Lightning Strike

Lets say you use the aura hatred, are the projectiles going to also have the +cold damage bonus? or only when you hit a monster at melee distance?
IGN: KiWiLinVincible
Why would the projectiles not benefit.
because they are lightning and hatred is cold damage?
...It's an Attack. Attacks use your weapon. Does your weapon deal Physical damage?

Damage Based on X is calculated before conversion (so Hatred works full-force), but even if it came after, LS only converts half your Physical damage, as explicitly mentioned in the description; it *always* deals Physical damage.
so hatred doesnt work on projectiles
I don't even.

I explicitly mention Hatred works at normal strength, because the Projectiles deal Weapon damage, which always includes Physical. Yet you manage to come to the conclusion that it doesn't work. Somehow.
how does that make sense, the skill says it transfer physical damage into lightning which becomes LIGHTNING projectiles... that deals cold damage???
no... its an attack and all of it (melee and physical) is half physical half lightning and because it is an ATTACK it has benefit from hatred as extra. because it is a weapon it gets benefit from weapon elemental, and gear flat boosts.
Does anyone know what happens with quality lightning strike + fork? If the initial projectile missed the piercing and proceeds to fork, will the forks projectile have a chance to pierce as well?
I have two questions about LS.

1. Dmg benefit from str with Iron Grip is added only to the remaining 50% phys dmg, right?
2. Projectiles launched by shift + click on the ground can't miss, right? And Resolute Technique is useless then?
Last edited by oqurde13 on Mar 20, 2013, 5:44:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info