New Unique Items in Content Update 2.6.0

2D art looks nice on these
Last edited by Aust1n on Feb 20, 2017, 10:15:45 PM
"
I called for an anchor as a weapon a while back - very cool.

Listen very carefully POE, there had better be a lot of unique 3d art with 2.6 or there will be consequences!

I'm guessing that the recent lack of unique 3d art is due to the 3d modeling people working on the expansion and the supporter packs. (I'm hoping for an armor set in the 3.0 supporter packs!)
Once 3.0 is done, they might focus a bit on unique 3D art.

The only reason I hope Breach stays in the game is that it has some pretty sick 2D art and I want to see it translated into 3D models.
The Perfect Form, HoWA, Xoph's bow... even the summoner sword are all pretty darn awesome.
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Tidebreaker! Make Leapslam Great Again!
LS+STUN+FA
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Eh.... More "lets solve melee issues with items instead of actually addressing mechanics". Its a nice mace for stunning, dont care too much about the stave. The boots are competitive for the slot thats for sure.

Did i miss something? where exactly did it say ''We are solving melee issues (whatever they are...since melee issues =/= current state of life,so hence there are no melee issues per say) with this random post of upcoming uniques!''?
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Eh.... More "lets solve melee issues with items instead of actually addressing mechanics". Its a nice mace for stunning, dont care too much about the stave. The boots are competitive for the slot thats for sure.

Did i miss something? where exactly did it say ''We are solving melee issues (whatever they are...since melee issues =/= current state of life,so hence there are no melee issues per say) with this random post of upcoming uniques!''?

I think he meant the fact that one of the issues is that stuns are somewhat underwealming and nobody uses stun-related gems. Maybe.
Avert thy gaze, child!

Standard Warrior
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
Edit: Oh, it's per 10 dex. That's kind of lame. :-/ So with a 500 dex char you'd only get 50 life. I feel that 3 life per 20 dex would have been more reasonable and 1 life per 5 dex, or 2 life per 10 would have made the boots very good. As it is they're just ... meh.

We already have int-stacking meta builds that can hit over 1800 int. The only reason those boots look lame is cos we don't currently have as much of a meta of dex-stacking builds. If and when we do, they'll give more life in a boot slot than any other boots in the game (including Kaom's Roots, while still giving sockets). Add to that the movespeed, regen, ground effect immunity and decent evasion (which a dex-stacking build would focus on) and they have the potential to be very good. But, just like Whispering Ice, HoWA, etc., you'll have to build for em' to really get the benefit.

They go extremely well with this, for instance - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shaper%27s_Touch
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 20, 2017, 10:23:13 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
Edit: Oh, it's per 10 dex. That's kind of lame. :-/ So with a 500 dex char you'd only get 50 life. I feel that 3 life per 20 dex would have been more reasonable and 1 life per 5 dex, or 2 life per 10 would have made the boots very good. As it is they're just ... meh.

We already have int-stacking meta builds that can hit over 1800 int. The only reason those boots look lame is cos we don't currently have as much of a meta of dex-stacking builds. If and when we do, they'll give more life in a boot slot than any other boots in the game (including Kaom's Roots, while still giving sockets). Add to that the movespeed, regen, ground effect immunity and decent evasion (which a dex-stacking build would focus on) and they have the potential to be very good. But, just like Whispering Ice, HoWA, etc., you'll have to build for em' to really get the benefit.

My first thought was Iron Commander builds, they already stack dex out the wazoo.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I think he meant the fact that one of the issues is that stuns are somewhat underwealming and nobody uses stun-related gems. Maybe.
No, its the fact that instead of addressing how things function for melee theyre putting them on weapons which are just a band aid fix to a larger issue.

This mace is a great example because its a QOL fix for endurance charges on melee builds. You dont need to slot in enduring cry with this item and you get extra benefits from having the inherent stats from the gem. Instead of making enduring cry/buff mechanics better for melee characters, theyre "fixing" it by making it inherent/automated. Its no secret that refreshing charges as melee is annoying as fuck, this mace makes it less annoying.

At the same time it fixes nothing because stun immune mobs/map mod, youre forced to reroll the easiest map modifier for the weapon to function properly.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Ravenstrider wrote:

Int is currently the only stat worth stacking because of the defensive benefits that far outweigh defensive benefits of str/dex and because ES is, well, overpowered.
If they add a weapon which has weapon damage scaling similar to HoWA, but for dex (Yes, I know HoWA's AS scales with dex, but, meh...), I can see this being used as a main pair of boots. Maybe in combination with perfect form, since it has up to 10% increased dex...

But, yeah, I ignored the regen because... Vaal Pact. That might change in the future.
In the current meta, the boots are just ok-ish. Which makes me hope they are common enough to have for those annoying ground effect maps.

Edit: Gods damn it! Forgot about Iron Commander. xD
Avert thy gaze, child!

Standard Warrior
Last edited by Ravenstrider on Feb 20, 2017, 10:30:53 PM
Since I'm gonna try ssf nooone of these matter :D # theoddsoffindingomeamdgettingasixlinkonit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info