[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

You need vertex and enlighten to run all auras without helmet enchant
"
Iplayferal wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Iplayferal wrote:
Would anyone mind going over my profile and let me know where theres most room to improve?

Can't seem to break 10k ES despite beeing such high lvl.

Got around 60ex to spend, so i could shell out some.

thanks in advance =)

Well, with 60ex to spend my first upgrade would be the shield. Buy or craft a rare shield with +2 max fire res and 5% reduced DoT. Get as high es as you can afford.

Rest of your gear is pretty solid, though the belt could use the %ES recovery rate mod for more survivability. That would also fix the regen gap you'll get from switching to rare shield.

the problem with the shields is,

http://poe.trade/search/ummawazitonoim

are the only two i can seem to find and they are both not really decent, am i wrong?

Imo they shouldn't be too hard to craft. Just buy the base, and alt/aug/regal spam till you get +2 fire res and good ES roll. Then multimod with whatever you want.
Exactly

Something like this is GG

You you could even use an annulment orb to get a 1-stat rare and just craft flat es from there
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
hey guys i have question Gain 17% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity or 2.5% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline

which is the better option for this build?
IGN: YamiCurseWhisper
"
azraelbg wrote:
hey guys i have question Gain 17% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity or 2.5% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline

Depends what you need more. Do you need more ES to prevent one-shots and also get a bit more regen too? (more es = more overall regen)

or do you want super regen?

"
Ahfack wrote:
"
azraelbg wrote:

Depends what you need more. Do you need more ES to prevent one-shots and also get a bit more regen too? (more es = more overall regen)

it`s hard to decide but i guess super regen ? :)
IGN: YamiCurseWhisper
Hi guys! First RF char here (lvl85 now). I'd like to thank for the guide, the build's been fun. My current flasks are:

Witchfire brew
Chemist's sulphur of heat (spammable, no freeze)
Rumi's concoction
Experimnter's ruby flask of adrenaline
Chemist's quicksilver of adrenaline

I decided to use a ruby flask since it's mentioned in the guide. It's basically a free slot, since 1 quicksilver is more than enough for me. A couple of questions:

(1) Would a chemist's basalt be better than a ruby flask for mapping? Perhaps even against physical damage bosses?
I haven't paid much attention to the ES boost granted by a ruby flask, so I don't know how efficient it is, but a basalt alongside a rumi's would certainly make me really tough.

(2) Wouldn't a chemist's basalt be better than a rumi's overall if I decide to keep my ruby flask?
From what I understand, the extra physical mitigation would improve the efficiency of my armor. The spell block granted by rumi's is the only spell block I get, so 10% isn't much anyway. Going from 30% block to 50% is no small boost, but it's not an extra layer of mitigaiton like a basalt.

(3) How much do opal rings help this build? I don't know if they affect RF at all. Also, last time I checked on path of building, SR didn't seem to get much better either.

(4) I'm happy with shield charge, but I'm curious as to how people use lightning warp... because it costs a lot more mana. If I decide to use, do I need to stick to 5 auras only? Or is it a matter of getting lvl4 enlighten instead of using conqueror's efficiency + lvl3 enlighten?

(5) Sometimes, my SR stutters and doesn't go off. My character starts the animation, but resets. I've noticed my mana begins to go up and down to the maximum and minimum, even if I give up on trying to use SR and don't press anything. Whenever this happens, I can only cast SR again if I move my character. What the hell is going on? lol
Last edited by vhapter on Feb 3, 2018, 2:00:07 AM
"
azraelbg wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
azraelbg wrote:

it`s hard to decide but i guess super regen ? :)

Super regen also seems to be a fair bit cheaper.
If you don't care about cash, why not get both on 1 jewel ;-)
"
vhapter wrote:
A couple of questions:

1) A basalt is a huge boost against physical damage, but does nothing against anything else. Ruby gives us a regen boost regardless of what source we're taking damage from. If you're finding it's nearly all phys giving you trouble you could make the switch, it's simply more limited and situational than the Ruby so there is a trade off there. By the time you've picked up Faith and Steal for the armour boost the gains there will push Ruby even further ahead in terms of value for us.

Personally I'd probably sacrifice my Sulphur (that requires you to stand still for the regen boost) before my Ruby if wanting to include the Basalt.

2) A little bit apples and oranges as they do different things.
The Rumi's helps us offensively as well as defensively by preventing our SR from being stopped by damage. When you're doing a high amount of damage at scale 8 SR against a boss with phases and limited uptime for SR a hiccup in the delivery of that damage can make a difference.
Again, the Basalt is purely physical mitigation where block applies to everything. So horses for courses. Can be worth it to swap in a Basalt for something like Mino or lab, but if doing Shaper or general mapping the Rumi's will tend to give us more utility.

Having said that, a Basalt is super helpful. You wouldn't be making a 'mistake' by switching Rumi's/Ruby/Sulphur for it, just a choice.

Might be worth having a backup "of warding" flask you can swap in for one of the adrenaline flasks too. Wouldn't fancy hitting a temp chains, enfeeble, vulnerability, etc map without a warding flask handy.

3) Ele damage does scale both SR and RF, so it helps.
How much will depend on the ring itself and what you're comparing it to. A great non-Opal will easily beat a bad Opal. Or if you can get the same stats as an existing ring on an Opal base then it'll be an easy boost in damage.

If you want to super quickly check numbers to see how much it could help your existing setup a fast and easy way is toggling on the 14% and 12% ele damage nodes near templar. Hover over the 14% and it'll show you how much DPS you're losing with the loss of that 26% ele. An Opal is 15-25% ele, so a close comparison (e.g. I'd gain ~4.2% RF damage and ~3.8% SR damage if I could change one of my rings to an Opal with the exact same stats besides the implicit). Or to put it in context another way, it's worth two good damage nodes on our tree.

Or you can obviously edit a current ring to contain the implicit for a more accurate number, just a little more work.

4) Can't advise on the LW side of the query, I like my fortify so not looked into the details there much (my gut assumes it'll be just scaling your mana higher with more mana nodes [e.g. jewel in the top right corner] and higher int on gear so that your same % unreserved mana is a bigger number), but you want to get rid of that Conq Efficiency either way.

Easily done with you still wearing a Vertex, check back over previous posts on the thread to get the details (Blood Magic to helm, lower level Clarity and drop the Empower).

5) Yeah. Can't offer any advice, other than you're not alone. It stutters and glitches out at times. Sometimes it's not even the SR so much as just the mana regen lagging.

Tends to happen me for prolonged periods when something else (normally Windows 10) decides to take up all my (limited) bandwidth or start running something to clog up disk writing access on my rig. Shutting down a process or removing some draw on the bandwidth tends to fix those instantly. The short ones I don't watch too closely. A quick shield charge tends to solve 'em, so I'd assume there's an item/rock/piece of environmental artifact that's bugging the game out when it tries to process/animate our ray.

Also to touch on the stuttering of SR in this game, this is what I've found out.

I am in the US. When I run maps with anyone on frankfurt, singapore, or any of the other shitty (sorry) servers, my SR stutters like crazy. But I go right back to my hideout, and it's fine.

We have such little mana to use, that on the server side of things, it doesn't actually apply everything correctly if we have shitty ping/signed into a shitty server.

So, when I run maps with my buddies or someone wants uber atziri service, I always make them come to my hideout and we run there. I won't run any boss service from someone else's hideout. If they message me, "Hey man, 2 portals left, can you finish her off?", I first ask them waht gateaway they're in. If they are in a shitty one, then that's too bad I can't help them. If you are unsure if this will happen, you can always test in their hideout (assuming their hideout is on their server as well).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info