[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
intered14 wrote:
The Infernal Mantle (with socketed gems +1) is very rare with 3red, 2 blue gems. Are there other options also instead of this?

for example 3blue, 2 red? And what gems should be used then?

Controlled Destruction and Fire Penetration are about equal in strength, so BBBGRR is:

Echo, Minion Damage, Controlled Destruction, GMP, Flame Golem, Empower 4 (or Fire Penetration if you cannot afford Empower 4))

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Is it HC viable ? If then could someone post me a pob link so i better see gear and links.
How much empower 3or4 is mandatory ?

Hey!

Build is not designed specially for HC, but multiple players have tried it in HC. Not sure how far they have survived with it.

In theory if you overlevel your minion gems and you level far enough, minions should not die in any boss battles. This drops you chance to die massively, as enemies have other targets to aim at.

While leveling, taking extra life and ES nodes when maxing minion numbers might be good idea.

Empower is great dps / survival boost for Golems. Empower 1-2 do almost nothing and can be replaced with fire pene, before getting emp 3-4.

"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
I was excited to try this build out. This is my first time really playing the game, and I have a bunch of different characters and builds I want to try out, but this one is the one I focused on putting together most recently...

Problem is, now that I have most of the gear I need, I found out that Primordial Might and Anima Stone cost just under and just over 200 chaos each; I do not have anywhere near those amounts of currency yet. It's such a bummer, being stopped by a few super important, super expensive, items at the last hurdle... =/

What do? Just stay with spectres until I can afford them, or luck out and find them on my own? I'll probably just play a different character if that's the case... Sadness.

The most wonderful aspect of this guide is the fact that it goes very in-depth regarding this specific scenario. Check the 'leveling' section and 'different minions and how to use it' - with special attention to spectres. I haven't reached that point yet, but from what I understand, spectres alone should carry you very far, to the point where you should be able to afford the required jewels.

Also, remember to convert ALL currency to chaos; some people are not aware that they might be carrying around 200+ chaos worth of various lower currencies. For example, 16 alteration, 20 whetstones, 3 silver coins, 8 jewelers, 2 fusings... all of those equal 1 chaos (if you are patient for the market to move to these prices, just use a premium tab + poe.trade), and I haven't listed everything.

For example, I've been experimenting a bit in league, and not a single one of my characters has reached even level 60 yet; however, I've already amassed more than 200 chaos, and that's after buying a lot of stuff for my wife - together with that, it would be at least 300. I'd say, at least 70% of those came from trading lower currencies, 25% from selling items/prophecies (2 jewellers touches, woohoo) and 5% self-found.

So yeah - the prices for anima stone and prime might shouldn't look THAT scary, if you consider all these things. Most likely, you won't even have to specifically farm anything to get those 2 jewels once you reach the point where spectres stop carrying you.

"
Hey again Mika

So i am still kinda poor in the league so far, i went necro and am level 57, starting using my 3 golems for dps and they are doing wonderous. But i feel truly that i will not be able to get to the anima and other expensive primordial jewels and endgame gear, cause of such little currency, i was wondering if its best to use my respec points and go elementalist for the long run.......

Hey and glad to hear your excited about the build :)

I rewrote leveling part after last league when I noticed that skyrocketing Anima Stone prices can keep players away from the build once prices raise high enough. With Specters you can now farm all map tiers up to 13-14 and get the best loot from red maps. Costs for Specters are minimal so almost all currency can be saved for getting Anima Stone asap ;)

Those are good advice about trading with not pure chaos only. I traded my Anima Stone last league from non-buyout seller for tons of Chaos, Regret, Gcp, Chroms, etc. Not a textbook pure chaos to item trade, but some sellers are really nice and take random currency if you can pay some extra. However always be prepared to offer 10-20% more if its low value currency. No seller wants exact offer buyout price with tons of low orbs.

Elementalist is excellent class to farm currency when entering t16, Atziri and Shaper. Golems are immune to elemental damage and you can farm bosses while dead. You can beat almost all endgame bosses with very budget gear. Later when you get better gear you can re-spec back to Necromancer and do all endgame deathless with more defense.

"
I am having difficulty with kiting and bosses in general, as the minions will follow me most of the time instead of attacking. I understand they attack where the cursor is .. is there a way around this? Does the stone which makes the golems more aggressive help with this?

Hi!

You can force minions near boss by placing Totem near place where you want them to shoot.

The Primordial Might makes Golems aggressive and lets them stay farther away from you. This means you can kite farther and don't have to route them back to fight as often. Its more quality of life upgrade, but a huge one if you have the currency.

"
Morning

I don't think this was ask previously.

For example:

If you have a belt with elemental damage do your Goloms also benefit from this.

Or Add 2 to 8 Fire, Cold or lightning on any other items. Or should we concentrate more on Fire and Lightning?

If a Jewel talks about minion damage does this also apply to Goloms. I'm a little lost here Gear wise what makes things applicable also to Goloms. Here for example I can see "Life" for example.

Then lastly if you in a boss fight how can you generate Frenzy or Power charges?

POE is complex and not everything can be taken for granted.

Hey!

Your damage, castspeed or life is never minions. They are their own entity and benefit only from gear / skill tree nodes with minions mentioned. Golems are minions, so all lines applying to minions affect them.

In leveling section I have mentioned most of useful minion items that you can use while leveling / endgame. There is a list of items and passive nodes that affect minion in :

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Minion

Scroll to "Equipment" and "Passive skills"

It's very confusing at first, but it makes more sense when you think minions as not "you". This makes understanding how Elemental Equilibrium and other tricks with minions work easier. Hope this helped ^^

"
Let's do it properly this time. Say you have a radius of 10, giving you an area of 100 (forget about the 2*pi). Adding Discipline (and the mandatory 20% node near Sovereignty) will give you 40% more area, for 140, giving a radius of SQRT(140)=11.8 (+18%).

Adding Leadership will give you 50% more AOE, area becomes 190, giving you a radius of SQRT(190)=13.8, or 17% more radius over not taking Leadership. Better than with Blasphemy, but still disappointing.

I think that:
- if you *need* the 4% mana reservation node before Leadership. spending one node more for Leadership is worthwhile
- if you don't need the 4% mana reservation, skip the Leadership, as three nodes for "30% damage in a quite narrow band around you" is quite expensive. Better use those three nodes to take another jewel with "15% damage always" plus some other nice to have stuff.

Leadership is good as default as it :
- Boosts curse radius
- Boosts aura radius
- Boosts Golems damage and resistance
- Boosts party members damage and resistance when in mapping party

Many players especially with Skin of the Loyal have been tweaking aura nodes with good results. Some add extra aura, curse of just use Mom for extra defense and like to keep more mana open. Each player tends to find the optimal result for own playstyle after learning the mechanics and needs of own style ;)

"
The Infernal Mantle (with socketed gems +1) is very rare with 3red, 2 blue gems. Are there other options also instead of this?

for example 3blue, 2 red? And what gems should be used then?

"
Controlled Destruction and Fire Penetration are about equal in strength, so BBBGRR is:

Echo, Minion Damage, Controlled Destruction, GMP, Flame Golem, Empower 4 (or Fire Penetration if you cannot afford Empower 4))

Hello :)

Yep, 4 off-color Infernal Mantle is very hard to get. Default links are :

Flame Golem -> Empower / Fire pene -> GMP -> Minion Damage -> Echo -> Controlled Destruction

RRGBBB, which is much easier to get with Voricis bench.

Controlled Destruction adds even more power then Fire Penetration against enemies with low / no fire resistance. Most enemies have very little fire resistance and EE takes that down for Controlled Destruction to deal full extra damage.

Fire Pene is great when running very high tier maps that can roll extra elemental resistance mods, face rares with huge fire res or just doing damage to endgame bosses. Fire pene more flattens damage curve against no fire res <-> capped fire res monsters. Controlled destruction adds huge damage against enemies with low res and some damage against enemies with huge res.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 24, 2017, 8:17:59 AM
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
So yeah - the prices for anima stone and prime might shouldn't look THAT scary, if you consider all these things. Most likely, you won't even have to specifically farm anything to get those 2 jewels once you reach the point where spectres stop carrying you.

The Anima Stone and Primordial Might at 200c each are just the beginning :)

After those come the luxuries:
- a decent 6L ES armor (200c)
- Flame Golem 21/20 (200c)
the more advanced luxuries:
- Presence of Chayula amulet(400c)
- Empower and Enhance 4 (450c each)
and the two super-luxuries (which will take "a wee bit" more effort):
- +1 to gems 6L Infernal Mantle - currently one for sale in Harbinger with no price (3000 chaos in Standard)
- +1 curse Presence of Chayula - currently none for sale in Harbinger (12.000 chaos in Standard)

And for the last one, I have to admit, it does look THAT scary :)

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 24, 2017, 9:36:31 AM
12.000, lol. I wonder how long it takes for the actual trade to complete!

Thanks a lot Mika for this awesome build! I'm just starting mapping and a looong ways to go, but this is exactly the build I was looking for. I like summoners the most in all games I play, and this one mimics what I'm used to playing the best.

Greatly appreciate your continued support of your build and the answering of all our questions. PoE is a very complex game and I learn every day a bit more.

Cheers!
Thanks for the guide! I'm still leveling but I enjoy the experience so far. Everything's very detailed.

Can you tell me when would be a good time to switch to golems? I'm lvl 40 (lol) but I have 1 primordial might, 3 primordial harmonies, and a primordial essence. Should I keep going spectres until I can wear infernal mantle?

Why do you pick Neco instead of Elementalist?
Hey, thanks for the build, having a lot of fun. I have 3 questions however

1. Im having trouble getting through the guardians, particularly chimera, I seem to get oneshot during the smoke phase even with Rumi's and Kiara's. The smoke phase also seems to happen more often than 3 times per fight, which is what i thought it was supposed to do. Im at 2.6k hp and 4.5k energy shield, is it just a hp problem i have?

2. What is it that makes getting a level 21 golem more important than a 23% quality golem? What im reading about the gem says the quality should be more stats, no?

3. If I were to switch to elementalist, what nodes would I take other than liege of the primordial

Thanks again!
So I've been playing this build in Hardcore Harbinger, a lot of fun. I've put a bit of my own customization on it, but I've been using this for a lot of the guidelines.

I'd just like to make a big PSA, that the CWDT -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering combo DOES NOT actually work.

Confirmation here from GGG

Basically if you have them linked in the same CWDT, the desecrate corpses never exist before bone offering is cast, even if you have them in the correct link order. (This is easy to test, just go find some zombies to proc your CWDT without any corpses around, you'll see that desecrate will be cast, but bone offering will not)

I'm not certain of a proper solution to this. My thinking is one of two options:

1. is to run a desecrate along with the phase run CWDT level 1, so that you'll constantly be proccing corpses, so that when the bone offering does go off, you're more likely to have corpses around. Downside here is unreliability.

2. Just run manual bone offering. Downside here is we don't have much cast speed so you can end up vulnerable trying to keep bone offering buff running.

Any suggestions on how to solve the defensive problem?
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Aug 24, 2017, 3:29:11 PM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:

The Anima Stone and Primordial Might at 200c each are just the beginning :)

After those come the luxuries:
- a decent 6L ES armor (200c)
- Flame Golem 21/20 (200c)
the more advanced luxuries:
- Presence of Chayula amulet(400c)
- Empower and Enhance 4 (450c each)
and the two super-luxuries (which will take "a wee bit" more effort):
- +1 to gems 6L Infernal Mantle - currently one for sale in Harbinger with no price (3000 chaos in Standard)
- +1 curse Presence of Chayula - currently none for sale in Harbinger (12.000 chaos in Standard)

And for the last one, I have to admit, it does look THAT scary :)

"
12.000, lol. I wonder how long it takes for the actual trade to complete!

Thanks a lot Mika for this awesome build! I'm just starting mapping and a looong ways to go, but this is exactly the build I was looking for. I like summoners the most in all games I play, and this one mimics what I'm used to playing the best.

Greatly appreciate your continued support of your build and the answering of all our questions. PoE is a very complex game and I learn every day a bit more.

Cheers!

Thanks for Support! ^^

I'm still dreaming of the of the +1 curse Presence of Chayula myself, but maybe one day... :P

"
Thanks for the guide! I'm still leveling but I enjoy the experience so far. Everything's very detailed.

Can you tell me when would be a good time to switch to golems? I'm lvl 40 (lol) but I have 1 primordial might, 3 primordial harmonies, and a primordial essence. Should I keep going spectres until I can wear infernal mantle?

Hey and thanks! ^^

You can try Golem on same links as Specters and feel the difference. High level Specters are lot tankier than low level Flame Golems. So you can use them until you hit level 60-70 and can buy decent level Flame Golem gem as.

As you have all jewels to make Anima Stone, I would skip taking the "Soul Weaver" and going straight for Golems once Specters start to feel underpowered. Try to buy level 20/20 corrupt Flame Golem as soon as you hit level 70 and empower 3. That will take you very far into high tier maps :P

"
Why do you pick Neco instead of Elementalist?

Hi :)

Elementalist has only one good Ascenancy node for Golems and has very low defense. Ele is good for farming bosses at early game when reaching T16 maps, Shaper and Atziri. However level progression will be very slow as Ele dies more often.

I usually recommend :
Acts -> t15 = Necro
Early endgame = Elementalist
Late endgame = Necro

"
Hey, thanks for the build, having a lot of fun. I have 3 questions however

1. Im having trouble getting through the guardians, particularly chimera, I seem to get oneshot during the smoke phase even with Rumi's and Kiara's. The smoke phase also seems to happen more often than 3 times per fight, which is what i thought it was supposed to do. Im at 2.6k hp and 4.5k energy shield, is it just a hp problem i have?

2. What is it that makes getting a level 21 golem more important than a 23% quality golem? What im reading about the gem says the quality should be more stats, no?

3. If I were to switch to elementalist, what nodes would I take other than liege of the primordial

Thanks again!

Hello and thanks :)

1)
Guardian does mostly physical damage, so you can try to use eva / armor flasks to reduce damage while in smoke phase. Movement flask is most important one after Kiara and Rumi as you can zoom smoke clouds very fast while Kiara is up. Normal movement speed is too slow to cover all smoke clouds before heatlh runs out at your health level.

2)
Level adds both base damage and health that all other gems and nodes will scale up. Quality is nice extra but nowhere as important as raw level on Golems.

3)
Other nodes are useless for Golems. There is only one small node giving elemental res when going for "Paragon Of Calamity". I would not spec other Ascendancy nodes at all as it makes changing to Necro cheaper later if ever decide to.

"
So I've been playing this build in Hardcore Harbinger, a lot of fun. I've put a bit of my own customization on it, but I've been using this for a lot of the guidelines.

I'd just like to make a big PSA, that the CWDT -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering combo DOES NOT actually work.

Confirmation here from GGG

Basically if you have them linked in the same CWDT, the desecrate corpses never exist before bone offering is cast, even if you have them in the correct link order. (This is easy to test, just go find some zombies to proc your CWDT without any corpses around, you'll see that desecrate will be cast, but bone offering will not)

I'm not certain of a proper solution to this. My thinking is one of two options:

1. is to run a desecrate along with the phase run CWDT level 1, so that you'll constantly be proccing corpses, so that when the bone offering does go off, you're more likely to have corpses around. Downside here is unreliability.

2. Just run manual bone offering. Downside here is we don't have much cast speed so you can end up vulnerable trying to keep bone offering buff running.

Any suggestions on how to solve the defensive problem?

UPDATE

Hey :)

Thanks for confirming it and interesting information. Just tested and verified that Bone Offering CWDT is not working as intended. First CWDT(lvl20) casts just Desecrate if no corpses are near and second CWDT(lvl20) finally triggers Bone Offer.

Tested new links in few maps and defenses were hugely better with them. New TEST links for necromancer with Victario's Charity are :

CWDT(lvl 1) -> Tempest Shield(lvl 1) -> Desecrate(lvl 1) -> Phase Run(lvl 3)

CWDT(lvl 20) -> Bone Offering(lvl 20) -> Increased Duration(lvl 20)

"Tempest Shield" adds 3% extra block chance passively. This gets converted to spell block by raindowstrides and helps maxing block chance with Rumis flask. It also shocks enemies when you block, applying Elemental Equilibrium passively to enemies and renewing its duration, so its up almost all the time.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tempest_Shield

"
Necromantic Aegis does not cause Tempest Shield to be applied to Minions. The block chance will be lost and Tempest Shield can no longer deal damage because you are not using a shield.[1]

Tested it and it works raising block by 3% and spell-block 1% with Rainbowstrides. Also arc caused be block apply EE to enemies. Not sure yet why it works but needs more testing.

Alternative skill for Elementalists or dual Clayshaper users might be "Frost Wall". It hits enemies with cold damage triggering EE and creates huge wall between you and attacker.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Frost_Wall

Bad thing with new links is that Desecrate has to be last gem in the CWDT link. So getting right colors might be tricky in INT based gear gloves.

I need to go to sleep and figure this out tomorrow while testing it thoroughly. There will be some major changes to CWDT links coming asap.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 24, 2017, 9:26:39 PM
Awesome suggestion for new defensive links! It's cool that tempest shield still works.

I imagine this is because all the stats transfer, but game still registers you as having a shield (You see it on your character model anyway)

Something I've also found handy for certain map types (indoors, corridors, caves) is to use convocation in the CWDT level 1, makes positioning mobs much easier, and can block shots for you very nicely when you're in trouble.

Wouldn't use it in a chaining map or boss though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info