[3.0] Max Spell Block "Bone Storm" Firestormer (Cheap, Tanky, HC, League Starter)

Mispost
Last edited by MasterAaron01 on Aug 25, 2017, 4:35:55 PM
Just updated for 3.0! The Immolate gem is really insane for this build and the Pantheon system has some fantastic buffs for us. I also added a recommendation to get a corrupted +1 curse amulet (such as The Anvil) if you can afford it, and add in Warlord's Mark to get even tankier. Check out the guide, this build is stronger than ever in Harbinger :D
Last edited by midtown on Aug 27, 2017, 3:18:53 AM
Just updated all the trees for 3.0, it's slightly more efficient now :D
"
MasterAaron01 wrote:
Update: Just hit early maps with my MoM variant. So far, it's been amazing. This build levels like a dream, it's tough as nails, and it stomps all over low-tier maps with a 4L. MoM has been easily sustained with a single rarely-used mana flask. I ended up dropping the skeleton totem to run Bone Offering + Arcane Surge (lvl 8) + Increased Duration. That gives me 1% less block and spell block, since I can't use that Bone Offering setup in my +minion gems helm, but gives me great QoL on Bone Offering (up to 20sec duration!) and an 11-second Arcane Surge on every cast.

Awesome! Are you still liking Arcane Surge post-nerf?

"
MasterAaron01 wrote:
Any thoughts on using Mind Over Matter with this build? I'm planning a variant (link below) that uses MoM, Anger in an Essence Worm, and Clear Mind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/6iifbi/critiques_appreciated_max_blockmom_firestorm/

I don't see why you couldn't do this! You can either put your curses in a Tempest Shield + CoH, or CWDT. With MoM, Warlord's Mark is such a strong choice as well as you get 4% effective life leech (5.6% with 40% curse effectiveness). Personally, I've run Warlord's Mark w/ Blasphemy in a MoM set up before and it feels amazing; losing ~10% eHP (35% * 30%) feels worth it to have so much life+mana sustain all the time.
Hey guys,

This build seems to be great. I'm transitioning to it from SRS/Zombie while still on low lvl so it won't cost too much of regret points.

I was thinking, wouldn't this mace be better? I also has "life per hit" mode, however, I'm not sure whether it has the same effect as a claw?

"
snakertf wrote:

I was thinking, wouldn't this mace be better? I also has "life per hit" mode, however, I'm not sure whether it has the same effect as a claw?

Your weapon has "life gained for each enemy hit by attacks" while cybil's paw has "life gained for each enemy hit by spells"

Notice the difference; Firestorm is a spell, not an attack like blade flurry or spectral throw for example.
"
Nayuri wrote:
Notice the difference; Firestorm is a spell, not an attack like blade flurry or spectral throw for example.

Exactly, thanks! Also Cybil's gives us 120% increased spell damage at max block, and cast speed. It's pretty crazy for it's price. Again, something like this will outperform Cybil's, but I'd recommend getting another form of leech like Warlord's Mark before ditching Cybil's (though Cybil's still works for curse immunes so there's that :)
I think i'm gonna give it a try, seems quite tanky which is great. I mean, damage is usually no problem in most builds but survivability.

Just a question, why do you pick ES gears? They seem to be nerfed into oblivion at the moment...
"
Nayuri wrote:
I think i'm gonna give it a try, seems quite tanky which is great. I mean, damage is usually no problem in most builds but survivability.

Just a question, why do you pick ES gears? They seem to be nerfed into oblivion at the moment...

Awesome, glad to hear it! Okay, two reasons for the ES:

1. As per the guide, you should prioritize high life rolls first, but after that, there's no reason not to have ES on your gear. In 3.0 using this build, I have about 5.6K life and 2.2K ES. Why wouldn't you want that extra padding? It's substantial.
2. Our gem set ups are very Intelligence heavy so it makes getting the right colors (lots of blue) straightforward.

Sure, you could go armor or evasion to get more defenses a different way, but your socketing is going to be painful :)

Does that make sense? Am I missing something? What would you go for instead of ES, after getting high life rolls?
Last edited by midtown on Aug 29, 2017, 12:27:37 PM
Hey, I saw that you're not wearing The Anvil on the Gear part. Should I?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info