[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

I'm playing this build since day one in the Blight league and it is really fun. The last days I've played with my brother some Blight maps and I have the feeling his Slave Driver Spectres are destroying the Blight bosses and my spectres/ golems are lacking behind.

My character is level 93 and my gear is at most decent. On the Summon flame golem skill I have an average damage about 25k vs. your 38k from the imported pastebin files. Where am I lacking damage? Maybe someone could explain me.

https://pastebin.com/2ZyK93ge
"
I'm playing this build since day one in the Blight league and it is really fun. The last days I've played with my brother some Blight maps and I have the feeling his Slave Driver Spectres are destroying the Blight bosses and my spectres/ golems are lacking behind.

My character is level 93 and my gear is at most decent. On the Summon flame golem skill I have an average damage about 25k vs. your 38k from the imported pastebin files. Where am I lacking damage? Maybe someone could explain me.

https://pastebin.com/2ZyK93ge

Hello :)

Right now all minion based builds seem to be doing strong. Physical based minions seem to be doing more DPS than intented, so I think they will be heavily nerfed next leageu. This league however I'm don't GGG will yet touch them.

If you want to keep all your defenses but deal more DPS, here what you can do :
- Buy 21/0 Flame Golem gem. Extra level beats quality.
- Buy 21/0 Raise Spec gem. Extra level is noticable DPS boost.
- Empower 4 is also noticably boost to DPS if you have the currency
- If you want to focus just on fast clear speed, you can swap helmet for one with "Minion damage support" and "Conc Effect support" and run 4x Solar Guard Specs in it. You can also run 1x "Unending Hunger" on left or right jewel socket from Witch start to give Solar Guards big DPS boost.
- Enhance 3 boost Elemental Weakness power with reasonable price. 4 is optimal
- Quality on elemental Weakness raises the DSP. 20/20 is nice DPS boost.

You are playing the default variant, which is meant for introduction to summoner class and to be extremely safe to play with good damage. If you really want to join the DPS race and even beat the physical minion builds, I can recommend you try the "Pledge of Hands" -Elementalist. Switching Ascendancy is very cheap as skill-trees are very close to each other and you can try the DPS with 5 or 6-link pledge. If you like DPS you can swap rest of the gear as you see fit.

There is also Victarios Charity based variant of the Necromancer which sacrifices lot of defense for about 1.5x DPS multiplier. It's somewhere between of the variants, but I would go straight for Pledge if you really want to deal tons of DPS with low cost and decent defenses.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Hi and thanks for your detailed explanation and taking your time, to answer my questions.

"
- If you want to focus just on fast clear speed, you can swap helmet for one with "Minion damage support" and "Conc Effect support" and run 4x Solar Guard Specs in it. You can also run 1x "Unending Hunger" on left or right jewel socket from Witch start to give Solar Guards big DPS boost.

I'm looking for new gems, but I'm a cheap bastard and always sit on my money, until I think I made a good deal. Gems should be me priority No.1 and except Empower 4 they are all affordable.

"
You are playing the default variant, which is meant for introduction to summoner class and to be extremely safe to play with good damage. If you really want to join the DPS race and even beat the physical minion builds, I can recommend you try the "Pledge of Hands" -Elementalist. Switching Ascendancy is very cheap as skill-trees are very close to each other and you can try the DPS with 5 or 6-link pledge. If you like DPS you can swap rest of the gear as you see fit.

I also thought about this Elementalist variant. Respec wouldn't be a great problem, but I need complete new gear. Checked already the prices and a little bit more of currency is needed. During a working week I don't have the time to farm constantly and my drop luck this season is really garbage, compared to the last season.

"
There is also Victarios Charity based variant of the Necromancer which sacrifices lot of defense for about 1.5x DPS multiplier. It's somewhere between of the variants, but I would go straight for Pledge if you really want to deal tons of DPS with low cost and decent defenses.

I've dropped the Victarios Charity, because I needed a little bit more toughness against Shaper Guardians.
Maybe I hit some kind of jackpot :D - 3 slum lords
Is it worth speccing out of the left minion wheel to get these 160% and speccing to the right upper one, to have 240%?

https://imgur.com/a/Xf1y2bQ

thx
"
mika2salo wrote:

I don't get how a 21/0 Flame Golem gem is better than a 20/20 one...

The gem progression tables show damage to be 20% for both level 20 and 21 gems, and only increases to 21% at level 23.

20% quality adds 20% damage, so what am I missing?
"
daniboy wrote:
Hi and thanks for your detailed explanation and taking your time, to answer my questions.

"

I'm looking for new gems, but I'm a cheap bastard and always sit on my money, until I think I made a good deal. Gems should be me priority No.1 and except Empower 4 they are all affordable.

"

I also thought about this Elementalist variant. Respec wouldn't be a great problem, but I need complete new gear. Checked already the prices and a little bit more of currency is needed. During a working week I don't have the time to farm constantly and my drop luck this season is really garbage, compared to the last season.

"

I've dropped the Victarios Charity, because I needed a little bit more toughness against Shaper Guardians.

Hello :)

You can post again if you feel that after the updates the damage is still lacking. If you become interested in the Elementalist, you can swap when you have enough currency later. Ascendancy swap and Pledge + Primordial Chain are the core items needed for that setup. Helmet, armor and boots can be really anything with Energy Shield. Armors doesnt even have to be 6 link.

I wish your luck turns and you get some nice drops this leaguea also ;)

"
I don't get how a 21/0 Flame Golem gem is better than a 20/20 one...

The gem progression tables show damage to be 20% for both level 20 and 21 gems, and only increases to 21% at level 23.

20% quality adds 20% damage, so what am I missing?

Hey :)

You are actually watching the stats that Golem level has on PLAYER.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Flame_Golem

If you check the lower part of the page, you find real thats for Golems level increase. Each level increases Golems damage and hp by roughly 10%.

"
Maybe I hit some kind of jackpot :D - 3 slum lords
Is it worth speccing out of the left minion wheel to get these 160% and speccing to the right upper one, to have 240%?

https://imgur.com/a/Xf1y2bQ

thx

Hi :)

Gz on sweet roll!

I would maybe even consider anointing the 3rd Slum Lords original node. The anointement would point to the exact location of the original node, and once you transfer it with Hubris, you are now pointing at the Slum Lord and don't have to waste points on the way there.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Hello i'm currently playing this build, (first of all sorry if i fail english grammar, no native)

I have only a question, its about the Harmony jewels:

X% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned

Actually i can summon 5 golems, is better 5 fire golems or 4+1 (stone golem for example) for boost damage of the jewels? Another golem suggestion meanwhile im leveling up Animated Guardian?
What's best double corruption on Skin of The Loyal for us? Also is there some resource on possible corruptions, cause i can't find anything.
"
mika2salo wrote:

Hi :)

Gz on sweet roll!

I would maybe even consider anointing the 3rd Slum Lords original node. The anointement would point to the exact location of the original node, and once you transfer it with Hubris, you are now pointing at the Slum Lord and don't have to waste points on the way there.

Hi, thx for answer - I played a little bit around with divine orbs - now I think its even better, because I dont loose anything from the left minion wheel.
2 slums with not many points to use

"
Unista wrote:
What's best double corruption on Skin of The Loyal for us?

In terms of damage, there's only +1 gem lvl really... +2 lvl to Projectile Gems or +2 lvl to Duration Gems would improve LMP/GMP or Feeding Frenzy Support by 1% respectively.

Anything else is more or less random defensive enhancements, % max life, less damage taken, etc. So there is no "best" really.

Of course, 6w is also a nice double corruption if you want to use "Tabula of the Loyal" with multiple builds. ;)

"
Unista wrote:
Also is there some resource on possible corruptions, cause i can't find anything.

Wiki is your friend:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Corrupted

The old Wiki used to be better because you could easily sort the columns ascending/descending, now you will have to scroll down the body armour column... or maybe I'm just too daft to figure it out. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Oct 3, 2019, 6:06:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info