Weekend of Races!

Really? Spent a bunch of time on races over the weekend. Hit level 10 a bunch of times and missed it a couple. Was sure I understood how prizes worked. I even did a google search to be sure. Came across a thread talking about earlier racing leagues where people could get multiple prizes in a single race if they started more than one account in the race and leveled each of them to the level required. Winning multiple prizes in a single race isn't allowed anymore.

So today, after the race weekend, I read comments saying that you could only get ONE Stormcaller Mystery Box for the entire weekend no matter how many races you ran. Uhhhh... Really? Totally baffled by this interpretation of the words in the announcement. Sounds like I wasted many hours over the weekend that I wouldn't have if the wording was clear.

"By reaching level 10 in any race you will be awarded a Stormcaller Mystery Box [SMB]. This applies only once per account. Multiple level 10 characters will not grant multiple mystery boxes. If you're participating in a race that starts at a higher level, you would need to get 10 levels above the starting level to be awarded a mystery box. For example, if the race starts at level 28, you'll need to get level 38."

My breakdown of the wording...

"
By reaching level 10 in any race you will be awarded a SMB.

So for that "race" (singular), you can only get one SMB. Got it. "Any" [single] race. It doesn't say in any races (plural). It doesn't say one SMB total for all races for the entire weekend. It says "in any race" (singular). That first statement of that paragraph is then the base assumption for the rest of the paragraph.

"
This applies only once per account.

Right... for that race, you can only get one SMB.

"
Multiple level 10 characters will not grant multiple mystery boxes.

Right... Multiple level 10 characters in that race will only grant one SMB.

So that sounds very clear to me. You get one SMB (maximum) for any race you reach level 10 (or 10+ levels from starting level). No prizes for the cutthroat races.

What am I missing?
"
Hamzen wrote:
Really? Spent a bunch of time on races over the weekend. Hit level 10 a bunch of times and missed it a couple. Was sure I understood how prizes worked. I even did a google search to be sure. Came across a thread talking about earlier racing leagues where people could get multiple prizes in a single race if they started more than one account in the race and leveled each of them to the level required. Winning multiple prizes in a single race isn't allowed anymore.

So today, after the race weekend, I read comments saying that you could only get ONE Stormcaller Mystery Box for the entire weekend no matter how many races you ran. Uhhhh... Really? Totally baffled by this interpretation of the words in the announcement. Sounds like I wasted many hours over the weekend that I wouldn't have if the wording was clear.

"By reaching level 10 in any race you will be awarded a Stormcaller Mystery Box [SMB]. This applies only once per account. Multiple level 10 characters will not grant multiple mystery boxes. If you're participating in a race that starts at a higher level, you would need to get 10 levels above the starting level to be awarded a mystery box. For example, if the race starts at level 28, you'll need to get level 38."

My breakdown of the wording...

"
By reaching level 10 in any race you will be awarded a SMB.

So for that "race" (singular), you can only get one SMB. Got it. "Any" [single] race. It doesn't say in any races (plural). It doesn't say one SMB total for all races for the entire weekend. It says "in any race" (singular). That first statement of that paragraph is then the base assumption for the rest of the paragraph.

"
This applies only once per account.

Right... for that race, you can only get one SMB.

"
Multiple level 10 characters will not grant multiple mystery boxes.

Right... Multiple level 10 characters in that race will only grant one SMB.

So that sounds very clear to me. You get one SMB (maximum) for any race you reach level 10 (or 10+ levels from starting level). No prizes for the cutthroat races.

What am I missing?

You just get 1 box for reaching level 10 in any of the races per account. That's it.
It says "in any race" which means it doesn't matter which one.

It does NOT say "in each race" or "in every race".

For me the wording was blindingly clear.
Last edited by blah2k6 on Feb 14, 2017, 1:20:08 AM
So... where the prizes?
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
still didnt got my SMB
Has anyone received a mystery box yet?
"
cyconet wrote:
Has anyone received a mystery box yet?
dont think so
No box :'(
when will we get the box?
wow how impatient can some1 be? :)

actually from my expirience it allways takes a few days until u receive it BUT u ALLWAYS get it so keep patience and wait.

By the way don't forget, GGG has to sort tho ALL races, to make sure every1 gets one Box only independent on how many races you've participated.

just my 2 cents and cheers,
Sanu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info