Legacy Item Distinction

I would like to suggest that the color scheme for legacy items in the Lab Green that has been revealed for the shiny relics in legacy league be applied to all legacy variants, of course without the rainbow effect. It would be absolutely invaluable to traders and new/returning players alike to have this visual cue available.

Please support this initiative.

Apparently this was not descriptive enough so here is the suggestion broken down into its individual parts added after multiple misunderstandings of my original suggestion:

What do?
- Change the background and text color of legacy items to reflect the green color palette introduced for legacy league.
- Changes apply uniformly across all non-current items regardless of their rarity or existence of multiple legacy versions.

Why do?
- Promote mechanics literacy among the people playing the game.
- Clearly indicate a game feature that is otherwise invisible to a player unless they go looking for it or have two items to compare.
- Improve trade health in game by decreasing the scamming potential available to scum.

How do?
- Legacy items clearly have unique references that allow them to exist with their values.
- Produce script that changes the color value for all non current-items to the one introduced in the legacy league, WITHOUT THE FOIL EFFECT.
- Since its a blanket change affecting all legacy uniques, it should not be hard to write that.

Yeah after realizing how screwed GGG is in terms of their infrastructure for updates and game design I think I will stick to advocating new features.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Feb 21, 2017, 9:08:11 PM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2017, 11:35:57 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What about items like Rumi's that now have 2 different legacy values? Facebreakers also, come to think of it. When you say "without the rainbow effect" you mean just give old legacy items a green color (instead of the normal unique brown/orange), but without the "foil" effect?
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
What about items like Rumi's that now have 2 different legacy values? Facebreakers also, come to think of it. When you say "without the rainbow effect" you mean just give old legacy items a green color (instead of the normal unique brown/orange), but without the "foil" effect?

Indeed just give them that lovely green as a rarity tier, for double legacy I suggest no special changes, research and understanding within the various legacy versions should still be left up to the enterprising player. However, the visual distinction of discontinued items should be clearly apparent and I feel is sorely needed.
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Indeed just give them that lovely green as a rarity tier, for double legacy I suggest no special changes, research and understanding within the various legacy versions should still be left up to the enterprising player. However, the visual distinction of discontinued items should be clearly apparent and I feel is sorely needed.

Because there are so few of these left, I don't really agree. Other than the influx of "new legacy" items from the next league, its not like the number of them on standard is going to increase... Basically the only reason for this would be to let returning players know that they have an item that has gone legacy... which should be up to them to figure out.
U MAD?
There is a not trivial number of uniques that have been changed. I know you are only thinking about the ones that have a better legacy version, but many have a worse. Just going to the unique belt page of the wiki the first one I see is 5 down on the page: The Magnate. Do you really want all the uniques that have more than one version to have a green color?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I'm confused, do you want everything about it to match or just the 2d art or just the color?

Because its my understanding that they were purposely different so they can be identified as coming from this legacy league, not pre-existing from back in the day, which is important.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Because there are so few of these left, I don't really agree. Other than the influx of "new legacy" items from the next league, its not like the number of them on standard is going to increase... Basically the only reason for this would be to let returning players know that they have an item that has gone legacy... which should be up to them to figure out.

I understand perfectly that this game does not do a lot of hand holding for the player, I have been playing it for years. However, there is a fundamental difference between hand holding and withholding vital information about game mechanics from the player. Unfortunately when a lot of quality of life changes are suggested on the forums they fall into the hand holding kind and warrant the cookie cutter, knee jerk reaction your reply constitutes. However, this is not one of them, having a cue in the game that prompts people to do the research to understand that legacy items are a thing in the game is a necessity and this is the perfect time to have it implemented.

"
mark1030 wrote:
There is a not trivial number of uniques that have been changed. I know you are only thinking about the ones that have a better legacy version, but many have a worse. Just going to the unique belt page of the wiki the first one I see is 5 down on the page: The Magnate. Do you really want all the uniques that have more than one version to have a green color?

Yes, I want it for all those items, I believe it will promote mechanics literacy in the game.

"
goetzjam wrote:
I'm confused, do you want everything about it to match or just the 2d art or just the color?

Because its my understanding that they were purposely different so they can be identified as coming from this legacy league, not pre-existing from back in the day, which is important.

What I am asking for is that their nameplate be changed to the green tone used for the league. No difference in the art, no foil effect. That way the league items stay unique since they are foil and legacy items are easily distinguishable.
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Feb 21, 2017, 4:50:35 PM
"

"
goetzjam wrote:

What I am asking for is that their nameplate be changed to the green tone used for the league. No difference in the art, no foil effect. That way the league items stay unique since they are foil and legacy items are easily distinguishable.

I think there has to be a better way to do this then to change the color of the background of already existing items (even if it was possible)

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"

"
goetzjam wrote:

I think there has to be a better way to do this then to change the color of the background of already existing items (even if it was possible)

Cool, what do you have in mind?

Because I don't take "there has to be a better way" as a valid point of conversation.

Also a side note, yes, its clearly possible.
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Feb 21, 2017, 5:09:50 PM
"

Cool, what do you have in mind?

Because I don't take "there has to be a better way" as a valid point of conversation.

Also a side note, yes, its clearly possible.

IDK this issue doesn't really concern me enough to burn brain power on it, only that I don't think its a good idea to take anything that is being done for legacy league items and copy them over to regular legacy items, defeats the purpose of making them different looking at all in that case.

You have no idea if its feasable for them to retroactively change stuff like that. Previously and the whole reason why legacy items are a thing in the first place, is because they don't want to have to manually fix or change every single item, which IMO would be what is required if they wanted to add something special to legacy stuff.

Furthermore, GGG has indicated that sort of thing requires downtime you've been around long enough to know GGG doesn't do downtime...

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info