If you play PoE on a laptop you have no right to complain about performance issues

"
satanttin wrote:

Still would be nice if they put up the recommend specs for 0 lag tho xd

I'm afraid quantum computers are still in experimental state.
"
Serafim_94 wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

Nothing to do with quantum computers - network traffic can only reach the speed of light, so there will always be lag.
Although, if you sat only a few meters away from the servers you'd probably have close to 0.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Serafim_94 wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

nice joke there xD
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
If you play PoE on a laptop you have no right to complain about performance issues

I'm using PoE on both a laptop and a personal computer they can handle battlefield 1 and are mid-end setup. None of them can handle Path of Exile in a 3+ party depending of skills used performances end to become really poor in all cases.

I think you started this thread a bit angry about players that were using laptop and complaning about path of exile performances ( still wonder the reason you made this thread to be honest ).

The problem with Path of Exile is not using a laptop and having performances troubles or not, and more or less that this game is a century behind some others games in term of built-in technology and still ask two times more ressources than some recent games.

Thanks to the transparency of this studio we know why at least. Game has been built on a bad basis and GGG is doing the best they can to improve this mess.

Nothing related to laptops we are not in 2000 they can handle most of games for a fair price now-a-days you know and with decent to great results.
I will give you one point sometimes problem is clearly between the chair and the keyboard and even for PoE it's the case some players are just not setting up their system in the right way and end with lot of issues in games. But that's for both PC and Laptop users.

Issue is not from the laptop ( Except low end setup of course ). It's from the game.

I can provide additional infos and show you how much FPS i've in different games and different ressources used for them compared to Path of Exile. Numbers are useful to argue on something.

In short: I've the right to complain about laptop and PoE if i want you are not in position to change that but most of time i'm mostly laughing hard seeing performances fails with Path of Exile. Always fun to see players that invested 300 hours in a league dying because of that. Then come the reddit thread, the forum thread, the copy of the removed reddit thread posted again, the copy of support answers regarding this issues posted on reddit, and then a new patchnote announced, etc ... Couldn't expect better from this game :D
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Feb 4, 2017, 10:01:20 AM
I've got a laptop that PoE runs just fine on.
Onto wifi vs wired connection, why do people even consider wifi as suitable for online gaming? Please educate yourself about why it's such a terrible idea.

The interference from your microwave (which probably has a better spec than your "gaming laptop") is wrecking your connection stability but that's GGG's servers to blame right right?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
Last edited by MarloStanfield on Feb 4, 2017, 1:44:36 PM
You're just mad cause you can't afford convenience. Don't play down laptops because some do a better job than most built pcs. It's always broke gamers talking out of their butts.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"If you play PoE on a laptop you have no right to complain about performance issues"

Lie.
"
Necromael wrote:
Game runs more smooth on my laptop which is very bad, than on my amd desktop pc.

Literally this, My Desktop can handle anything I have thrown at it with the highest of settings but my laptop handles POE so much better
Magic: The Gathering - the only context where "This flavor sounds green" would even remotely make sense.
What's the point of this thread? Seems pretty pointless to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info