quite get how that works (I know how shaping works though). For example my prime maps would be anything that drops The Offering like Tower and Tribunal maps, but I have found only one of each map even though i'm constantly try to play as close to them as I can to make them drop. But overgrown ruins for example drops constantly even when i'm playing for away from it (8 of them in my stash atm).

Doing pretty good so far!
Still waiting for my masters to hit 8 so i can craft my dagger zz...
Gonna need another currency stash soon for my alts ^^

And atm i'm working on a wander mfer so i expect this amount to rise quite a bit now. My previous findings has been without iiq/iir.
Gonna live in burial chambers for the next week or 2, trying to go for that lovely hh.
"
"
PelicanOfWar wrote:
"
@ Pelicanofwar

Yeah for hard cards like that I just only farm them if i'm missing 1 or 2. Not that i've farmed that often yet, just started SSF and only a year ago started playing POE. I am liking SSF best though, for exactly these reasons, getting good stuff is hard but rewarding.

Target farming cards is pretty easy, I farmed up multiple Kaom's Hearts last league. The two big things is if you can shape the map to go infinite on sustain. The other is if your chosen MF build is conducive to the layout. I found powering through maps as fast as possible with some quant gear will get you to the goal quickly. Unfortunately whirling blades feels super terrible in Phantasmagoria. The minimum move distance just causes you to get stuck on everything.

So next goal is farm a set of The Wind cards and swap off my arc totem character for MF.

That sounds good. But can you explain what you mean with shaping to sustain? Because I have heard about that earlier but I don't quite get how that works (I know how shaping works though). For example my prime maps would be anything that drops The Offering like Tower and Tribunal maps, but I have found only one of each map even though i'm constantly try to play as close to them as I can to make them drop. But overgrown ruins for example drops constantly even when i'm playing for away from it (8 of them in my stash atm).

If you want to do a shaped strategy it is probably easier to watch a video on it. I think Martypoe did one recently. Below is a very basic strategy but there are more convoluted ones to farm lower tier maps. Usually requiring more setup and initial upfront investment of sextants to unlearn entire tiers.

If you want to farm a Shavs:
Complete ALL T1-9
Shape ONE T10 and have no other T10 at all (You could also complete all T10s, but I prefer to have a shaped one)
Shape ONE T11 and have no other T11 at all
Shape Tribunal as your T12 and have no other T12 and T13 completed at all.
This will force any T12 and T13 to be tribunal so you can eventually go infinite. Sometimes you hit a bad streak of RNG when starting the T12 pool and will need to farm your T11s to build up again. Sextants and Chisels on the target map help to kickstart the pool.

Currently my atlas is
T10 Channel (Farming Divines and its a super easy layout to run when relaxing)
T11 Jungle Valley / Phantasmagoria (Farming a Windripper and Taste of hate)
I have no shaped higher maps since I am currently farming steel rings. So it is some other funky atlas strats for me.
The nice thing about a shaped atlas is the ease of swapping maps to target farm cards. I payed 20 chisels and 5 regrets to swap my t11. Then just ran all my phantasmagorias converting them into Jungle Valleys.
Last edited by PelicanOfWar on Jun 22, 2018, 9:51:57 AM
@ Pelicanofwar

Thanx man that actually makes a lot of sense. I'm gonna have to get elder to spawn on higher maps first to get more orbs.
I hope I will have enough currency to uncomplete certain maps, but it will be worth it I think. I don't have a whole lot of complete t8 and up, i'm mostly active in the west and south area of the Atlas but elder/shaper are in the exact opposite.

Good luck with farming and thanx again :)

I would recommend watching an up to date atlas video or reading this:
https://pastebin.com/7dtsb09N

You can trade in 3 shaped maps for a shaped version of the next tier up.
Make sure elder is sitting on that map and run the newly acquired shaped map and it will give you the memory fragment.
This saves you from spending sextants to unlearn maps.

EX)

Channel is currently shaped T10
I need my orb for T11
Trade in 3 Shaped Channel and I get a Shaped Atoll (Even though my Atoll is a normal map)
Make sure elder is sitting on Atoll, run it with that map you just acquired and you will get the memory fragment.

Repeat for the next tier
Last edited by PelicanOfWar on Jun 22, 2018, 10:52:53 AM
I could only played an hour or two during the weekdays. Buy this league droprates has been.... high than usual. I don't I've ever had my quad tabs full of (non-duplicated) uniques before.

And especially:

That alone is already has more value than everything in my standard's lol.

And it's the first league I've ever dared challenging with Atziri (normal). The arc buff is super strong here :v
Stuff Update

Was farming for some Steel Rings and had these drop:

First guardian map, excited to be on the path for my first SSF Shaper kill.
My first actual Kaom's Heart drop which felt awesome. Probably going to use it on a Phys Bleed bow character.

Did get a ring to drop and spent one contempt on it. Pretty meh, Will have to gamble on it later.
"
twintales wrote:
I could only played an hour or two during the weekdays. Buy this league droprates has been.... high than usual. I don't I've ever had my quad tabs full of (non-duplicated) uniques before.

And especially:

That alone is already has more value than everything in my standard's lol.

And it's the first league I've ever dared challenging with Atziri (normal). The arc buff is super strong here :v

That is awesome! congratulations!
Meanwhile i've done tons of temples and using t2 or t3 altar for belts, no luck yet. So now i'm wokring on a mf wander to live in burials for next couple weeks :p

My top drop of the day is this, which i laughed about due it dropped as 6s.

3rd this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info