[2.6] Zombie summoner - 6 Big Zombies

"
allana wrote:
flame sentinels are the fastest map clearing spectres but slashed miscreations are probably the best for killing bosses due to their high single target damage

actually, stygian revenants might be equal or better than flame sentinels for maps but I haven't played with them since warbands because they never fixed that awful sound

I guess I'll try with slashed miscrations then, shouldn't be too hard to get some.

I was thinking about binding SRS to a spell totem and then drop faster casting on them
(SRS - faster casting - spell echo - minion damage)

not sure if this would help, but I was considering it, because standing still is often something you don't wanna do. Maybe you have a suggestion for something else to use, instead of SRS in a 4-link (ES gloves)

would appreciate your tips and of course appreciate the tip already given :)
"
cerberus20 wrote:
I'm doing a similar build, but with spectres being the main damage source and zombies and animated guardian acting as backup.

currently planning on making zombies more tanky and dps'y with mon'tegrul once i got uber lab done. (double essence worm with auras should give enough resistance)

I've been using mostly flame sentinels (solaris temple banners) and undying incinerators (sewers) for dps.

Only really have one question for you guys, which spectres would you use in uber lab and which for general farming?

I've checked the necronomicon, but the choices are too broad for me to find out which is best where.

i am trying to figure out why you are using spectres for this build. the big thing is that it adds your strength to your minions .. which is melee physical damage and a bit of hp.

this is kind of important because to get this build to work you kinda sacrifice a decent amount of raw minion damage. about 70% from all the jewels you drop about 40% from the helmet enchant (unless you get stupid lucky) about 15% from the gloves , 30% because you roll with a montre. rather than another summoner item. for double dipping this is not a subtle loss of dps.. nore is the loss of all the curse effect you wont be taking.

most specters are ranged fellows.

this isnt really even considering that you would be stretching your ascendancy points here because you want spirit eater but a spectre build wants the spectre node gated by the awful zombie ascendancy point (which is even worse on a montre build for obvious reasons)

you would be better off using frenzy monkeys and pairing it with a 4l srs since you will have the free mana to cast them and you wont be rolling deep into either auras or curses (this frees up a few sockets)

I did sand box this build on standard and honestly it is a mixed bag .. from a durability stand point .. you .. definitely want the buffed chest piece which caps you to ilevel 24 zombies

you lose about 20% base dps because of this but you do gain an extra zombie in doing so.. so from that stand point it evens out (my ci montre set up rolls 5 , my str hybrid set up following loosely this build rolls 6)

the hit to minion life was a bit harsh though as my ci build had 39860 hp zombies vs 30+ish montre zombies in the str build

the leech is fun but you only really gain its benefits when your es is down which mutes its potency vs big hits but is really cool in attrition battles. i actually cant figure out which i like better the pure ehp of ci or this wonky hybrid es regen but life leech build.

losing so much from curses and auras was really really painful though. but on a plus side this build would make a pretty good companion to the ci necromancer variant of montre simply because of how little over lap there is on curses and auras.

I alos sand boxed this build with umbilicus... its a bit of a stretch but it can work. but boy is it a pain in the arse and i dont think you would be able to drop the 100 str gloves .. for shapers .. which is of dubious values

i doubt ill follow through on either build in legacy.. im already getting pretty bored since my rng is somewhere between terrible and horrific.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 8, 2017, 7:25:22 AM
"
mirthfulnga wrote:
"
SenyaPoet wrote:
Use queen's escape. Thank me later.

What about Montegrul Grasp..?

The big problem I'm seeing isn't zombie damage, it's clear.

Minions are always derpy and slow, and zombies follow you if you move offscreen. So for clear purposes you need to get them over to enemies as fast as possible. Plan to also max my animate guardian and use minion speed.

This whenever I use arc or desecrate the zombies end up moving out as quickly as SRS would, totally was a gamechanger for my clearspeed.

Also before that, I was using Victario's charity. That's a nice option to pair with Montreguls if you're still going that route.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
cerberus20 wrote:
I'm doing a similar build, but with spectres being the main damage source and zombies and animated guardian acting as backup.

currently planning on making zombies more tanky and dps'y with mon'tegrul once i got uber lab done. (double essence worm with auras should give enough resistance)

I've been using mostly flame sentinels (solaris temple banners) and undying incinerators (sewers) for dps.

Only really have one question for you guys, which spectres would you use in uber lab and which for general farming?

I've checked the necronomicon, but the choices are too broad for me to find out which is best where.

i am trying to figure out why you are using spectres for this build. the big thing is that it adds your strength to your minions .. which is melee physical damage and a bit of hp.

this is kind of important because to get this build to work you kinda sacrifice a decent amount of raw minion damage. about 70% from all the jewels you drop about 40% from the helmet enchant (unless you get stupid lucky) about 15% from the gloves , 30% because you roll with a montre. rather than another summoner item. for double dipping this is not a subtle loss of dps.. nore is the loss of all the curse effect you wont be taking.

most specters are ranged fellows.

this isnt really even considering that you would be stretching your ascendancy points here because you want spirit eater but a spectre build wants the spectre node gated by the awful zombie ascendancy point (which is even worse on a montre build for obvious reasons)

you would be better off using frenzy monkeys and pairing it with a 4l srs since you will have the free mana to cast them and you wont be rolling deep into either auras or curses (this frees up a few sockets)

I did sand box this build on standard and honestly it is a mixed bag .. from a durability stand point .. you .. definitely want the buffed chest piece which caps you to ilevel 24 zombies

you lose about 20% base dps because of this but you do gain an extra zombie in doing so.. so from that stand point it evens out (my ci montre set up rolls 5 , my str hybrid set up following loosely this build rolls 6)

the hit to minion life was a bit harsh though as my ci build had 39860 hp zombies vs 30+ish montre zombies in the str build

the leech is fun but you only really gain its benefits when your es is down which mutes its potency vs big hits but is really cool in attrition battles. i actually cant figure out which i like better the pure ehp of ci or this wonky hybrid es regen but life leech build.

losing so much from curses and auras was really really painful though. but on a plus side this build would make a pretty good companion to the ci necromancer variant of montre simply because of how little over lap there is on curses and auras.

I alos sand boxed this build with umbilicus... its a bit of a stretch but it can work. but boy is it a pain in the arse and i dont think you would be able to drop the 100 str gloves .. for shapers .. which is of dubious values

i doubt ill follow through on either build in legacy.. im already getting pretty bored since my rng is somewhere between terrible and horrific.

A traditional CI tree would work quite well without all the hassle.

The whole baron + geoffri's lets him achieve 9k EHP for dirt cheap though. CI will always be defensively superior.

Without having to use all these uniques would be ele weakness capping way easier too.
Why is this renamed to 6 big zombies now? Wasn't it the point to get as many as possible?
"
teXCe wrote:
Why is this renamed to 6 big zombies now? Wasn't it the point to get as many as possible?

Because 6 is sortof the max with monte's
IGN: Tjoen
"
teXCe wrote:

I had to name it something other than "league starter" to get it to appear in the witch sticky thread per the author's rules. It's possible to get 7 zombies but it's oging to take a lot of sacrifices to get there
"
teXCe wrote:

Going for as many zombies as possible is not actually all that practical

the first 1000 str is easy enough
1200 you can get if you start including 90+ and a few jewels
1500 you start seriously compromising your gear and tree
and to get that 7th zombie at a mind obliterating 1800 str .. nope

Realistically you want to stop at exactly 1200 and more over you want to start replacing brawn jewels with real minion jewels if you can. each socket you have to waste on a brawn or an efficient training after 1200 is simply a waste of time.

when doing this build you must keep in mind all the things you are also losing as you stack str

potentially resists minion life and minion damage per jewel

resists and minion life/damage on the gloves

flexibility in your rings and jewelry

flexibility in your skills ( you pretty much have to use alot of red gems .. there arent that many good ones for summoners)

loss of curse potential which is a Massive boost to offense and defense traditionally
loss of aura potential because you have to give up aura nodes for more str nodes.

So in the end you must make sure only to get exactly what you need .. and nothing more

Saltychipmun, allana, Tjoen appreciate for the responses guys, thanks a lot. First time trying out a summoner and must be confusing the total amount of zombies and the ones u get from str.
"
SenyaPoet wrote:
Use queen's escape. Thank me later.

How much DPS are we losing if we switch to this? I'm considering it but not sure how this works... 5/6 Big zombies vs 10/12 small zombies (90% less phys damage) However that's 10/12 zombies hitting instead of only 5/6 assuming they can all reach the boss at once.

On the other hand I could simply weapon switch to Mon'tregul's Grasp when bossing.

Spoiler
Last edited by Agent_Wesker on Mar 8, 2017, 10:41:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info