Well hello there :)

"
鬼殺し wrote:

We served our purpose. Most of you got a shiny pen to write with upon retirement. I probably pissed off too many clients to get that, but I hear they left one on my old desk and never let anyone else sit there.

is that relating to the "valued poster" tag? i thought you declined it?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
It wouldn't have gone down well. Sooner or later I act very unvalued.

dito. while my main intention is always helping other players to enjoy the game as much as i do, i often don't show them the appropriate respect. partly due to anglosaxons having a different understanding of "nice language" than germans but to a big part it also depends on my mood. which varies ;)

i really liked the stuff you wrote above about regretting how you dealt with strangers, i'm already over this and decided to not question or regret decisions i took intuitively or after evaluating factors that lead to some decision.

trusting your own instincts is essential for your self confidence and regretting decisions you made with certain assumptions is nonsensical cause they were valid at that time even if it turns out later that they're wrong. you only had that info at the time you decided something.

for example i would never regret having supported ggg even if chris closes ggg and runs off with the money to a southern island drinking pinacolada all day.
supporting something with a uncertain outcome is always gambling. who regrets a loss shouldn't gamble.
Last edited by vio on Mar 1, 2017, 9:52:27 AM
Regret is useless. Learning from potential mistakes, however, is vital - else you're doomed to repeat them.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
Regret is useless. Learning from potential mistakes, however, is vital - else you're doomed to repeat them.

We're doomed to repeat them anyway. Human nature. I don't think your self-aware pedestal is *that* far above the usual tendencies. I mean, you're still here too. Still making the same arguments, which indicates they probably haven't been won yet and probably never will be.

Unless, I suppose, you do that without regret. Which is...interesting.

We're all repeating the same song, I'm repeating mine with the knowledge it'll probably go unheard, but even if it helps a little bit here and there, it's still fine. And, in the end, I'm just talking to myself. That's all we're really doing. So, no, I don't regret a thing. And, as I said, regret is useless.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
vio wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
It wouldn't have gone down well. Sooner or later I act very unvalued.

dito. while my main intention is always helping other players to enjoy the game as much as i do, i often don't show them the appropriate respect. partly due to anglosaxons having a different understanding of "nice language" than germans but to a big part it also depends on my mood. which varies ;)

One thing I learned is not to force yourself to be overly polite or rude. If you are naturally polite and address everyone with respect, go for it. If you don't... well, forget about VP tag. :D

Forcing yourself to act in certain way is something that needs your constant attention. That, in turn, is pretty bothersome and tiring. At some point you are so tired of acting that you either fuck up, or simply give up.
This leaves you not only tired of trying, but also disappointed that you haven't managed to do what you wanted to do.
Unless you have a motivation that you really care about (and not that you force yourself into, because reasons), you will always get tired of something and quit eventually.

I know this is probably the most anti-motivational speech ever, but honestly, I think many people are unhappy because of unrealistic expectations about themselves, and unreachable goals they set for themselves, making them constantly disappointed and tired of trying.

Embrace your misery and be happy about it. :D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 2, 2017, 3:19:50 AM
"
Perq wrote:
I think many people are unhappy because of unrealistic expectations about themselves, and unreachable goals they set for themselves, making them constantly disappointed and tired of trying.

Embrace your misery and be happy about it. :D

imho, the energy one gets after realising that it's folly to actively try to change other people leaves plenty of room for improving yourself :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info