Tempest Shield

"
Btah wrote:
1% Increased Lightning Damage per 2% quality

thx btah
maybe a witch can make something out of this skill dmg wise.
anyways. the 10% additional block makes it a must have for every melee build with shield in my opinion. the block is totally worth it. and increased duration workes well with this..
Last edited by el_puno on Mar 15, 2012, 10:46:03 PM
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7

whats the quality modifier now? + light dmg as before?
if its flat 4% block this drops from must have to almost useless for melee.
The 0.97 patch nerf seems to me to have been a bit excessive, just switching this to a skill that reserves mana was a pretty big nerf as trying to use it with an aura now is pretty prohibitive. Nerfing the block chance to 40% it's previous value on top of this seems pretty harsh. I basically don't see why anyone would bother using it anymore, I think the blocking percentage should be at least 6-8% if anyone is going to be tempted to use it, the damage it does is simply not significant enough in proportion to what you can do with offensive skills to give it much appeal.
Ya a big nerf on two fronts, the block % and the high mana reserve amount needed instead of the cheap mana cost to cast it every 40 seconds.

I understand you wanted to nerf people getting to the block cap of 75% so easily but I really think the mana reservation for tempest shield is to high, either lower that or increase the damage it does by a fair amount.
I would really like to see this skill go back to being castable. I kind of liked renewing it every 60 seconds.

Sort of gives you something to do, other than pressing the left mousebutton all the time. :)

Don't mind the nerf to block rate so much though. All the shields were buffed, so it stays almost the same.

But the mana reservation was a really bad move in my opinion.

I'd really like it to be castable again. Even if the duration was lower. 24 seconds maybe? That's 36 seconds with an increased duration gem, which makes it almost as it was before, without any support.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
well i like the mana reservation BUT its way to much make it 10% OR a flat amount would be even better its absolutly useless on bloodmagic builds with % like everything with %

well i dont care about the block chance, but the DMG is way too low, or at least make it hit the blocked guy and jump over to everyone near him.

whatever u do, do this : MORE dmg LESS mana%

it eatesup so much mana u cant really make a build out of this skill with supports and imo in POE u should be able to make a build with EVERY skill.

i really would love it if i would shoot out lightning at enemies that got blocked(ranged)and melees so u could use multiple projectiles with it or something
Last edited by NoXterium on Mar 20, 2012, 2:29:40 PM
25% mana reserve for 4% block chance is a bit excessive. I had to stop using it entirely.
Last edited by Kess9215 on Mar 20, 2012, 10:42:08 PM
I really like that i don't need to cast it every minute, but skill needs too much mana, with to low block rate. Lower the mana request, or increase the block.
Last edited by Ragnar119 on Mar 20, 2012, 3:10:29 PM
It's not just a 4% block chance though. You also get any modifiers that are linked, so it is still a useful skill. For example, on my frost witch I add a cold damage gem and crit gem, and mobs that manage to hit me have a 40% chance of freezing, dying, or doing zero damage. So from a defensive standpoint, its not a bad skill. Whether it is the best gem to use your mana on, I won't comment on until I have tried more aura's.

I have killed chaos mobs with a block though (wimpy one's) and I can imagine a build may still be based on it as stuff is added to the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info