[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

Hi all! I need more out of this build. It's GREAT! but where can I make it better? THX!

"
jeremydchance wrote:

Hi all! I need more out of this build. It's GREAT! but where can I make it better? THX!

Improve piece by piece... your life flask are for lvl 42 f.e... you need only one...get a Diamond FLask drop your mana flask it is normally not necessary. Drop Voidbringer gloves. Also quality on your flasks... A vaal spark with quality would also be nice. I would drop berek and get a ring with a curse on hit and life on hit with spells or something like that.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Can anyone speak to the tankyness of this build? I know the OP includes verbiage about layered defenses (should a mob not die on freeze), but I really don't see any layered defenses to speak of built into this build. No passives, no gear, etc. Can someone help me understand?

I am trying to roll a "tanky boss killer", and I'm really tired of going all-in on builds advertised as such, only to hit 80 (with the right gear, yes) and realize they are squishy af and I've wasted my time & currency :(
"
Can anyone speak to the tankyness of this build? I know the OP includes verbiage about layered defenses (should a mob not die on freeze), but I really don't see any layered defenses to speak of built into this build. No passives, no gear, etc. Can someone help me understand?

I am trying to roll a "tanky boss killer", and I'm really tired of going all-in on builds advertised as such, only to hit 80 (with the right gear, yes) and realize they are squishy af and I've wasted my time & currency :(

it is not a tanky bosskiller
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"

I wouldn't recommend this build as a boss killer.
Yes, I cleared my first ever UE (2 sets of portals) with this in 3.5 weeks of total playtime (2 of which were in synthesis), but imo the real test is in delve bosses (since you have only 1 life there).
So far I have been unable to kill any delve bosses whatsoever with this build, even tho I have 1m shaper dps, 4.8k life and 1.4k ES when I gear for it.

Under the defensive section, the following quote can be found:
"
CWDT (lvl 2) + Immortal Call (lvl 4) + Enfeeble (lvl 6)
This setup helps us to avoid getting oneshotted and in boss fight it necessary for sustain and helps a lot to survive!

CWDT + Molten Shell + Summon Lightning Golem

This does not account for the immortal call nerf at all. Nowadays you need endurance charges for IC to be useful, and the build does not (reliably) generate endurance charges, ESPECIALLY in boss fights.
For mobbing, legion, etc. The build does not struggle because the enemy does indeed die or freeze before you do, assuming you have some projectile speed (~70%).
In general tho, I would not recommend this build to kill bosses, and I wouldn't even recommend this build unless you're league starting. If you have the resources, the truth is that you should just pick another skill and get a build for that, preferably one from poe.ninja.
I found it a very enjoyable league starter, but this is the only build I've ever played.
That said, if you do decide to run this for glacier farming or other, run arc instead. It'll give you a 10% more dps increase without any further changes to the build, and it is so much better than spark at glacier farming.

TL;DR: In my experience this build will properly beat the shit out of all content you can throw at it, apart from delve bosses. It's a good allrounder, but if you have a specific goal in mind, spark is not the gem to do it with.
Last edited by Iterniam on Jul 13, 2019, 12:37:39 PM
Anyone have any ideas on what my next upgrade should be?

Last edited by turkeyguy0 on Jul 13, 2019, 8:28:50 PM
"
turkeyguy0 wrote:

spark lvl 21 with 20% quality for a start

then shield and wand also get a helm with enchantment get rid of that forbidden taste garbage and get max roll ele to chaos atziri flask , craft damage on ur belt instead of armour

anticurse flask , quicksilver with speed roll , remove that faster casting and replace with spell echo
Last edited by Vaikisss on Jul 14, 2019, 7:06:50 PM
My numbers show me, while a little less DPS
Are better. Is this wrong?
"
Vaikisss wrote:
"
turkeyguy0 wrote:

spark lvl 21 with 20% quality for a start

then shield and wand also get a helm with enchantment get rid of that forbidden taste garbage and get max roll ele to chaos atziri flask , craft damage on ur belt instead of armour

anticurse flask , quicksilver with speed roll , remove that faster casting and replace with spell echo

Wow, I missed a lot of stuff... almost a miracle that I'm as far along as I am.

Shield and wand are out of the question at the moment, budget doesn't allow for upgrading these currently, only working with 2ex right now.

haven't gotten damage from leo yet for the belt, I think this is my next move asap.

forgot all about the atziri flask.

Thanks a bunch for all the suggestions!

So I'm bouncing around some T16s no problem, maybe the occasional death from Legions but I feel like I've plateaued at 256k DPS in tooltip.

I got about 20EX to work with, any recommendations? Thank you for all the input earlier @Valkis it helped quite a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info