New Unique Items in Content Update 2.6.0

lots and lots of life WutFace
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
Edit: Oh, it's per 10 dex. That's kind of lame. :-/ So with a 500 dex char you'd only get 50 life. I feel that 3 life per 20 dex would have been more reasonable and 1 life per 5 dex, or 2 life per 10 would have made the boots very good. As it is they're just ... meh.

We already have int-stacking meta builds that can hit over 1800 int. The only reason those boots look lame is cos we don't currently have as much of a meta of dex-stacking builds. If and when we do, they'll give more life in a boot slot than any other boots in the game (including Kaom's Roots, while still giving sockets). Add to that the movespeed, regen, ground effect immunity and decent evasion (which a dex-stacking build would focus on) and they have the potential to be very good. But, just like Whispering Ice, HoWA, etc., you'll have to build for em' to really get the benefit.

Int is currently the only stat worth stacking because of the defensive benefits that far outweigh defensive benefits of str/dex and because ES is, well, overpowered.
If they add a weapon which has weapon damage scaling similar to HoWA, but for dex (Yes, I know HoWA's AS scales with dex, but, meh...), I can see this being used as a main pair of boots. Maybe in combination with perfect form, since it has up to 10% increased dex...

But, yeah, I ignored the regen because... Vaal Pact. That might change in the future.
In the current meta, the boots are just ok-ish. Which makes me hope they are common enough to have for those annoying ground effect maps.

ES, and possibly Vaal Pact too, are being rebalanced in 3.0. Also, as the guy above mentioned, we already have at least one good dex-stacking build - Iron Commander. I suspect a few more will come up in time.
"
Can't tell if it's a homage to blood dance or dancing on their grave. Hmm.

:(

Edit: You should try to contact support about getting your boots buffed for 3.0.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 20, 2017, 10:50:30 PM
Can we please get some lightning love? Fire has everything and when I look at my options for lightning, (unique or skill gem) I just feel like I have way less options. I would really like to see a Lightning Storm skill come in The Fall of Oriath. It would make me very happy.
very beautiful staff
Garukhan's Flight, the life of those boots are underwhelming. I need to have at least 900 dex to have a comparable life to rare boots. You're pretty much a sitting duck with these boots when you realize that they give you so little life for not much return. Yeah, the ability to ignore ground effects is great for end game, but having much lower life and no resis isn't worth it. I would be better off with dealing with the ground effects and rely on status immune flasks or just use an ascendancy class that ignores status ailments.

If they had 2 life per 10 dex then that would be worth the trade off and would reward those builds that heavily invest into dex.
"
AllHailBlobs wrote:
Garukhan's Flight, the life of those boots are underwhelming. I need to have at least 900 dex to have a comparable life to rare boots. You're pretty much a sitting duck with these boots when you realize that they give you so little life for not much return. Yeah, the ability to ignore ground effects is great for end game, but having much lower life and no resis isn't worth it. I would be better off with dealing with the ground effects and rely on status immune flasks or just use an ascendancy class that ignores status ailments.

If they had 2 life per 10 dex then that would be worth the trade off and would reward those builds that heavily invest into dex.

It is tailored to builds like Iron Commander that can go over 1000 dex with some effort.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 20, 2017, 10:50:52 PM
Interesting anchor, I hope those damage mods are low-end.
I think with Tidebreaker, we can make some interesting crit vigilant strike builds. We bypass the vigilant strike cooldown by spending an end charge which we'll never run out of with the end charge on melee stun. Also since vigilant strike cannot be evaded, we don't have to worry about accuracy and can go crit.
crap

WEll, at least now we won't have any priece surprises, after vendoring 100 items that looked like 1 jewller item, then discovering it was like 50c or something.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info