Tempest Shield

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.6 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2022, 7:13:50 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Since this is so new, can you explain what quality % does to this ability?

Does it affect spell blocking?

Ranged physical blocking? (haven't really used a shield yet, wondering how this would work though)

Can you have both the molten armor and tempest shield on at the same time?

Is your shield considered a weapon for "weapon elemental damage"? Is it considered a spell for damage?
Last edited by sanddemon on Feb 8, 2012, 2:28:15 AM
"
sanddemon wrote:
Since this is so new, can you explain what quality % does to this ability?

Does it affect spell blocking?

Ranged physical blocking? (haven't really used a shield yet, wondering how this would work though)

Can you have both the molten armor and tempest shield on at the same time?

Is your shield considered a weapon for "weapon elemental damage"? Is it considered a spell for damage?

Yes, you can have both molten and tempest.

Tempest requires a shield. Molten does not.
Pretty sure Tempest is a spell.
So can anyone clarify what will scale the damage of this skill??

(elemental damage% and or spelldamage% and or elemental damage on weapons% and or lightning damage on weapons% , projectile damage? or whatnot?)

Would like to know what will benefit it
It works like a spell - Anything that affects spell damage will affect Tempest Shield. Lightning Damage, Crit chance, spell damage, etc.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Feb 8, 2012, 7:39:28 PM
Man this thing is powerful! Even if you ignore the damage and just look at the block chance, it increases my overall survivability vs weapon attacks by 26%! Heck that's even better than the Acrobatics keystone! That's compounded with the great synergy when using Energy Shield since it gives you a better chance of not interrupting your regen.

After getting it set up with support gems and trying it out, its damage is already pretty close to my main attack's damage even at this low level. I can't wait to see how strong it gets later on.

One of the problems I'm noticing with it is that evasion is checked first, so high evasion means less damage which is a bummer. So far it doesn't seem like it's ready to be a primary attack - enemies attack pretty slow, and the damage it deals isn't one-shotting mobs left and right like the rest of my attacks, but it doesn't need to be that good since this and my main attack aren't mutually exclusive. Irredisregardless of any of that, hopefully I'll see a decent damage increase in the coming levels.

Probably the biggest problem with this skill though, is that the best base Focus in the game is currently the level 35 Tribal Focus, since it's the highest level focus with 35% base block. It's really unintuitive. I have no idea why you would vary block so much among foci, since block is worth so much more than Energy Shield, but using any other shield with less block is way too huge a penalty to take regardless of item level.

Lv72 Witch, Power Charge/Crit focus, no elemental specialization.
Last edited by Strill on Feb 8, 2012, 11:14:20 PM
Oh and I can think of one thing it really needs right away - a distinctive sound when its time limit runs out so you don't forget about it.

Also, why does this skill have so much minimum damage? Shouldn't it be like all the other Lightning Damage skills with really low min damage and really high max damage?
Last edited by Strill on Feb 9, 2012, 3:43:54 AM
This skill is so amazing! The glowing shield graphic it adds is so beautiful. Paired with molten shield my templar is like an elemental wrecking ball. Only level 11, but I was so surprised at how great Tempest Shield was I wanted to leave feedback in case others were on the fence about trying it.

Will update with more comprehensive feedback after level 60.
i got around 4-5 times game chras when i leveled up this skill today.
Is the damage dealt on this instantaneous, projectiles, or PBAoE?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info