I had an argument with a feminist... My boss.

Here's the conversation:

"Before you leave in few months I need you to train her."

"Yeah sure, anything she might need I might already have a copy of, I think saved all my training paper work."

"Do me a favor go easy on her, she's pretty damn good looking I don't want any guys harassing."

"Excuse me with all do respect I'm pretty sure she can take care of herself..."

"Woman are treated like shit in this industry I don't need a harassment lawsuit."

New hire walks in, early 20's dressed in a pencil skirt with a translucent blouse. Yes too much cleavage but dressed appropriately. After a few introductions and pleasantries. I ask my boss to see me in her office...

"I don't know what's going on but I don't want to train her... Find someone else."

"But your the only one that I can trust to not distract her, I'm sure you know why."

"I'm really not liking this conversation."

"I need you to stop being overly sensitive."

"I'm done I'm talking to HR, we are having a three way conversation right now."

"Hey it's HR what's going on..."

After everything was explained and concerns reached... HR came back with a statement.

"Any discrimination whether implied indirectly or not is taken seriously. We are surprised by her conduct however we appreciate it that you came to us immediately. We are going to have a discussion with your boss, unfortunately we can not discuss about any actions or outcomes."

Headed back to work... Boss gave me the look of death. She whispered, "you're lucky I'm a feminist."

I yelled back, "you can't have your cake and eat it too!"

So quick lesson to every female seeking equality, there's is no special treatment. In other words if you want to be a wrestler don't expect men to go easy because your a woman nor give out moral support. This whole let's empower woman to enter fields that require a bit of testosterone is ridiculous. Liberals... I can't stand you.

I'm all for equality just stop asking for special treatment...

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 27, 2017, 9:23:33 PM
Last bumped on Mar 3, 2017, 1:10:36 AM
Like I said 100x I'll take sharia law over liberalism. Dont understand Trumps problem with Muslims bring em in by freighters
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 27, 2017, 9:34:05 PM
So the rumor is true???? we can win an argument with a woman ohhhhhhhhhh
@solwitch: Your priority seems to be equality. Your boss' priority seems to be avoiding litigation and controversy, with a side of liberalism. I'm pretty sure that upper management is going to agree with your boss on the litigation and controversy score; even if they don't think liberal themselves, they're likely to get bullied into towing the line, from a simple risk management perspective. You're playing a dangerous game with this one. Perhaps still worth playing, but still.

Also, I'm resisting the temptation to derail this thread by attacking Sharia law.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 27, 2017, 9:55:40 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
@solwitch: Your priority seems to be equality. Your boss' priority seems to be avoiding litigation and controversy, with a side of liberalism. I'm pretty sure that upper management is going to agree with your boss on the litigation and controversy score; even if they don't think liberal themselves, they're likely to get bullied into towing the line, from a simple risk management perspective. You're playing a dangerous game with this one. Perhaps still worth playing, but still.

100% agree... ^.^
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
You fucked up lol. Your boss was 100% right. And even if she wasn't, it's your job as an employee to cover your bosses ass.

Anyway I'm so glad I'm not in corporate hell anymore.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
You fucked up lol. Your boss was 100% right. And even if she wasn't, it's your job as an employee to cover your bosses ass.

Anyway I'm so glad I'm not in corporate hell anymore.

Werd. I've actually never worked for anyone. Never will. When they told me I had to go to HS I skipped 6 months and played skyrim. Anyways best option is man up and walk own path
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 27, 2017, 10:27:14 PM
"
solwitch wrote:
Here's the conversation:

"Before you leave in few months I need you to train her."

"Yeah sure, anything she might need I might already have a copy of, I think saved all my training paper work."

"Do me a favor go easy on her, she's pretty damn good looking I don't want any guys harassing."

"Excuse me with all do respect I'm pretty sure she can take care of herself..."

"Woman are treated like shit in this industry I don't need a harassment lawsuit."

New hire walks in, early 20's dressed in a pencil skirt with a translucent blouse.

You had me at Translucent .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qon4UGFMBg

Spoiler
One of my favorite songs.

Had a somewhat similar situation long ago - was told to train a new hire who was extremely gorgeous - if she had been a couple inches taller, she could have been a super model. The difference was I was told NOT to give her any special treatment. The people that hired her expected her to fail. I spent much of my time the first few weeks driving away morons who thought/dreamed they had a chance with her.

She turned out to be extremely capable (she had successfully run a few businesses before), and was promoted a couple levels (by dint of her own hard work and managing skills) before another company offered her more pay.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Am not sure what is worst, women throwing fits over being women, or men throwing fits over women throwing fits. You are supposed to look at them like they are silly and ignore what they say!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 28, 2017, 12:24:51 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Am not sure what is worst, women throwing fits over being women, or men throwing fits over women throwing fits. You are supposed to look at them like they are silly and ignore what they say!

That works until they shag your best friend cuz he listens
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info