[2.6] Wild Strike - Raider / Amazing Clearspeed / Kaoms's Heart 1h + Shield viable! / Guardians down

"
Ningishzida wrote:
Hello there, I am doing the same kind of build right now in legacy SC (did it myself, though its very very similar to yours) but I'm struggling with mana right now, with a 6l and 1.9aps weapon... does vinktar alone solve all your mana issues or did you have to use some leech, reduced mana jewels or mana gained on hit somewhere ?
I'm only 73 at the moment, maybe I just need more flat mana from levels to scale leech and regen but it feels kinda bad to have to use a mana flask with attack :/

I only have 1 mana attack damage leech node from the passive tree. The one at the bottom of the tree next to Vitality Void. The one that gives 0.4% Life/Mana leech. But other than that, there is no mana gain anywhere.

I only have Mana Problems while Whirling Blading through a map with "no mana regen" map mod. But in combat, I never run out of mana ever.
Yeah my bad I had some piece of gear with attack leeched as mana but I did not see it was physical one :p with a single point in the tree it goes very well now.

I'm still running a tabula at 83 now (I like too much the 6L), which chest would you advise? I was thinking of a legacy lightning coil eventually, basically because it synergizes very well with Vinktars and possibly purity of lightning to mitigate both phys and reflect (majority of our damage is lightning). Easy to colour as well (so is belly of the beast)
"
Ningishzida wrote:
Yeah my bad I had some piece of gear with attack leeched as mana but I did not see it was physical one :p with a single point in the tree it goes very well now.

I'm still running a tabula at 83 now (I like too much the 6L), which chest would you advise? I was thinking of a legacy lightning coil eventually, basically because it synergizes very well with Vinktars and possibly purity of lightning to mitigate both phys and reflect (majority of our damage is lightning). Easy to colour as well (so is belly of the beast)

I highly prefer belly of the beast.
If you can manage to get your resistances equal, The Wise Oak is very powerfull offensively and also defensivly.

Right now i've got 6.1k Life, with Lioneyes Shield even 6.6k Life.
I think this is the best option really.

Also resistances are not easy to max out. Having -60 Lightning from coil is very rough. Running a purity for that is not worth it IMO
what do you drop for a 5 link? Faster attacks or ICC/Focus?
"
JohnnyManziel wrote:
what do you drop for a 5 link? Faster attacks or ICC/Focus?

Elemental Focus gives you the most Damage, but it usually is my 6th link.
So i think i'd drop that. Faster Attacks is also defensively good as we leech faster
You should use another gem setup
, you are playing crit with no charges and no crit gem, ele focus is needed only for guardians / shaper, so It's better to have 3b for swapping it
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
You should use another gem setup
, you are playing crit with no charges and no crit gem, ele focus is needed only for guardians / shaper, so It's better to have 3b for swapping it
so to this mans point, what if instead of normal rare boots, we used windscream boots for an additional curse and ran blasphemy with assassins mark? this would mean dropping wrath but I think overall it would add better damage. On PoE building it adds an additional 35k overall damage. Against bosses I think wrath would be superior if there were no atts to build power charges but otherwise I thnk assassins mark would be the way to go
No, just link assa mark with herald of ice + curse on hit thats enough (this is another reason because ele focus is bad for mapping). Then on bosses orbs of storm + curse on hit + ele weakness ( + pcoc )
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on Mar 15, 2017, 4:29:59 AM
I've tested around with Assasins Mark/Windscream Dual curse, Assasins Mark Crit Gem etc.

These are all good options.
I also know that Elemental Focus is not optimal for mapping and I used a Crit gem instead up until level ~ 85.

Right now, i feel strong enough to simply go for Ele Focus. Trash dies so quickly anyways and it is the best Damage setup (according to Path of Building).

Assais Mark / Crit Gem is very good too and you can run with this setup no problem.

Regarding Windscream:
First: Dont run Blasphemy. Use Herald of Ice / Herald of Thunder + Curse on hit!

Windscream is not bad. But i highly prefer Rare boots with 80+ Life and Res. My Damage is already good enough, i prefer to stay above 6k Life instead of another Damage boost.

e:
A little comparision with Path of Building:

Ele Focus, Ele Weakness, no power charges
486k effective Dps.

Crit Damage, Assasins Mark, 3 Power Charges
453k effective DPS.

Windscream (dual Curse):
Ele Focus, Ele Weakness, Assasins Mark, 3 Power charges
698k effective DPS

Crit Damage, Ele Weakness, Assasins Mark, 3 Powercharges
605k effective DPS

Ele Focus is always higher Dps than Crit Gem.

When i was lower level, I used the Crit gem for mapping and Ele Focus for bosses.
Now, i just go all out Ele Focus and Ele Weakness.

Herald of Ice / Herald of Thunder still trigger, even with Ele focus!
It only triggers less frequently

I've tried both now ingame. I don't know which one I like more. They are both good viable options. I guess it is up to you!
Last edited by RDeschain on Mar 15, 2017, 3:17:35 PM
Ok, I've done some more mapping, especially on higher tier maps.

I just wanted to confirm:

Assasins mark + Increased Critical Damage is BETTER.

This is, i guess, due to the unreliable procc of Ele Weakness with Ele Focus.
Power Charges are up all the time in maps compared to that.

So yes, thank you for pointing that out, Assasins Mark and Crit gem is superior!
Thank you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info