I had an argument with a feminist... My boss.

"
If your first response to seeing a female gamer is "SHOW ME YOUR TITS", and you can't be convinced that this is a bad idea, then the correct path for the community to take is to throw you out on your ass, or at least mute you.

I should write something about slippery slopes here, but it'll be to no avail as you've slipped a long time ago and now you're just wallowing in the mud.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
I should write something about slippery slopes here, but it'll be to no avail as you've slipped a long time ago and now you're just wallowing in the mud.

What slippery slope, that if we first ban the guys who tell women "tits or GTFO" that we'll eventually start banning people for milder offenses, like trash talking female opponents and saying, "I just let you win because you're a girl"?

God forbid. That would be awful!
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
not everyone's a decent human being. I see little problem with communities censoring those people.
Fucking first amendment, amirite? What basket of deplorables thought that was a good idea?

"This inevitably will draw responses about "free speech" and the first amendment, from people who don't understand either."
- Moviebob, in an entirely relevant video on the subject

If I post Goatse.cx in every thread on the forum, it is not a "free speech" issue when the moderators decide to ban my ass. Come on, you're smarter than this. Free speech does not guarantee you a platform, it does not guarantee you the right to be heard, and it does not guarantee that your speech doesn't have consequences (like being shunned by the community for saying really shitty things that reflect negatively on the community).

"
morbo wrote:
"
If your first response to seeing a female gamer is "SHOW ME YOUR TITS", and you can't be convinced that this is a bad idea, then the correct path for the community to take is to throw you out on your ass, or at least mute you.

Damn 14yo kids in puberty!! Why can't they behave like serious adults? Should be hospitalized and drugged with anti-misogyny pills, imo :P

Or, you know, told that what they're doing is not okay and that they will be banned from XBL/Battle.net/Steam/Origin/whatever if they continue. And then actually doing that if they continue. Seems a much more rational choice, honestly.

...Also, if you think it's just 14-year-olds, I have some bad news for you.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
"
Or, you know, told that what they're doing is not okay and that they will be banned from XBL/Battle.net/Steam/Origin/whatever if they continue.

Aint gonna happen, cause it's not 14yo girl gamers that bring money to those services.

If we are gonna ban people left and right, can we also ban hysterical SJW-s screaming "fucking white male"? Can we please ban women who want to see muscles (muscles or GTFO), since that is sexist and objectification of men?

Can I ban females who look at may ass? I was harassed several times in school this way and have deep emotional scars because of it. They were stripping me with their eyes... :((
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Aint gonna happen, cause it's not 14yo girl gamers that bring money to those services.

If you trust the Extra Credit guys, they have a fair bit to say about this. A lot of women stopped paying for XBL because they weren't interested in paying for the abuse they got on that service. There are a lot of steps you can take short of just banning someone outright, obviously.

"
If we are gonna ban people left and right, can we also ban hysterical SJW-s screaming "fucking white male"? Can we please ban women who want to see muscles (muscles or GTFO), since that is sexist and objectification of men?

Sure! To the degree that these things happen on these services, why not? I mean, it would kind of shock me if that happened with any degree of regularity, but...
"
morbo wrote:

If you have a platform and want to do that, you just need put it on the Terms of Agreement and I think you can do it. If you have enough people to pressure twitter I think you can make them do it too.

"
morbo wrote:
Can I ban females who look at may ass? I was harassed several times in school this way and have deep emotional scars because of it. They were stripping me with their eyes... :((
That should be up to the school-board right? You can ban them from going to your house I guess... If they persist I don't know, maybe you could fetch a restraining order?

I wish I had a ass like yours... God is unfair ;(
"
A lot of women stopped paying for XBL because they weren't interested in paying for the abuse they got on that service.

This is the right (liberal) way to do things. Vote with your wallet, take your business elsewhere, etc. Companies will listen and act, when they will fear profit loss.

But the left is increasingly using the wrong (authoritarian) way to do things: use the government to shut up people. Today is "tits or GTFO", tomorrow will be "you look sexy" and then everyone ends up in a gulag. Harassment, harassment everywhere...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
A lot of women stopped paying for XBL because they weren't interested in paying for the abuse they got on that service.

This is the right (liberal) way to do things. Vote with your wallet, take your business elsewhere, etc. Companies will listen and act, when they will fear profit loss.

Right, but doesn't that kinda... suck? Women leave gaming in droves because they are unwelcome and because a small minority of loudmouthed fucknuggets think casual sexism is hilarious, and what we're left with is a massive sausage party, and a lot less people who identify with our hobbies.

Letting my inner douchebag out for a moment, as a heterosexual dude, I dunno about you, but I think the gaming community is worse for the fact that there are so few women in it, if only because I only get out of the house so often, and meeting more women with my interests would be a nice thing. That and the whole "we're doing a good thing" kinda stuff, obviously, because I wouldn't be a liberal if I wasn't so damn self-righteous all the time. :V

"
But the left is increasingly using the wrong (authoritarian) way to do things: use the government to shut up people. Today is "tits or GTFO", tomorrow will be "you look sexy" and then everyone ends up in a gulag. Harassment, harassment everywhere...

I'm a little at a loss to think of relevant examples related to what we're talking about, gotta admit...
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 2, 2017, 7:24:03 AM
"
Women leave gaming in droves because they are unwelcome and because a small minority of loudmouthed fucknuggets think casual sexism is hilarious,

First of all, "harassing" comments are everywhere, targeting everyone. Maybe women gamers should first grow a thicker skin, rather than throw the towel "in droves".

And secondly youtube & twitch are full of girls shoving their boobs into the camera. Cause they know they can get a lot of views from horny teenagers this way. So, on one side women "objectify" themselves as a mean to raise profits, on the other complain about "harassment"? That's not how things work. You can not have it both ways, sry.

"
I'm a little at a loss to think of relevant examples related to what we're talking about, gotta admit...

Eg: Not using transgender pronouns could get you fined

The "liberal" left gone full retard.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Women leave gaming in droves because they are unwelcome and because a small minority of loudmouthed fucknuggets think casual sexism is hilarious,

First of all, "harassing" comments are everywhere, targeting everyone. Maybe women gamers should first grow a thicker skin, rather than throw the towel "in droves".

Yes, I suppose some women should. For a hobby. Which they choose to do because they enjoy it. And until they do, we shouldn't worry about how shitty our community is, and should just accept that it's male-dominated.

Sounds perfectly reasonable.

From what I hear, it's gotten somewhat better on XBL, but god forbid you're a female games designer, or culture critic, or journalist who talks about video games. You're liable to get doxxed, get death threats (including your home address), and more! Fun stuff. Yeah, they should definitely grow a thicker skin. It's not like you'd be dissuaded if you constantly had shit like this barraging you.

"
And secondly youtube & twitch are full of girls shoving their boobs into the camera. Cause they know they can get a lot of views from horny teenagers this way. So, on one side women "objectify" themselves as a mean to raise profits, on the other complain about "harassment"? That's not how things work. You can not have it both ways, sry.

They don't "objectify" themselves. They simply present themselves attractively. Why do you assume it's for your benefit? And why does that justify being treated like shit, harassed, trivialized, etc.? And when I look at the tournaments I've been to, the women I've seen there are for the most part not dressed to titillate, any more than the men are. Why should they get treated as though they were these streamers? None of this makes sense. You know what it reminds me of? That logic - "Well look at what she was wearing, she was just asking to be raped!" It's just as silly. These women aren't looking to be objectified.

"
"

Eg: Not using transgender pronouns could get you fined

The "liberal" left gone full retard.

Well, let's see here. First off, it's perhaps worth looking at what Snopes has to say. The guidelines are about malicious and repeated refusal to identify transgender individuals as their correct pronouns. It's about discrimination, in other words. Why is this retarded?
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 2, 2017, 8:58:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info