How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Almost died to stupid bleeding when leveling in Act 2, oh my, that was close :( :) Now trying to get to use maps device, to enter ang get my 1st and only legacy uniq.

Pizzablast totem inquisitor, yes, meta, but at least i feel i can go to mapping and finaly - just hope - reach my first char to lvl 90 :)

Life: 2.7k. ES 1k, gear:

Will switch fire pen gem to inc area when will do cruel lab :)

Og got this from Vorici missions:
hmm, thinking to build some magic find char to farm just dried lake :)
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
I'm thinking of doing SSF next season. how do you guys get the life/resists needed at merciless safely? Do you have to farm stuff like dried lake longer before moving to the next difficulty?

Ideally, the SSF leagues would move to permanent SSF only leagues which would allow better drop rates and such.

I have all resistances capped, including almost maxed chaos. I found a shield with 24 all res + chaos, a helmet with high chaos and two rings with + all res 14 I believe.

Each league I play solo, never had any trouble progressing into merc and maps. I am at tier 5 now, was 13 last league. Level 76 :) I am running this build with 150 magic find 1xx quantity, so I could in theory equip better items, but I don´t need them yet.

Never had a six link before, so there is a lot more potential as well, especially if the player is more knowledgeable than me, as I am a nooby casual :)

P.S.

I never farmed anything, just played through story and jumped right into maps.
Last edited by Ygidua on Mar 13, 2017, 3:14:10 AM
got bored on my main, started an alt ED/blight/contagion occultist.

I must say, I will probably switch to non-ssf soon after I get this second toon to mid/high tier maps.

(rant incoming) its not that I dont enjoy SSF, but generic-ing of builds really starts getting to me. normally I dont play the same build more than two times (RF was probably the only exception I ever did)

its just really tough to get specific uniques for quirky builds. and I love quirky builds. and I dont mean some powerful rare uniques, Im talking about common run of the mill uniques you get a dozen of when you dont need them and never get them when you want/need them.

I wanted to run a warcry-centric berserker, cycling through warcries. so, like, all Id need is a deidbell (even procced the prophecy). one of warband shields. easy enough right ? wrong. shit just wont drop. had like 20 deidbells and 10 of each wardband shield last league. zero now.

I remember Anuhart once said that SSFers need div cards like fish need a bike. well, I couldn't disagree more then and I couldnt more now. if I had an option to farm something like 50 crystal ores to get cards to get a deidbell - by golly I would. div cards are an amazing crutch for SSFers and otherwise it could be a very long time to get a common unique 'on demand'.

Im as against instant gratification as anyone, but I don't see why I have to play x generic toons in SSF to just get a couple of common 1alc unique to make my build work. poe now has like over 400 uniques I believe.

/rant
I'm finished .... next
Died at level 71 in cruel lab... in room with bunch of traps :(
Stopped playing for some time, because my hate on lab just got bigger.

P.S.: but the league itself is really great.
"
greenyadzer wrote:
Died at level 71 in cruel lab... in room with bunch of traps :(
Stopped playing for some time, because my hate on lab just got bigger.

P.S.: but the league itself is really great.

^^ that. I hate lab. But need to do it to process further.... meh. Its cruel, CRUEL and you died at lvl 71+... I feel the pain.
Last edited by BestiyaLV on Mar 13, 2017, 6:10:44 AM
Managed to play alot over the weekend, still loving the league! Level 85 and have had my first ex and divine drops, highest map tier currently T8 (my god I had to roll insane IIQ/packsize to go from 7 to 8).

Managed to find this nice scepter, so I was brainstorming rolling a fully converted to fire/cold phys mace build. Any suggestions? :D
21/05/18 - The beginning of the end of PoE
I'm 135 resists even before merciless about to take out Mal in cruel. I've only had about 5-6 hours to play. No problem on resits or life. Trash gear ofc

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 13, 2017, 6:25:39 AM
It's been going very slowly for me as I haven't played since pre-awakening (missed a4, ascendancy, talismans, warbands, etc) so have had to learn a lot, and playing HC means I've been learning the hard way ripping and rerolling.

Still absolutely loving it though, and looking forward to continuing myssf journey long after this league has ended.
"
grepman wrote:

its just really tough to get specific uniques for quirky builds. and I love quirky builds. and I dont mean some powerful rare uniques, Im talking about common run of the mill uniques you get a dozen of when you dont need them and never get them when you want/need them.

I wanted to run a warcry-centric berserker, cycling through warcries. so, like, all Id need is a deidbell (even procced the prophecy). one of warband shields. easy enough right ? wrong. shit just wont drop. had like 20 deidbells and 10 of each wardband shield last league. zero now.

I remember Anuhart once said that SSFers need div cards like fish need a bike. well, I couldn't disagree more then and I couldnt more now. if I had an option to farm something like 50 crystal ores to get cards to get a deidbell - by golly I would. div cards are an amazing crutch for SSFers and otherwise it could be a very long time to get a common unique 'on demand'.

Im as against instant gratification as anyone, but I don't see why I have to play x generic toons in SSF to just get a couple of common 1alc unique to make my build work. poe now has like over 400 uniques I believe.

/rant

I think this is first and formost a mentality issue.

My hands are itching to make a dual brutus lead sprinkler necromancer with the baron. I mean, seriously. Itching.

Obviously i have none of those items. Instead i look at my 5 tabs of uniques now and try to come up with interesting builds for those instead.

ie. A life based elementalist with buring arrow is coming along
Spoiler
Unavailable

Once i get those gloves. Or if i get a lioneyes jewel to use the staff nodes.

My main point is, that the main fun is to find builds you can do with what you have, instead of finding builds you want to do. If that gets boring for me, i'd switch to the normal league instantly as well though.

Or you could just take a break from SSF, migrate with a toon with some currency on it. Buy your stuff, test your build. (test out that baron leadsprinker thing for me, eh? =P)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info