Legacy League Challenges and Rewards

"
Coltainee wrote:
To be honest, MTX rewards are not really proportionoal to the effort what you have do do, to claim them.

the value of any mtx is zero, you cannot trade it. not even for in-game money

so spending idk 200 hours on getting the portal (I guess, no clue), for zero. yeah that is definitely not proportional

(for a comparison, spend 200 hours on sweating in entropia universe and you can earn 15-20 dollars. not much, but hey, at least it's actually real money and not zero!)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
GGG got fed up with pro players getting 40/40 in 2-3 weeks, and decided to ramp it up by a whole lot. Now the casual players will be lucky to get 24/40. Pro players might have to put in an extra week for their bird on top.
And yeah, GGG - the rewards could be better. EVERY league the grind gets harder and the rewards get less and less. Trend is obvious.
"
MorgueFLB wrote:
Hi GGG

I realise that it wouldn't be right to complain about the cosmetic rewards for completing some of these tiers of challenges because... well... PoE is a free game, made freely available to us... for free :-)

So I'm not going to compain.

so if your favourite news source would suddenly provide you with 50% of their stories pure invention, you would have no right to complain either? because, hey, free news?

One word. No. No matter how free it is, you have every right to complain. Always.

And it's not even for free either, you're investing your time and computing power.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
I've never really been interested in the challenge leagues. I made a character for Prophecy because I wanted a few of the fated uniques, that was the first league I ever took part in. I then skipped Essence because I'm not interested in the RNG-style crafting. I made a character for Breach because, again, I wanted some of the uniques. I'm not really interested in a lot of the endgame stuff, and most of these challenges are too grindy and endgame-oriented for me. Realistically, I can only see myself completing 6 of these challenges. I may make a character for Legacy to again get some unique items, but other than that... I probably won't play it much.
"
aldorus wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
well some are pretty forbidding for ssf, but what's new... if at least the ssf earned mtx would be marked in some way, e.g. by putting an * asterisk behiind their name, to make it worth earning them the hard way...

Eh, and two ** for SSF HC, right? And three *** and one ! exclamation mark for the top 10 players.

Please, stop with this poisonous notion dammit. The last thing we need right now is another divide war. I was so happy that they enabled SSF league, even though I might not personally participate.

To participate should be reward on its own. Period.

what you say makes no sense. nothing is taken from you by adding a * on items that you can't even SEE (unless I show them to you in a screenshot). and that is by design! I could've easily said give ssf exclusive rewards but NO I specifically invented a system that you can by defintion NOT get envious about!

participation is not a reward, same as playing is not a reward. a fucking reward is a reward!

hell, it becomes apparent to me why Americans got the choice between Clinton and Trump more and more every day... ability to apply basic logic has been lost to the average joe

and the "dividing" thing is so ridiculous it makes my head spin.

1. ssf players are not trading
2. ssf players do not matter in your activities whatsoever
3. so ssf players were never part of your market. nothing changes.

especially not the fact that they still are playing the damn same game as everybody else! and the same principle applies to the upcoming xbox players. either it is all ONE community (there's only one forum is there not?!) - or it isn't, and it's split, and again, that is by design. oh and believe me, xbox players will have a lot MORE exclusives than an asterisk...
"
LMTR14 wrote:
the value of any mtx is zero

Say that looking at any Supporter Pack :'D

Why supporter pack instead of MTX from regular shop? Because they limited. Reward MTX also limited and you pay for them by spending your real time.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on Feb 28, 2017, 6:36:20 AM
Portal is dissapointing but I still want it, so this filthy casual is going for it.
Rework the rewards...
As a self found player, it's really frustrating to keep getting fucked harder and harder with each successive league since Prophecy. Prophecy was great. I hit 36/40 self found and could have gotten to 40 with just a bit of extra grinding.

There is absolutely no fucking way I can do that here. These challenges are obscene. Please stop making the challenges shittier and less achievable without flat-out buying half of them every damn league. You did a good job in Prophecy. Now that you know what was good, stop fucking it up.

I mean, fucking Abaxoth? Seriously? Ignoring the fact that I almost certainly couldn't kill him on whatever builds I choose to play, I've never even fucking seen the guy in thousands of hours of play. The grinding required to get to uber Atziri (who I couldn't fucking kill anyway) is absurd. And fucking Shaper?! Come on. If your middle finger to self found players with these challenges was any larger, it'd block out the damn sun.

What an absolute shit show.
Grind challenges are ...
Last edited by nonomm77 on Feb 28, 2017, 6:58:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info