[3.0] Max Spell Block "Bone Storm" Firestormer (Cheap, Tanky, HC, League Starter)

I've really been enjoying this build, too. I'm currently level 55 in LSC. Leveling has been smooth and I'm still surviving well with some dodgy self-found gear. I've accidentally stepped into a couple of lab traps due to poor visibility, but that's only because I'm able to stack so many firestorms, so it's a risk I'm happy to take!

I haven't been running blasphemy yet, but I've seen a few folks elsewhere complain that the AOE nerfs really hit blasphemy hard. They feel like they almost have to hug the mobs before the curse applies. Has that been your experience?

"
uriaha wrote:
I've really been enjoying this build, too. I'm currently level 55 in LSC. Leveling has been smooth and I'm still surviving well with some dodgy self-found gear. I've accidentally stepped into a couple of lab traps due to poor visibility, but that's only because I'm able to stack so many firestorms, so it's a risk I'm happy to take!

Yeah, this build does really well with SSF if you aren't attached to maxing block! And, you'll get better at seeing through the Firestorm, your brain will adapt :)

"

I haven't been running blasphemy yet, but I've seen a few folks elsewhere complain that the AOE nerfs really hit blasphemy hard. They feel like they almost have to hug the mobs before the curse applies. Has that been your experience?

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Blasphemy radius always progresses slowly because both it and the curse gems increase AoE as they level (from 0 to 76%) so it starts out feeling like you have to hug them, but as you level them you'll go from 0% to ~150% AoE on the curses, and our passive tree has 52% increased AoE. So we should be hitting 204% AoE of our curses. Still, it isn't a huge radius with my level 16 gems. One option would be to self-cast Flammability (I'd keep Enfeeble as aura for anything that sneaks up on you), which would also open up some mana for Arctic Armor / Discipline / Haste etc. I'll have to play around with it!
The build is really great so far, i had to pay 15C for the shield at league start but apart from that i think i've spent maybe 30-35C max on this build. Got myself level 83 atm and able to clear pretty hectic tier 9s, i failed a corrupted tier 11 excavation but i may have expected too much with crazy rippy mods on it. Just a question if I wanted to farm dried lake quickly without worrying about defenses, what should i change around?
"
hender99 wrote:
The build is really great so far, i had to pay 15C for the shield at league start but apart from that i think i've spent maybe 30-35C max on this build. Got myself level 83 atm and able to clear pretty hectic tier 9s, i failed a corrupted tier 11 excavation but i may have expected too much with crazy rippy mods on it. Just a question if I wanted to farm dried lake quickly without worrying about defenses, what should i change around?

Thanks! What were the mods on the map? I've definitely done corrupted T15s with this build, but I generally avoid extra damage mods and of course elemental reflect.

For Dried Lake SC at your level:

* you don't need Enfeeble or Flammability. I'd probably get an alt cybil's/shield that you can keep to have Vaal Haste + Increased Duration, along w/ maybe a normal Haste.
* don't forget your Silver Flask of Adrenaline! You can also consider swapping one of the others for a Quicksilver or second Silver flask.
* instead of CWC+Scorching Ray, use Spell Echo + Faster Casting. It should get you to two stacks of Firestorm faster and feel faster to move around, as you'll know exactly when it is done and can move on.
* play around with still casting Bone Offering every third pack or so for the cast speed and damage, if you enjoy it.
Added a section w/ specifics for the 2.6 League / patchnotes including some sweet Talismans :)
I'm at low level tier maps & level 78 & just got my footsteps playing LSC but enjoying the build a lot. Leveling seemed really smooth.
ign: Kza_Taza
You can hang a video to see the performance. thx
IGN:
"
Thanks! What were the mods on the map? I've definitely done corrupted T15s with this build, but I generally avoid extra damage mods and of course elemental reflect.

i think it was a ton of damage mods on boss ( well in that map , bosses ) like 393% mob crit ,enfeeble and some other mob buffs. And I might have messed up by not trying to kill the guy with the fire ring around him, could've done it i think if i just focused the right guy. No reflect but not sure if it had mob status ailment avoidance. Anyway i almost did it the bosses were like 30%. Definitely trying again, need to shape my strands hahaha.

I do have the exact flask u mentioned ( it was only 1C!) im using 2 life flasks, the silver flask, a quicksilver and an atziri 's promise atm. Would any high end flask benefit this build? I'll try that setup for dried lake as well, thanks !
"
Would any high end flask benefit this build?

Vinktar's w/ the added lightning spell damage would be nice for dmg and leech, Dying Sun for AoE, and you could also use a Rumi's which would dramatically ease gear reqs for max block and give you a bunch of phys damage reduction as well!

In other news, I added my current 2.6 LHC gear for reference. It's not that great yet but shows some examples of super budget gear :)
If we could get one Unset ring and put Bone Offering inside that, we could use that spot in the Helmet
to put Decoy totem inside there, and then it would gain the support of the Minion and TOtem resistance support gem. However bone offering would lose the +2 from the helmet.

Also, I really like this setup for movementspeed and the phase run less visibilty buff

phase run
faster casting
inc duration
flesh offering

I´d love to squeeze both that, and a tankier decoy totem inside the build, because i just ripped and already began the levelling process.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info