[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

I followed the suggested construction (level 92) in this Abyss league, i had fun cleaning maps and killing most of the bosses. Excellent guide, recommended.

With the publication of the new ancendancy for the raider, will this guide for the league that begins in march be viable?.

I say goodbye and i remain attentive to the answers.

Greetings exiled.

P.d: sorry for my English.
Affliction League
IGN: ooO_weichafe_Ooo
"
n3phal3m wrote:
I followed the suggested construction (level 92) in this Abyss league, i had fun cleaning maps and killing most of the bosses. Excellent guide, recommended.

With the publication of the new ancendancy for the raider, will this guide for the league that begins in march be viable?.

Greetings exiled.

I will have it fully updated once patch notes are released
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
n3phal3m wrote:

Greetings exiled.

I will have it fully updated once patch notes are released

Thank you for the answer, i will stay attentive to your publication.

Greetings champion.
Affliction League
************************ ASCENDANCY UPDATES EXPLAINED ************************

So thought I would give a little break down of the new raider ascendancy. In a very general sense Onslaught side was buffed significantly and mostly everything else remains the same (minor move speed nerfs, but again "generally speaking")

Do not forget that our build nets us a total of 7 frenzy charges.

Way of the poacher/Avatar of Slaughter route:

10% attack speed
Frenzy Generation (100% uptime in reality)
14% Move Speed
21% Attack Speed
21% Attack Dmg

In total 31% attack speed, and 21% inc attack dmg is not very much for FOUR ascendancy points, however you have to take into consideration that each frenzy charge grants you in itself... 4% attack speed and 4% MORE damage multiplier. So you also have to factor in 28% additional attack speed and 28% MORE damage.

In essence this path is still the bread and the butter, 100% every raider will get this path including my ELEBUZZSAW.

Now to pick your next path you have to break it down and make a decision on your own... not including the little small nodes just the notables we have the following....

Quartz Infusion/Avatar of the Veil:

6% Dodge
Phasing (100% uptime in reality)
40% Inc Ele Dmg
10% Move Speed
10% Spell Dodge
Immune to status Ailments

Rapid Assault/Avatar of the Chase:

20% Attack Dmg
Onslaught + 100% increased onslaught effect (100% uptime in reality)
40% Attack Speed
40% Cast Speed
40% Move Speed
20% Attack Dmg
25% MORE chance to evade

So now you have some things to decide for yourself and compare with a few things to take note of.

25% MORE chance to evade attacks does not change your evasion rating, it is literally 25% more chance to evade. Currently my build sits around 36% chance to evade an attack, so 25% MORE chance would change this to 45% and would be a 9% extra flat evasion chance.

Phasing a few people on reddit were talking about the movement speed bonus. This is incorrect. Phase RUN gives you move speed not PHASING itself. The only thing phasing does (which it says right on your ascendancy in parentheses at the bottom of the skill point) is it allows you to move through enemies unblocked.

Now the choice you have to make for yourself Onslaught path vs Phasing path:

- The attack damge and the increased ele dmg cancel each other out.

- Phasing means absolutely nothing. It looks cool in game but that's about it. Whirling blades goes through monsters. Unless you are a pure lab runner and want to run through everything it does not effect playing at all.

- Cast speed (from onslaught) means absolutely nothing. We have no spells we cast, though if you want to get technical.... you can spam orb of storms faster now :)

So now we are down to basically this in the decision we have to make:

40% Attack peed
40% Move Speed
9% Flat evasion percent

VS

6% Dodge
10% Spell Dodge
Immune to elemental Ailments

My personal decision and what I will be updating guide to reflect: I will most definitely be taking the new Rapid Assault/Avatar of the Chase Onslaught route over the old Avatar of the Veil + Phasing Route and this is why....

9% flat evasion % is better than 6% dodge by a total of 3% that's right.... I am a math genius, 9-6 = 3!

Evasion does NOT apply to spells only attacks, but spells mean almost nothing in this game unless your doing something like uber atziri. This is the same reason that phase acrobatics was dropped previously because it was not worth the 4 point investment. Trash mobs that deal spell damage don't ever really matter, most bosses don't have/use spells that really matter. We never die/take damage from random mobs casting like fireballs/freezing pulses or discharging or anything. Not saying spell dodge is BAD but for the most part it is trivial.

Movement speed some people are obsessed with but overall doesn't effect this build much. Whirling blades is 99.9% of your movement, so unless you are walking around boss in circles because of laziness or whatever or a piece of gear drops that you just click on to walk a couple steps it doesn't really effect this build at all.

So in reality it comes down to 3% evasion + 40% attack speed + 40% move speed (if you care about the move speed) VS immune to elemental status ailments.

So I will tackle those briefly now. The ailments being discussed are freeze/chill, ignite, shock.

No one cares about ignite. Unless your talking about a few certain instances where you are way under leveled/under geared during the actual leveling process and your like damn that ignite hurt like a mother... ignite just don't matter.

So we have 2 ailments left... freeze/chill and shock. We run a vinktars on build so even though shock in general and shocking ground and such was nerfed by a huge amount, vinktar still gives us 50% increased damage taken.

Well we run a Diamond flask, and anytime we pop utility flask we use vinktar + atziris + diamond at the same time. I mean why wouldn't you... we never just use one of the flasks over the others or w/e. So rolling Shock immune is very easily done to counter that. Now things like shocking ground will still effect us but it was nerfed so much that it is now 20% additional damage instead of 50%. So 20% extra damage from mobs that never touch us because they die instantly does not really matter. Even when they do get hits off b4 they die (which is rare for trash mobs), and go through our evade + block + dodge, 20% increased damage is nothing. Also if you REALLY wanted to, you could easily have 100% uptime on your flasks if racing through a map in 60 seconds as fast as you can is your type of thing.

So all that leaves us with now is freeze/chill. Well we run with 2 life flasks, or some use a wise oak or something instead of a 2nd life flask but 2 flasks to "roll mods on" left. I will stick with 2 life flasks as I always prefer them. One always has immune to bleed on it and the other always immune to freeze.

As great as immune to elemental status ailments is there are still certain situations which it does not work. Things like you join a map and before you even see monsters there is a strongbox and it freezes you when you pop it... or monstrous treasure or something goes off or maybe you had to afk 5 minutes to go to the restroom and grab a drink while in middle of a map or a phone call or w/e the issue... Its rare but sometimes you do not have phasing when you get frozen so you are not immune which is why I run a chill/freeze immune flask anyway.

So in conclusion I love elemental immunity and I will miss it, but it is very easy to roll on the flasks we use, and I would much rather have the extra evasion %, 40% attack speed, and 40% move speed. However if you would rather play more defensively and have the immunity + spell dodge over the extra attack speed that is perfectly fine!

One last thing to note is that the biggest thing that effects me personally without elemental status immunity is chilled ground. Anything that slows me down (chilled ground, tar, temp chains) I absolutely can't stand. It bugs me to no end. However with the brine king ascendancy (even besides for freeze/chill flask) getting the additional boss captures of the pantheon gives you You cannot be frozen if you've been frozen recently and 50% reduced effect of chill which are huge QOL improvements and makes the ascendancy switch just a little bit easier.
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Feb 23, 2018, 5:19:51 PM
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
************************ ASCENDANCY UPDATES EXPLAINED ************************

So thought I would give a little break down of the new raider ascendancy. In a very general sense Onslaught side was buffed significantly and mostly everything else remains the same (minor move speed nerfs, but again "generally speaking")

Do not forget that our build nets us a total of 7 frenzy charges.

Way of the poacher/Avatar of Slaughter route:

10% attack speed
Frenzy Generation (100% uptime in reality)
14% Move Speed
21% Attack Speed
21% Attack Dmg

In total 31% attack speed, and 21% inc attack dmg is not very much for FOUR ascendancy points, however you have to take into consideration that each frenzy charge grants you in itself... 4% attack speed and 4% MORE damage multiplier. So you also have to factor in 28% additional attack speed and 28% MORE damage.

In essence this path is still the bread and the butter, 100% every raider will get this path including my ELEBUZZSAW.

Now to pick your next path you have to break it down and make a decision on your own... not including the little small nodes just the notables we have the following....

Quartz Infusion/Avatar of the Veil:

6% Dodge
Phasing (100% uptime in reality)
40% Inc Ele Dmg
10% Move Speed
10% Spell Dodge
Immune to status Ailments

Rapid Assault/Avatar of the Chase:

20% Attack Dmg
Onslaught + 100% increased onslaught effect (100% uptime in reality)
40% Attack Speed
40% Cast Speed
40% Move Speed
20% Attack Dmg
25% MORE chance to evade

So now you have some things to decide for yourself and compare with a few things to take note of.

25% MORE chance to evade attacks does not change your evasion rating, it is literally 25% more chance to evade. Currently my build sits around 36% chance to evade an attack, so 25% MORE chance would change this to 45% and would be a 9% extra flat evasion chance.

Phasing a few people on reddit were talking about the movement speed bonus. This is incorrect. Phase RUN gives you move speed not PHASING itself. The only thing phasing does (which it says right on your ascendancy in parentheses at the bottom of the skill point) is it allows you to move through enemies unblocked.

Now the choice you have to make for yourself Onslaught path vs Phasing path:

- The attack damge and the increased ele dmg cancel each other out.

- Phasing means absolutely nothing. It looks cool in game but that's about it. Whirling blades goes through monsters. Unless you are a pure lab runner and want to run through everything it does not effect playing at all.

- Cast speed (from onslaught) means absolutely nothing. We have no spells we cast, though if you want to get technical.... you can spam orb of storms faster now :)

So now we are down to basically this in the decision we have to make:

40% Attack peed
40% Move Speed
9% Flat evasion percent

VS

6% Dodge
10% Spell Dodge
Immune to elemental Ailments

My personal decision and what I will be updating guide to reflect: I will most definitely be taking the new Rapid Assault/Avatar of the Chase Onslaught route over the old Avatar of the Veil + Phasing Route and this is why....

9% flat evasion % is better than 6% dodge by a total of 3% that's right.... I am a math genius, 9-6 = 3!

Evasion does NOT apply to spells only attacks, but spells mean almost nothing in this game unless your doing something like uber atziri. This is the same reason that phase acrobatics was dropped previously because it was not worth the 4 point investment. Trash mobs that deal spell damage don't ever really matter, most bosses don't have/use spells that really matter. We never die/take damage from random mobs casting like fireballs/freezing pulses or discharging or anything. Not saying spell dodge is BAD but for the most part it is trivial.

Movement speed some people are obsessed with but overall doesn't effect this build much. Whirling blades is 99.9% of your movement, so unless you are walking around boss in circles because of laziness or whatever or a piece of gear drops that you just click on to walk a couple steps it doesn't really effect this build at all.

So in reality it comes down to 3% evasion + 40% attack speed + 40% move speed (if you care about the move speed) VS immune to elemental status ailments.

So I will tackle those briefly now. The ailments being discussed are freeze/chill, ignite, shock.

No one cares about ignite. Unless your talking about a few certain instances where you are way under leveled/under geared during the actual leveling process and your like damn that ignite hurt like a mother... ignite just don't matter.

So we have 2 ailments left... freeze/chill and shock. We run a vinktars on build so even though shock in general and shocking ground and such was nerfed by a huge amount, vinktar still gives us 50% increased damage taken.

Well we run a Diamond flask, and anytime we pop utility flask we use vinktar + atziris + diamond at the same time. I mean why wouldn't you... we never just use one of the flasks over the others or w/e. So rolling Shock immune is very easily done to counter that. Now things like shocking ground will still effect us but it was nerfed so much that it is now 20% additional damage instead of 50%. So 20% extra damage from mobs that never touch us because they die instantly does not really matter. Even when they do get hits off b4 they die (which is rare for trash mobs), and go through our evade + block + dodge, 20% increased damage is nothing. Also if you REALLY wanted to, you could easily have 100% uptime on your flasks if racing through a map in 60 seconds as fast as you can is your type of thing.

So all that leaves us with now is freeze/chill. Well we run with 2 life flasks, or some use a wise oak or something instead of a 2nd life flask but 2 flasks to "roll mods on" left. I will stick with 2 life flasks as I always prefer them. One always has immune to bleed on it and the other always immune to freeze.

As great as immune to elemental status ailments is there are still certain situations which it does not work. Things like you join a map and before you even see monsters there is a strongbox and it freezes you when you pop it... or monstrous treasure or something goes off or maybe you had to afk 5 minutes to go to the restroom and grab a drink while in middle of a map or a phone call or w/e the issue... Its rare but sometimes you do not have phasing when you get frozen so you are not immune which is why I run a chill/freeze immune flask anyway.

So in conclusion I love elemental immunity and I will miss it, but it is very easy to roll on the flasks we use, and I would much rather have the extra evasion %, 40% attack speed, and 40% move speed. However if you would rather play more defensively and have the immunity + spell dodge over the extra attack speed that is perfectly fine!

One last thing to note is that the biggest thing that effects me personally without elemental status immunity is chilled ground. Anything that slows me down (chilled ground, tar, temp chains) I absolutely can't stand. It bugs me to no end. However with the brine king ascendancy (even besides for freeze/chill flask) getting the additional boss captures of the pantheon gives you You cannot be frozen if you've been frozen recently and 50% reduced effect of chill which are huge QOL improvements and makes the ascendancy switch just a little bit easier.

Very good comparative analysis, thanks for taking some time and updating this great construction.
Greetings champion.
Affliction League
ok so i know i dont have THE best claw, nor life on my ring or amulet, but im sitting at around 59K tooltip dps with aura+golem and around 5200 hp. im clearing most t15 and guardiands but i die so often from random stuff. any1 care to explane?

I don't understand how you can make such a lengthy analysis and still miss the obvious: you won't get 9% evasion chance, but much more. The raider can be evasion caped (95%) with 15K evasion and a blind, you should try for that, it's not even a huge investment.

Just putting a blind in would make you jump from 68% evasion chance (without the onslaught) to 85% (-54% hits taken).
Last edited by Keyen on Feb 25, 2018, 7:38:27 AM
Hi there! Thanks for the great guide! I have a question, I'm going to play spectral throw next league starter, but how come you pick raider over pathfinder? What are the pros and cons? Keep up the good work! <3
"
TectonicDeath wrote:
ok so i know i dont have THE best claw, nor life on my ring or amulet, but im sitting at around 59K tooltip dps with aura+golem and around 5200 hp. im clearing most t15 and guardiands but i die so often from random stuff. any1 care to explane?

Before I even take a gander you would have to explain how you can do guardians but die from "random stuff" what exactly is "random stuff"?

"
Keyen wrote:
I don't understand how you can make such a lengthy analysis and still miss the obvious: you won't get 9% evasion chance, but much more. The raider can be evasion caped (95%) with 15K evasion and a blind, you should try for that, it's not even a huge investment.

Just putting a blind in would make you jump from 68% evasion chance (without the onslaught) to 85% (-54% hits taken).

As ignorant as your statement is I will answer with a few points...

1.) Your not evasion capped. The build has been layed out completely with all gear + investment. As I stated in my analysis I have 36% evasion, and 25% more makes that 45% evasion.

2.) This is not a theorycraft of what can be, or how to get capped evasion on raider. Other builds will have more evasion, some will have less.

3.) I am not swapping other gems out that I use to get a fail blind gem and then something else that I will have to replace to proc it.

4.) I am in no way trying to get evasion capped in this build, its simply not needed. You are a ranged character, map clearing = nothing and almost all bosses = nothing. The only challenging stuff with a fully geared character would be like shaper + guardians and mostly if you don't know the mechanics. I am a complete noob player, I never follow the super meta and I don't have any issues with guardian/shaper on this build at all. The only thing I struggle with slightly is no more instant leech, no more phase acrobatics and doing uber atziri. I have very little experience with it and yet I still manage to do a few runs each league I do this build.

Simply put, 45% evasion is fine, more is better, but I won't sacrifice passives nor gear, nor gem slots to get more because it is not needed.

So in conclusion if your just going to post and make ignorant comments feel free to not post at all.

"
KopkameKopka wrote:
Hi there! Thanks for the great guide! I have a question, I'm going to play spectral throw next league starter, but how come you pick raider over pathfinder? What are the pros and cons? Keep up the good work! <3

This is pretty straightforward, I mean look at the ascendancys... I have nothing against pathfinder but its not hard to compare 2 classes. The only flasks we use have almost 100% uptime for everything except like a couple guardians and the shaper fights because there are so many mini phases to that fight. Plus the only flasks we use are diamond + vinktar + atziri. Having ton of extra damage, attack speed, frenzy generation, additional charges is going to be much better overall than having slightly more uptime on 3 flasks only for shaper and a coupole guardians.

I have not played a pathfinder in a LONG time, and again I have nothing against the class, but IMO there are very few builds that I think pathfinder would be the best choice for. Flasks have just been nerfed to much.
Quick question, so my friend isnt playing the game and lent me some of his gear he used to farm maps (biscos,ventors and a item quantity gem). I mainly just play shaped channels, vault and spider forest so i dont really need crazy dps/health for those maps. Which gem do you recommend i swap out for the item quality gem to get the most use out of it? Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info