If you play PoE on a laptop you have no right to complain about performance issues

"
PAULdx wrote:
Laptops are almost as fast as desktop computers that I don't understand why there are so many people still interested in desktop computers, or see laptops as unfit for working and gaming duties. Having a portable computer is almost always better than having 15-20% more performance.

And modern wi-fi routers do not add any latency to your network connection.

I guess that the OP has never used a laptop or a good wi-fi connection yet :(

I have both but much prefer desktop

Laptops are pretty noisey especially gaming laptops. My desktop is silent. It's watercooled and fans only like 600 rpms over radiators. laptop fans in the thousands of rpm when they get going. Plus they are small and whiney instead of large 120mm fans whirling.

Upgrading. You can upgrade anything at anytime is desktop vs laptop people usually just buy a whole new one when something craps out or system gets old.

Parts are faster on desktop as you note because thermal issues in such a small form factor like laptops so everything is "underclocked" compared to desktop variants. Then you can overclock much higher as well in desktop if you choose.

Laptops KB, monitor, speakers, and mouse are crap compared to desktop so you have to "dock" anyway for a decent experience. Might as well have it always "docked" to good peripherals in desktop form.

Customization. What if I want samsung 850pro SSD. I have to throw away generic SSD that come in laptop and buy higher perfmance samsung SSD as opposed to buy that exact SSD from start.

Cost. You can build a really good computer for ~75% cost of similar laptop. little faster speeds as well.

I'm not a bum living on friends sofas or in college or have any need for portability. I have a large office with a big desk. Desktop and two 24" monitors fills the space. So only thing that makes laptops better, portability, I dont need.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 6, 2017, 4:01:44 AM
Sooooo

someone owning a "MSI GT73VR Gaming Laptop" should not complain as well?
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
My PC is worse than many laptops out there. Do I have the right to complain?
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
Last edited by MBQ on Feb 6, 2017, 6:11:24 AM
"
MBQ wrote:
My PC is worse than many laptops out there. Do I have the right to complain?

Yes, because logic.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
D3 runs fine Mr clever guy. so it is performance issues
Last edited by SilentStorm625 on Feb 6, 2017, 9:21:08 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
PAULdx wrote:
Laptops are almost as fast as desktop computers that I don't understand why there are so many people still interested in desktop computers, or see laptops as unfit for working and gaming duties. Having a portable computer is almost always better than having 15-20% more performance.

And modern wi-fi routers do not add any latency to your network connection.

I guess that the OP has never used a laptop or a good wi-fi connection yet :(

I have both but much prefer desktop

Laptops are pretty noisey especially gaming laptops. My desktop is silent. It's watercooled and fans only like 600 rpms over radiators. laptop fans in the thousands of rpm when they get going. Plus they are small and whiney instead of large 120mm fans whirling.

Upgrading. You can upgrade anything at anytime is desktop vs laptop people usually just buy a whole new one when something craps out or system gets old.

Parts are faster on desktop as you note because thermal issues in such a small form factor like laptops so everything is "underclocked" compared to desktop variants. Then you can overclock much higher as well in desktop if you choose.

Laptops KB, monitor, speakers, and mouse are crap compared to desktop so you have to "dock" anyway for a decent experience. Might as well have it always "docked" to good peripherals in desktop form.

Customization. What if I want samsung 850pro SSD. I have to throw away generic SSD that come in laptop and buy higher perfmance samsung SSD as opposed to buy that exact SSD from start.

Cost. You can build a really good computer for ~75% cost of similar laptop. little faster speeds as well.

I'm not a bum living on friends sofas or in college or have any need for portability. I have a large office with a big desk. Desktop and two 24" monitors fills the space. So only thing that makes laptops better, portability, I dont need.

Also Laptops are easier to steal.
Laptop are not that good not that bad.
PC are top notch.
Xbox One is GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouwdcrddfVk
Can cook some eggs on it.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Feb 6, 2017, 11:20:12 AM
If a dude with a laptop cannot complain about performance issues

But a dude with a top End gaming desktop gets performance issues

and the dude with the laptop gets performances issues from the same source as the topendg gaming PC, is that dude with the laptop allowed to complain?

My dell xps ran POE perfectly until 2.0 destroyed performances

tldr: STFU with ur stupid statements, laptops can have great performances, stop whiteknighting GGG's spaghetti code... They said it theirself that they are still suffering from a game built from scratch by wondering coding hands.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 6, 2017, 5:33:01 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
If a dude with a laptop cannot complain about performance issues

But a dude with a top End gaming desktop gets performance issues

and the dude with the laptop gets performances issues from the same source as the topendg gaming PC, is that dude with the laptop allowed to complain?

My dell xps ran POE perfectly until 2.0 destroyed performances

So it plays POE badly but what's the quality of the toast it makes like? Nicely browned all over or do the edges get blackened while it's still white in the middle?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
Last edited by MarloStanfield on Feb 7, 2017, 5:23:15 PM
You are well above recommended specs, but your game still lags? You have notebook? You have no right to complain.. yeeeah OPs' logic.

Problem is obviously in game code... Everyone knows is. If you have weak pc/laptop.. sure, you are laging because your pc is weak. But problem is, that you can have 100 to 5 FPS jumps.. and thats just fucking problem. Not to mention that this game is lagging even on absolute top speced PCs when you are playing in party....

Really interested about 3.0.. I think they have to adress those issues to be able to release it on XBOX.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info