Predict 3.0, win a Mirror of Kalandra

"
Solrach wrote:
The two difficulties will be divided by a Cataclysm event caused by the Beast. This was Malachai's goal so that he could reshape the world and destroy his enemies. Chris did mention how successful pallet swaps have worked for the experience of diversity in map areas. I think the two difficulties will be affected by some amount of pallet swaps and other balance, visual, and story changes to create a more seamless experience.

Also, because of the need to ease the new player experience there may be some tutorial content added before Twilight Strand.

Faendris, what do you think of my post?

Two difficulties divided by Cataclysm (Cataclysm used because ggg has that word in the lore) event caused by the Beast.

"
Your triumph over the Beast has had unforeseen consequences. The dormant gods of Wraeclast, once suppressed by the Beast, have regained their divine powers.

Pallet swaps and other balance, visual, and story changes to create a more seamless experience.

"
In Part Two, a set of five new Acts, you will weave through both new and recognisable locations throughout Wraeclast, witness the results of your past deeds, and even confront the gods themselves.

"
thotbott wrote:
Guessing by the pic, jason statham, the mechanic was a master teaching a student, am guessing that there is a new master comming that can offer previous league gear or maps with previous league mods like zana does. Also the chance of them having a league specific unique at level 8 as well as selling things like talismans etc in their shop.

shameless plug for my suggestion of maps with previous league mods. i was so close in regards to the league :D
"
Faendris wrote:
Preliminary result: I did go through all the pages in the thread to see who came closest. Dark_Chicken was the first to suggest that all difficulties would be removed: "Remove difficulties, having only to do the entire story once and zone level scaling.". I have not managed to find a post that got closer to what was actually announced (specifically adding a lot of new acts). Just in case that I overlooked something I will wait for another 24 hours before handing over the mirror. Please post in this thread if you feel that I overlooked something.

Well, everyone knew cruel was getting removed because Chris himself said so on Reddit.

The additional (5 to 9) acts are basically a randomized storyline from Act 1 onward.

As I preducted:

"
My prediction and the mechanic for 3.0 that will addresses a common problem of ARPGs in a unique fashion:

Randomly generated story and quests.

This will make Act bosses random, all quests random and in fact Act tilesets themselves random.

Example:
Act 4 becomes an Act 1 tileset.
The first quest generated is to find the 3 Busts and bring them to Hargan who is now an NPC in Act 1 town.
The generated Act boss is Hillock on steroids. etc..

I hope my guess is right, irregardless of the mirror.
I just want these changes.
Thank you, guys, for all the additional feedback. I do realize that this is no simple decision. So far, I am still convinced that Dark_Chicken is the correct selection. I do appreciate that with some interpretation other submissions are equally valid candidates. What puts his suggestion ahead (in my opinion) is that he was very clear in his statement that there will be only one difficulty level in 3.0. Again, this is somewhat subjective and not clear cut.

"
Faendris wrote:
Thank you, guys, for all the additional feedback. I do realize that this is no simple decision. So far, I am still convinced that Dark_Chicken is the correct selection. I do appreciate that with some interpretation other submissions are equally valid candidates. What puts his suggestion ahead (in my opinion) is that he was very clear in his statement that there will be only one difficulty level in 3.0. Again, this is somewhat subjective and not clear cut.

We still don't know how the removal of acts will affect the game mechanically(resistances, lab, etc.), so there's still a chance that somebody else was "more right".
Tbh, if I were you, I'd wait for that and then split the mirror between the best guesses.

If you decide to do it this way, feel free to leave me out of the rewards, since my guess was related to the mechanics and I don't want it to seem that I am suggesting this because of that fact.

(But, yeah, sad I didn't see this comming. It was staring us in the face with Nesa and the stairs and things.)

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
When I think of what difficulty in POE I consider it to mean the negative resist applied and lab points earned each repeat. Do you think the negative resists are actually gone? That seems more difficult than just spreading it out through the acts or keeping it in some form. Otherwise it would require changes to stats. Have they said how this is handled?
Last edited by Solrach on Feb 15, 2017, 12:04:01 PM
"
StDrakeX wrote:
I would say Ascendancy is a mechanic though, and the reduction of difficulties not so much. Unless you're talking about the mechanics of a portal that you go through that changes the world you've come to know, kinda like Cataclysm was for WoW

I do think about it the same way BUT it's Faendris Mirror. ^^ So grats to Dark_Chicken!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Aramil wrote:
Didn't go through the whole thread, so I don't know if it has been posted yet.. but here is my prediction:

After finishing normal difficulty you won't just get teleported back to act 1 merciless (since cruel will be removed) but there will be a meaning to the 2nd playthrough: maybe the first difficulty was just a dream or something similar. The second playthrough will have additional mechanics added, from previous leagues and map mods and the areas will appear slightly different.

I was close :)
"There are worlds that lie beyond the edge of my page, the edge of my understanding. Worlds of wonder. Worlds of terror." Aramil - Cartographer to Emperor Chitus

2018 Fan Art Contest Top 20: view-thread/2186731 ||| 2014 T-Shirt Contest Winner: view-thread/759460 ||| "Lost Worlds" Div Card Creator
congrats to Dark_Chicken

(not salty about mirror, iam salty about underwhelmed by the hinted-at expectation)

..if the 10 acts, 1 difficulty is really the "wacky mechanic" Chris Wilson hinted at...

... then thats fucking lame, cause we were told that YEARS ago... sooo underwhelming, im expecting something waaay cooler...

.. not to mention NES and SNES ARPG games didnt have this "problem" ... its not even a problem, it was a design made by Diablo that seemed really cool back then, the real problem is GGG adopting it..

watch though, they still havent told us everything!! .. they said they had "ALOT" to tell us, and theyd tell us in the coming weeks

"
on the Oriath page it says:
https://www.pathofexile.com/oriath

"
Skills, Items and Improvements

The Fall of Oriath is our largest content expansion ever. It includes new skill gems, unique items and much more!

We'll reveal full details over the coming weeks.
Last edited by CaoMengde on Feb 15, 2017, 4:10:12 PM
Well done Dark_Chicken!

Is that an oxymoron?

@Faendris: with the end of Breach and the rolling over of stash contents, if you need the space, You can give me one of your other extra mirrors! I have a tab for it!
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info