[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
g00fy_goober wrote:
- Updated for 2.6 Legacy league

Intro
When I look for "Top Tier" in a build I have many requirements that must be met. I want a build that can clear ALL content (maps/shaper/lab/atziri + ubers etc). It must be FUN and ENGAGING, not cost an extraordinary amount of currency, and have "starter gear + upgradable end game gear viability. On top of this it must have fast movement or move skills and not have to worry about any mechanic issues (such as running out of mana, dying in one hit, not lacking in single target or clearing etc etc.

All in all finding a build that suits me and has all of these things can really be a tall order to fill. Luckily I have perfected my spectral throw ele buzzsaw build. A lot of these ideas are not original I just tweaked things perfectly to fit me. Hope you all enjoy!

Pros
Very fun and engaging build to play
Spectral Throw MTX (buzzsaw or reaver) both look excellent!
Very fast pace build
Incredible movement speed with whirling blades
One of the best AOE clears in the game hands down
Amazing Single Target capabilities as well
Vaal Haste + Vaal Haste take it yet another step further
Ascendancy class gives free frenzy charge on hit AND on kill
Power Charges easy to generate for crowds and single target
Vaal pact + insane damage gives ridiculous amounts of leech
Can Clear almost all map mods easily (except no leech, ele reflect)
Able to do all content (all maps, atziri + uber atziri, all 4 labs, shaper and guardians)
Phasing on your character makes him look badass
Nice defense capabilities
Easy/Cheap to gear with room for lots of improvements as you get more currency

Cons
Ele Reflect maps are NOT possible
Can not leech maps are NOT possible
Can be moderately expensive to fully end game gear
All leech is ele dmg so any physical leech from tree/jewels/gear does not work

Quick Leveling Guide

- Spectral throw can be used to level the entire way through. 4 Link it when you can with added lightning damage, LMP (GMP when you can), and lightning penetration. Can also use WED instead of lightning pen if you want but I suggest the penetration.

- Use any 1 hand rare weapon with the most flat ele dmg on it. Crit/Attack speed don't matter much at this point though I hate slow weapons personally. Base does not matter at all here either. Claws, Swords, Daggers w/e is fine while leveling.

- For armor pieces (helm/chest/boots/gloves etc) just try to get a good amount of res and any life you can.

- Use a mana flask until your mana leech is good enough to sustain your skill. Especially for boss fights in which you will run out of mana quickly. For awhile I do not even use herald of ice, only wrath just to give me more mana. Don't really start using Herald of Ice until I stop using mana flask mostly.

- If it is not the start of a league elreon jewelry while leveling is wonderful. Along with your normal leveling uniques such as: Goldrim, wanderlust, tabula etc.

DPS/Defense

DPS In hideout with just Auras/Golem:

DPS with 8 frenzy + 3 power charges

DPS with full charges + vinktar + atziri

DPS on SINGLE TARGET with Slower Projectiles swapped for GMP:

How Point Blank works:

Defense screenshot:

Gear
Current OP gear on legacy league. You don't need to get this min/maxed for build at all.

Gear breakdown & Stat Prioritization

Helm
Rat's nest is really the only choice here. Highest global crit the better. Crit, attack speed, move speed. Only thing missing on this baby is life.

Weapon
Dagger is required for this build. Can use swords to level as well, but as we go dagger nodes, dagger is needed in the end. Swords can increase ur attack speed but will lower your all around crit. Trust me when I say your attack speed with already be through the roof and dagger and higher base crit is MUCH more important.

Stats: High lightning dmg > High Fire/Cold dmg > Attack Speed > Crit > Crit Multi. Your first "mapping" dagger should be dual ele dmg with crit + attack speed. Upgrade later on to HOPEFULLY Tri ele dmg with 1.7+ attack speed and 8%+ crit. Crit multi is very hard to get with the 5 other mods you need and it will cost you a LOT.

Shield
Lycosidae is truly a great shield. It's stats are not to spectacular but it gives you 100% chance to hit. This allows you to not have to get accuracy rolls on your jewelry and even then you still only have like 92% chance to hit or so. Your res will be easily capped with gear/tree so you don't lose out very much by using this low level unique.

Chest
Belly of the beast is just the best option here. Try to get 40% life they don't really cost that much at all. Huge amount of life and some all res along with awesome gore.

Gloves
A good rare pair of gloves is best here. You can use some maligaro's to up crit and attack speed if you want, but a good rare pair does a LOT more for you. First try to get a good pair of gripped gloves, the bonus projectile damage scales really well.

Stats: Gripped base > High Life > Attack speed > dual res's > flat lightning dmg > flat fire/cold dmg

Boots
Good rare pair of boots is the best option here. Whirling blades is used for 99% of your movespeed. So in actuality movespeed on boots matters little if at all. I like to get a bit just because if I click to pick up item or something I move normally for a second or two. You can get a split base evasion/armor or evasion/es and try to get a good intel or str roll as well. Two Toned base is also a good idea for even more res.

Stats: High life > Tri Res > Evasion > Movespeed

Belt
Another Good rare piece is the best bet here. Easy to get remaining resistances and super high life. Strength on this would be a bonus for your red gems like fortify/reduced mana/Inc Duration and would give you even more life.

Stats: Highest life possible > Finish Resistances you need > Strength > Flask stuff

Jewelry
Jewelry is to fill out as much dmg and the rest of ur defensives as you can. Really good pieces can get really expensive. The good thing is that with belly + rare gloves/boots you should already have a good chuck of your resistances filled out. A lot of my jewelry still has accuracy rolls on it which are meaningless. Diamond Ring base for rings are best (get res ones if you need them, life one also good) Str/Int base for ammy would be best.
Stats: WED > Life > Any remaining resistances > Crit/Crit Multi (Ammy only) > Flat lightning damage > Attack Speed

Jewels
Jewels should ALWAYS have life % on them and then w/e dmg mods you can get. You can also get any stats/res you happen to need but you should already be maxed with the gear that you got. Some good mods on jewels would be projectile damage, attack damage, crit multi, crit multi with one handed weapons, attack speed with daggers, attack speed with one handed weapons, attack speed with daggers. To me a perfect jewel would be something like: 7% life, 12% projectile damage, 8% attack speed with daggers, 18% crit multi with one handed weapons. Start with good 3 mod jewels, life + 2 dmg ones. Upgrade later if your rich or you lucky exalt last mod.

Gems & Links

Body Armor 4L Setup (use for leveling): Spectral Throw > LMP(GMP soon as you can) > Added Lightning > Lightning Pen
5L add Weapon elemental damage
6L add Inc crit strikes
*NOTE* Swap in slower projectiles for GMP on single target kills when needed for map bosses, atziri, shaper, guardians, etc.

4L Setup: Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks > Fortify > Reduced Mana
4L Setup: Orb of Storms > Power Charge on Crit > Inc Aoe > Culling Strike
4L Setup: Minion Life > Wrath > Lightning Golem > Slower Projectiles (just easier than swap)
3L Setup: Curse on Hit > Assassins Mark > Herald of Ice/Thunder
3L Setup: Vaal Haste > Vaal Grace > Inc Duration

Flasks
Vessel of Vinktar is the huge one here. Just a glorious flask all around. Personally I use lightning pen over flat added lightning damage to ATTACKS but I never really crunched the numbers to figure out which one is best.

Crit Chance with Diamond Flask
In general your crit chance should be between 75%-80% based on your gear. With Diamond rings and better INC crit strikes gem should be even higher. Here is a nifty little table that explains it.

No No Map Mods
- Ele Reflect is by far the worse. Single mobs with ele reflect make sure to pop vinktar and you will be fine
- No Leech is impossible as well
- No Regen maps are possible just make sure not to whirl all over as you will run out, Low Regen maps are just fine.

Enchants
Gloves - NONE! Gripped Gloves implicit is best you can get. If you do not have Gripped gloves then get w/e you want.

Boots - Leech is a good option here and probably my favorite. Cannot be stunned is also a good one as is the regen. Best offensive one is the extra attack/cast speed but really is not needed to me. Pick whatever you like.

Helm - 40% ST Damage is BiS. 25% from merc is ok, would really go for 40% though. Other ST ones are not good, do not get them.

Bandits

Oak for +40 life
Kill All for +1 skill point
Kraityn for +1 frenzy charge

Ascendancy Points

Way of the Poacher > Avatar of the Slaughter > Quartz Infusion > Avatar of the Veil

The argument can be made to go for free onslaught instead of the phasing buffs and I would disagree with it completely. I love onslaught, its great but onslaught 90% of time is going to be a waste, you do not need more map clearing speed or damage as you kill everything instantly anyway. I would MUCH MUCH rather have the dodge + spell dodge, phasing (which just looks awesome), and the 40% inc ele dmg. The biggest point here which I love though is the elemental status immunity while max frenzy charges. You are at max frenzy charges like 95% of the time and it makes you immune to shock, ignite, and most importantly chill/freeze INCLUDING CHILLED GROUND MAPS!

Videos
T13 Casual Gorge Run - https://youtu.be/9fuCLGyencw
Uul-Netol Breach - https://youtu.be/oH60kKaKiMQ
T16 Minotaur - https://youtu.be/c1GTEvB9KwQ
T16 Chimera - https://youtu.be/AnBtxlXXAhw
T16 Hydra - https://youtu.be/okQTCIGyqhU
T16 Phoenix - https://youtu.be/0u0I5ypFG0o
Uber Atziri (how to almost fail an uber run) - https://youtu.be/vp01kB5WOII
Shaper (how to almost fail a shaper run) - https://youtu.be/IsjamDjkjkU

FAQ
Why does my damage feel low? The most likely answer is probably because of skill gems. The last few levels on the gems add a HUGE amount of damage as well as quality on all the gems. 21/20 gems are even better. For example the increase from level 20 to 21 on added lightning damage and wrath alone is a huge chunk of damage. Also the higher the ele dmg on your weapon/jewelry the more ele dmg stacks.

Why don't I have enough Str/Int? For level 21 wrath you need a whopping 159 intelligence, and for a level 20 fortify you need 111 strength. The tree gives you a good bit but you have to be mindful of what you will need on the rest of your jewelry/belt/boots. Try to get a good base for your amulet that has either str, intel or a mix of the two. A good strength roll on a belt would also be great.

I don't like this, this, or that with your build. Do I have to do it? 100% Absolutely NO. This is a build that I tweaked specifically to fit me. Do to you what feels right and looks good for YOU. You are the one that has to play it and enjoy it. Trust me when I say if you change your damage by a few hundred or even a few thousand or swap your defenses around it will not make or break the build.

Herald of Ice vs Herald of Thunder Personally I use herald of ice as when monsters shatter (which is like always) it does an aoe effect, this aoe effect curses other monsters. Where as for herald of thunder only curses monsters that the lightning bolt comes down and strikes on. Technically lightning damage will stack a little bit better with your damage due to lightning penetration but the damage difference is not much. Also PERSONALLY I think the aesthetic appearance of herald of ice looks way better

Why do I keep running out of mana? At low levels you WILL run out of mana. Either use elreon jewelry if it is not start of league, or just run a mana flask. Once you get the mana leech node in the big leech wheel and a decent amount of damage you shouldn't really run out anymore. Also make sure you have primal spirit on the tree picked up it gives you a lot of mana!

Hope you all enjoyed the guide and it allows some players to enjoy the game even more. I will be playing this build primarily through legacy league and will be updating it as I go. If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to post as I will keep an eye on the guide consistently and update it as I go.

Hi I know the league is coming to an end and im just about to try this build, I was wondering if itll still be viable in 3.0 and be as budget friendly? I just wanna make more currency there and use this as a base to like build my other characters. Thanks!
Oh please don't quote the whole thread...
"
Jungla_ wrote:

I'm sorry I kinda just joined back and thought he would only get notified if I quoted the build post. So sorry..
"
Chaavy wrote:
"
Jungla_ wrote:

I'm sorry I kinda just joined back and thought he would only get notified if I quoted the build post. So sorry..

To actually answer your question instead of complaining about you quoting something: At this moment there is nothing announced for 3.0 that would impact this build in any negative way. Of course the earliest we could tell you it actually WILL be the same in 3.0 is when the actual patch notes get released, like 2-3 days before the actual launch. So still about a month away in current planning.

EDIT: Just thought of a change that is already announced in 3.0 that might impact this build. But it will impact ALL builds I guess. Due to ES builds getting nerfed there will be a much higher demand for +life items, so it might become harder to gear. But as I said, will affect all life builds^^
Last edited by Mecielle on Jun 14, 2017, 12:07:35 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Chaavy wrote:
"
Jungla_ wrote:

To actually answer your question instead of complaining about you quoting something: At this moment there is nothing announced for 3.0 that would impact this build in any negative way. Of course the earliest we could tell you it actually WILL be the same in 3.0 is when the actual patch notes get released, like 2-3 days before the actual launch. So still about a month away in current planning.

EDIT: Just thought of a change that is already announced in 3.0 that might impact this build. But it will impact ALL builds I guess. Due to ES builds getting nerfed there will be a much higher demand for +life items, so it might become harder to gear. But as I said, will affect all life builds^^

Thank you, Ill be sure to surf around here in the upcoming days then. If nothing changes it means the build will still be a good league starter and to farm uber lab etc? Thanks again!
"
Jungla_ wrote:
So i've been playing around with the beta/pathofbuilding to test if Hyaon's Fury would be a nice option in 3.0 (i doubt it will compete with a GG tri ele dagger in the end) However i can't for the life of me figure out if pathofbuilding actually includes the 12% lightning dmg per frenzy charge. so i figured i would ask here if someone with more knowledge knows how it works!

Hyaon's fury is a very bad weapon. The flat lightning damage is prty good, but overall it has been tested and its prty bad. The crit is low, the attack speed is super low, and you take more damage.

Just a normal leveling dagger would be better.

"
Mecielle wrote:

And on the topic of Dagger vs Foil, I just got this thing for 3ex:

There is no dagger even remotely close to this available at the moment. From time to time one player comes online with a Dagger that is almost on the same level, for 25ex. Just to make it understandable how hard/impossible it is to get a good ele. dagger at the moment :D

Got this dagger for 3 ex:

Now most people I would assume are long done with legacy league (I know I am!) especially with the beta being out now. I wouldn't go by what you can currently find available on poe.trade as that would literally be a fraction of a fraction of what you can normally find. Again not saying foils aren't good in their own right, I just prefer daggers :)

"
Chaavy wrote:

Hi I know the league is coming to an end and im just about to try this build, I was wondering if itll still be viable in 3.0 and be as budget friendly? I just wanna make more currency there and use this as a base to like build my other characters. Thanks!

There really was no need to quote my entire first post lol. To answer that question though, as I have answered many times so far. I don't know. Patch notes are not out, and we only know a few of the changes coming with 3.0. Once patch notes are out I can tell what has changed and what has stayed the same and I will let you know. Just guessing though, I would assume it would be fine.

"
Jungla_ wrote:

Lol I know right. O well we were all new at some point ;)
"
Hyaon's fury is a very bad weapon. The flat lightning damage is prty good, but overall it has been tested and its prty bad. The crit is low, the attack speed is super low, and you take more damage.

Yeah i know the crit/as is pretty low on it, but i was thinking about the 3.0 buffed hyaon's it got a dmg buff to 1-750 and you only take 1% dmg increase instead of 3%, so it would be 7% in total with the "current" amount of frenzies and it's only a level 62 sword that you can farm real easy at the start of a league, I definitely don't think it will be better then a tri ele dagger/foil in the endgame but it should be just fine for the most part.

I will probably test it out in the next beta patch if i can farm the card (and where)
Last edited by Jungla_ on Jun 15, 2017, 8:47:34 AM
Hi g00fy, let me tell you again how exciting this build is to play! I took a break from it a week ago to try SRS, but now got back to this one and boy, is SRS boring compared to this one!!

Also, the only other build that got me comparably far in this game (I'm a semi-casual player) was Warchief Totems, but this one is 2 times more fun to play.

I am actually thinking about playing this one again in 3.0. And the thing with Spectral Throw is, the more I play the better I get at positioning, controlling the spread, etc. which gives a nice feeling of progression.

One thing I don't understand is your DPS, though. You're showing something like 52K in Hideout, with just auras, no charges. I have 19K in the same scenario, with a nearly identical weapon (my gear below). I know it's a claw but the difference on the tree is like 5 nodes and the crit and AS on the claw is almost the same as on your dagger (it's a 336 eDPS, 8.44% crit, 1.89 APS claw, compared with your 337 eDPS, 8% crit, 1.81 APS dagger).

What gives?
Spoiler

Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jungla_ wrote:
"

Yeah i know the crit/as is pretty low on it, but i was thinking about the 3.0 buffed hyaon's it got a dmg buff to 1-750 and you only take 1% dmg increase instead of 3%, so it would be 7% in total with the "current" amount of frenzies and it's only a level 62 sword that you can farm real easy at the start of a league, I definitely don't think it will be better then a tri ele dagger/foil in the endgame but it should be just fine for the most part.

I will probably test it out in the next beta patch if i can farm the card (and where)

Haven't seen/read the changes coming to hyaon so I will be interested in seeing. Will probably most definitely work for a temp I guess, but obviously won't stand up to the higher crit/aps daggers and foils.

"
Jadran wrote:
Hi g00fy, let me tell you again how exciting this build is to play! I took a break from it a week ago to try SRS, but now got back to this one and boy, is SRS boring compared to this one!!

Also, the only other build that got me comparably far in this game (I'm a semi-casual player) was Warchief Totems, but this one is 2 times more fun to play.

I am actually thinking about playing this one again in 3.0. And the thing with Spectral Throw is, the more I play the better I get at positioning, controlling the spread, etc. which gives a nice feeling of progression.

One thing I don't understand is your DPS, though. You're showing something like 52K in Hideout, with just auras, no charges. I have 19K in the same scenario, with a nearly identical weapon (my gear below). I know it's a claw but the difference on the tree is like 5 nodes and the crit and AS on the claw is almost the same as on your dagger (it's a 336 eDPS, 8.44% crit, 1.89 APS claw, compared with your 337 eDPS, 8% crit, 1.81 APS dagger).

What gives?
Spoiler

Really glad to hear your enjoying the build so much. I hope it gets even better in 3.0 but will have to hold our breath and see.

As for your gear. Claw looks pretty solid. Really nice crit and APS on it and ele dmg is prty good.

Dmg builds really fast at the very end of this build with solid gear. So 19k isn't terrible but everything added will bring a lot to the build. Some of those things would be:

- No 40% ST enchant on helm
- Your gems are all level 19, mine are 21
- No quality on almost all your gems
- No level 21 wrath (no need quality on this one)
- No attack speed on gloves
- No WED on belt
- Low to no WED/crit/multi/ele dmg on rings
- Amulet is well not a proper amulet at all lol
- 70% crit roll on rat's nest

All in all a lot of your gear needs a lot of upgrades. Belly is solid, weapon is awesome, shield is fine (only change is like 30-40 life or something, so any is fine, 5% block is max, so think urs is perfect as well!). The rest is pretty bad. I also have nothing against a biscos, but as fast as you can kill/map, mfing is not a priority what so ever. I would change that out, upgrade your gear, level ur gems, get some more levels and your damage will be much much closer.
how would you feel about a Scion approach to this? Slayer/Raider, would use Blood Rage for clear, but gets frenzies on bosses on-hit still. The intent would be for someone who doesn't want to rely on Vaal Pact, because that's the appeal of the 3.0 Ascendant-Slayer changes.

Skill tree would be something like this, i imagine:

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQcACBAAAIDEorvj_roj9o19TZJ_K_1ujbkwfFFHjb_UIz7PvebDOha_JpVh4lVLjDZM_0MxwzNaGtrBdO0FLY1-zZjqYnXLvqdlTb02LlOJ03BSKgtd8isKES8DHh9B62M2PZ2qbIxirFWFpcvnVCT9_9431O0_m7WExdNvbyeaao9gIuoyAbIZz3p679RSdKAGohfcBiB-3Xj5JIsPqxmKlwZHfkrIWlKomptd8pduqrXyNZLYvXvDOygDlm49voBgQ4MJb57KSl-w_o9N46ZXOuHyRf4Kmy1fOYrwxIKwq-jWBbWbJt1GY6cRgdZY4J-E2QJfpAxg3qi7RCX3fXtulyHBfCHQAAAAAAA=

how much do you lose from the Ranger-Raider setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info