[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
knarayan13 wrote:
Hey mika, just a question, hopefully not too nooby, im following your build and i know in the long run im gonna be having troubles with going ES, i was wondering if its ok to just go pure life instead?? and spec out of the ES nodes and go after the scion life wheel and life around the templar area?? thank you for a great build!!!

Hello!

With life you lose too many minion nodes and end up with too little life. Pure physical minions like SRS are better used with life as you can use "The Baron" to add str bonus for minions.

Build end with 8,5k EHP (Life+ES) in league with t2 items, so there will be enough tankiness ;)

"
Thx for the guide Mika2Solo.

Really enjoying giving this a go. I've done a bit of a hybrid as I have gone Elementalist mostly because I really HATE Lab and so only needing to do normal and cruel was very appealing!

Just got my Presence today. Now working towards other gear upgrades like crystal belt, better gloves...etc. Leveling Enhance and Empower but a ways still to go.[

Couple of questions though.

i/ In continuing the lazy playstyle what do you think about getting Death's Oath boots that make you immune to bleeding? Seems like I can just run through maps without a care in the world if I don't need to worry about bleed at all. Not really going block at all so rainbow stride seems to be of limited use in my situation.

ii/ How important do you think getting chaos res is? I have 60 from the presence but unlike the necro nothing else from ascendancy, tree or gear. I can look to prioritise on a ring / belt or even rare boots depending on your thoughts re: point 1. Again, just trying to really minimise what can kill me quickly where possible for a chilled mapping experience! Current life is around 2,400. Desecrated ground isn't an issue at all but I worry 10 vaal constructs attacking at once in a high tier map will kill me from across the screen with one mass volley.....or possibly the chaos damage exile killing me in less than a second in a high tier map.
/quote]

Hey and gz on getting presence ^^

Death's Oaths maybe be better as Rainbowstrides with elementalist. Just make sure to have anti-freeze and anti-burn flasks ready as the effects will last a long time.

If you get chaos resistance to even 60% you have nothing to worry in maps. Regen will take care of desecrated ground and HP will give enough buffer against random chaos enemies. Elementalist needs some chaos resistance on gear especially if not using Vertex. Gloves, belt and rings are great place to get decent roll of chaos res.

There are no many really bad chaos enemies in high tier maps, and usually players stop raising chaos res at around 0-20% but I like to be safe so around 60% is good place to stop ;)

I really recommend taking "Purity of flesh" for hp and 20% chaos resistance.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Is it HC viable ? If then could someone post me a pob link so i better see gear and links.
How much empower 3or4 is mandatory ?
Last edited by EzBreesy on Aug 23, 2017, 8:02:17 PM
I was excited to try this build out. This is my first time really playing the game, and I have a bunch of different characters and builds I want to try out, but this one is the one I focused on putting together most recently...

Problem is, now that I have most of the gear I need, I found out that Primordial Might and Anima Stone cost just under and just over 200 chaos each; I do not have anywhere near those amounts of currency yet. It's such a bummer, being stopped by a few super important, super expensive, items at the last hurdle... =/

What do? Just stay with spectres until I can afford them, or luck out and find them on my own? I'll probably just play a different character if that's the case... Sadness.
"
I was excited to try this build out. This is my first time really playing the game, and I have a bunch of different characters and builds I want to try out, but this one is the one I focused on putting together most recently...

Problem is, now that I have most of the gear I need, I found out that Primordial Might and Anima Stone cost just under and just over 200 chaos each; I do not have anywhere near those amounts of currency yet. It's such a bummer, being stopped by a few super important, super expensive, items at the last hurdle... =/

What do? Just stay with spectres until I can afford them, or luck out and find them on my own? I'll probably just play a different character if that's the case... Sadness.

The most wonderful aspect of this guide is the fact that it goes very in-depth regarding this specific scenario. Check the 'leveling' section and 'different minions and how to use it' - with special attention to spectres. I haven't reached that point yet, but from what I understand, spectres alone should carry you very far, to the point where you should be able to afford the required jewels.

Also, remember to convert ALL currency to chaos; some people are not aware that they might be carrying around 200+ chaos worth of various lower currencies. For example, 16 alteration, 20 whetstones, 3 silver coins, 8 jewelers, 2 fusings... all of those equal 1 chaos (if you are patient for the market to move to these prices, just use a premium tab + poe.trade), and I haven't listed everything.

For example, I've been experimenting a bit in league, and not a single one of my characters has reached even level 60 yet; however, I've already amassed more than 200 chaos, and that's after buying a lot of stuff for my wife - together with that, it would be at least 300. I'd say, at least 70% of those came from trading lower currencies, 25% from selling items/prophecies (2 jewellers touches, woohoo) and 5% self-found.

So yeah - the prices for anima stone and prime might shouldn't look THAT scary, if you consider all these things. Most likely, you won't even have to specifically farm anything to get those 2 jewels once you reach the point where spectres stop carrying you.
I am having difficulty with kiting and bosses in general, as the minions will follow me most of the time instead of attacking. I understand they attack where the cursor is .. is there a way around this? Does the stone which makes the golems more aggressive help with this?
oops
Last edited by gregnog on Aug 23, 2017, 9:51:10 PM
Hey again Mika

So i am still kinda poor in the league so far, i went necro and am level 57, starting using my 3 golems for dps and they are doing wonderous. But i feel truly that i will not be able to get to the anima and other expensive primordial jewels and endgame gear, cause of such little currency, i was wondering if its best to use my respec points and go elementalist for the long run.......
Last edited by knarayan13 on Aug 24, 2017, 12:09:24 AM
Morning

I don't think this was ask previously.

For example:

If you have a belt with elemental damage do your Goloms also benefit from this.

Or Add 2 to 8 Fire, Cold or lightning on any other items. Or should we concentrate more on Fire and Lightning?

If a Jewel talks about minion damage does this also apply to Goloms. I'm a little lost here Gear wise what makes things applicable also to Goloms. Here for example I can see "Life" for example.

Then lastly if you in a boss fight how can you generate Frenzy or Power charges?

POE is complex and not everything can be taken for granted.
Last edited by jgundlach on Aug 24, 2017, 1:38:40 AM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Thanks for calculating the actual numbers :)

Yep, increasing AOE gives diminishing returns.

Leadership actually makes sense to take as it increased aura & curse radius. This makes sure that Golems get the 30% increased damage from Discipline during fights even if they are far away from you. Hexmaster is so-so and should only be taken if really wanting to maximize Temp Chains.

Discipline has only 20% increased area of effect from quality, so Leadership has strong effect on its area.

Say you have a radius of 10, giving you an area of 100 (forget about the 2*pi). Adding Discipline (and the mandatory 20% node near Sovereignty) will give you 40% increased area, for 140, giving a radius of SQRT(140)=11.8. So you already have a radius 18% larger than normal.

Adding Leadership will give you 50% additional increased AOE, the area size becomes 190, giving you a radius of SQRT(190)=13.8. This is a 17% bigger radius than you would have when not taking Leadership. Better than with Blasphemy, but still somewhat disappointing.

I think that:
- if you *need* the 4% mana reservation node before Leadership. spending one node more for Leadership is worth it.
- if you don't need the 4% mana reservation, skip the Leadership, as three nodes for "30% damage in a quite narrow band around you" is quite expensive. Better use those three nodes to take another jewel with "15% damage always" plus some other nice to have stuff (minion block, ES, dex, resists)
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 24, 2017, 7:53:03 AM
The Infernal Mantle (with socketed gems +1) is very rare with 3red, 2 blue gems. Are there other options also instead of this?

for example 3blue, 2 red? And what gems should be used then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info