[2.6] Wild Strike - Raider / Amazing Clearspeed / Kaoms's Heart 1h + Shield viable! / Guardians down

So in PoE builder in every single scenario, Ele Focus gives more damage....but a significant amount. Why are you switching ti Incr Crit damage? What am I missing here. I agree with having Assassins mark instead of ele weakness because of Power Chargers but I'm failing to see why crit damage is better than focus.
"
JohnnyManziel wrote:
So in PoE builder in every single scenario, Ele Focus gives more damage....but a significant amount. Why are you switching ti Incr Crit damage? What am I missing here. I agree with having Assassins mark instead of ele weakness because of Power Chargers but I'm failing to see why crit damage is better than focus.

PoE builder calculates with Ele weakness being up all the time.
But With Elemental Focus, this is not the case. It can be up sometimes, but due to the nature of Ele Focus, it proccs very rarely.

With Assasins Mark, Power Charges are always up, Herald of thunder with curse on hit proccs all the time so that enemies are allways cursed.

But for Boss fights, like Izaro, Atziri etc, Ele Focus will still be better than the Crit Gem.
Even if you take off ele weakness the damage is still more, I feel like I'm missing something. What do you mean by "ele focus doesn't proc enough" isn't it just always "more" damage?
"
JohnnyManziel wrote:
Even if you take off ele weakness the damage is still more, I feel like I'm missing something. What do you mean by "ele focus doesn't proc enough" isn't it just always "more" damage?

Im running this gem setup:

Herald of Thunder - Curse on hit - Assasins Mark

If I'm, running:
Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Ele Weakness + Ele Focus in main 6-Link, the Herald of Thunder will not reliably procc, so that Curse on hit Ele Weakness will not apply.

But dont get me wrong. There is no HUGE difference. It just feels better right now with the ASsasins Mark / Crit Dmg Gem setup.
But I've leveld all the way up to Level 90 with Elek Weakness / Ele Focus, it works perfectly fine too.
Added new Videos.

1:45 min Gorge Run
Uber Lab
It's simple, ele focus doesn't proc herald of ice shatter so you won't curse mobs and gain power charges, that's why you just need it on guardians/shaper... for mapping is not needed for a crit build. And you absolutely need power charges + crit gem. If you play with no crit but elemental overload of course you will use it.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Hey there, I did some grinding since last post and am 91 now.
Went for a belly as a chest as you suggested, and I'm slowly upgrading my gear to try and get t1 WED and t1 life on my jewelry. I got 6400 hp and hit 85k hideout tooltip, 190k with charges (actual dps should be better as it does not take phys conversion into account and my sword has quite some). I'm doing red maps comfortably at this point.

Some changes I did relatively to your build:
- no vaal pact yet. At the moment I don't feel the need to, but as my gear upgrades I might need to eventually to survive reflect. Still no vinktars either, but I'll end up taking both.
- I run acro/phase acro + vaal grace. I feel more confident with these in breaches and against essence monsters/map bosses. I generally kill map bosses under 6s anyway.
- my 6l is WS-MS-WED-ICS-added lightning-added cold. I replaced faster attacks with added cold to shatter more consistently, and then proc herald of ice/curse on hit/assassins mark. I find it more reliable to keep the power charges up than herald of thunder. However on maps with high ele resistance or equilibrium I swap this for herald of thunder/CoH/ele weakness, it's better to curse single mobs.
- to compensate with taking out faster attacks I got t1 attack speed gloves, and I put my hands on a starkonja's head with perfect life roll and 40% wild strike damage enchant
- can't quite balance my res perfectly for wise oak sadly :( a shame, my char is named TheWiseOak...

Overall the build is so enjoyable to play, and there are always upgrades to do, that I might even try to hit my first lvl 100 with it :)
Last edited by Ningishzida on Mar 20, 2017, 6:27:51 AM
This build is viables to Shaper and Uber Atziri?
"
Ningishzida wrote:
Hey there, I did some grinding since last post and am 91 now.
Went for a belly as a chest as you suggested, and I'm slowly upgrading my gear to try and get t1 WED and t1 life on my jewelry. I got 6400 hp and hit 85k hideout tooltip, 190k with charges (actual dps should be better as it does not take phys conversion into account and my sword has quite some). I'm doing red maps comfortably at this point.

Some changes I did relatively to your build:
- no vaal pact yet. At the moment I don't feel the need to, but as my gear upgrades I might need to eventually to survive reflect. Still no vinktars either, but I'll end up taking both.
- I run acro/phase acro + vaal grace. I feel more confident with these in breaches and against essence monsters/map bosses. I generally kill map bosses under 6s anyway.
- my 6l is WS-MS-WED-ICS-added lightning-added cold. I replaced faster attacks with added cold to shatter more consistently, and then proc herald of ice/curse on hit/assassins mark. I find it more reliable to keep the power charges up than herald of thunder. However on maps with high ele resistance or equilibrium I swap this for herald of thunder/CoH/ele weakness, it's better to curse single mobs.
- to compensate with taking out faster attacks I got t1 attack speed gloves, and I put my hands on a starkonja's head with perfect life roll and 40% wild strike damage enchant
- can't quite balance my res perfectly for wise oak sadly :( a shame, my char is named TheWiseOak...

Overall the build is so enjoyable to play, and there are always upgrades to do, that I might even try to hit my first lvl 100 with it :)

Very glad to hear that you like it so much!
And also thankful for your suggestions and changes. I think these are all very reasonable, i might even try them out my own.
I do wonder about no Vaal Pact, but I've never tried it without, so I cant judge that. If it works, perfect! Acro and Vaal Grace sounds pretty good to me. I do have Vaal Haste, but i almost never run it due to its low duration. So i think I might swap in some Vaal Grace too!

The faster Attack / Cold Damage swap and AS gloves sounds pretty awesome too.
I couldnt get any WS Damage enchants what so ever, so I went for the extra chains. Mirirn yours :P

Vinktar is worth the investment for sure. You will see how your damage goes through the roof on tough bosses like guardians with it!

Thanks for the reply and keep going!

I am currently uploading Videos from my Guardian Kills.
You can't do any atziri because random reflect, while shaper can be done but you need some experience and a good dps ( and i always done it as CI ).

http://i.imgur.com/imKexPf.jpg
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info